Werder Bremen 3-0 Chelsea

Jase

MOTM  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM?

2. 2. MOTM among the subs?

The whole team was poor, I failed to see Costa was any better in terms of goal threat. Well never mind, I knew your reaction anyway.

Costa offered so much more than goal threat. But when the mid is being over run, a striker can do only so much. Infact the best thing a striker can do is change the tide of the match with an easy clear cut chance. Torres dint. But considering the fact that u think torres was okay/good, its hard to make u understand it. Infact what exactly was good abiut torrea today dude? His miss at the far post from the cross? His one on one miss? I remeber barbara stating in the match thread that torres had lost the ball 3 times and fucked up our attack in the first 10 minutes itself. Or was it that he gave the ball away which led to the goal? I mean what exactly was it that made his performance good.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Costa didn't get ANY service today!!!!! How can he be said to be as bad or worse than Torres when Torres had a sitter (from a cross that was supposed to be to Costa, but didn't reach him) and missed chances and Costa had nothing?

He received one ball at the edge of the box and he chose to pass to Salah who was much better positioned and unmarked, but he was a bit ahead of the last defender and his goal was disallowed correctly. Costa could have shot, but that was literally the only service he's got today... a pass outside the box.

Costa offered so much more than goal threat. But when the mid is being over run, a striker can do only so much. Infact the best thing a striker can do is change the tide of the match with an easy clear cut chance. Torres dint. But considering the fact that u think torres was okay/good, its hard to make u understand it. Infact what exactly was good abiut torrea today dude? His miss at the far post from the cross? His one on one miss? I remeber barbara stating in the match thread that torres had lost the ball 3 times and fucked up our attack in the first 10 minutes itself. Or was it that he gave the ball away which led to the goal? I mean what exactly was it that made his performance good.

Jeez I said he did ok (providing shots and a good cross to Costa) considering the whole team were poor so stop twisting my words dude I've never said his performance was GOOD. In terms of goal threat Costa was no better than Torres, that's my opinion so let's agree to disagree and please drop your laughable condescending tone, dude.

Luis needs some time to gel with our current team, looks a bit off and shaky, as if things are never going his way.

I think it's important that he and Hazard play a good number of minutes together in the final pre-season matches.

Luis needs some time to gel with our current team, looks a bit off and shaky, as if things are never going his way.

felt that too. He had a good debut, but ever since he's been fading and struggling more. Each match is a bit worse than the previous. That way he may tempt José to move Azpili back to the left. Hopefully it won't happen though as he's still new in the team and is adapting.

Disagree about Luis. Thought he and Matic were our two best players in the first half and was surprised to see him subbed so early.

Looked good defensively. His crossing needs sharpening, though.

Seems like this was a good game to miss... If nothing else just to miss out on the argumentative discussions. Can anyone objectively tell me how Tibo did in his first Chelsea appearance?

Seems like this was a good game to miss... If nothing else just to miss out on the argumentative discussions. Can anyone objectively tell me how Tibo did in his first Chelsea appearance?

Missed it too. Good job by the sound of it, but seems some are using a pre season friendly to dig out some players and Mourinho....unbelievable.

Missed it too. Good job by the sound of it, but seems some are using a pre season friendly to dig out some players and Mourinho....unbelievable.

I partly agree with you that freaking out in pre season is not a good idea. But I also think that if we were still playing a backwards style I also kinda agree with the moaning. Guess we'll have to watch the next game and see. If we're poor again, then it's time to worry, but otherwise we keep up the positivity for the season ahead. I'm on the fence tbh.