Filipe Luís

Jase

Various media outlets in Spain believe that Felip Luis will be announced as a Chelsea player today. #CFC

Italian journalists reports that, Felipe Luis will be a Chelsea player by tonight. #CFC

I woke up with nine emails from my co -journalists from Italy congratulating me and saying Felipe Luis will be a Chelsea player by tonight.

Will prove an excellent signing for this season.

I anticipate a lot of "why would Chelsea buy some old LB instead of Shaw?" comments from many opposition fans, but after they see him play those comments will turn into "man, that guy's really fucking good."

100% believe he'll have a better season than Shaw. Certainly not a better long term investment, but you can't really complain about us signing probably the most complete LB in the world last season.

There are a few reasons why i hope this is true. First and foremost is EDEN HAZARD! For him to reach his full potential we need someone behind him with experience and attacking nous. Someone that has the ability to take away some of the defensive responsibility Eden has been charged with this season. Luis is precisely that player, he will get forward, he will defend and is a cool enough of a head that he won't be overwhelmed by the extra defensive commitment.

The second reason is Diego Costa, we need a player or two who know his game and can get him the ball where he likes it. He's not an AM but from wide areas he is the type of player who can deliver the ball where Diego can attack it. They know each other and to me that could be key to Costa hitting the ground running as opposed to stumbling in the early going. Chemistry is So So important.

Our striker needed much more support from fullbacks and creative midfielder. No point saying Torres would score more, because he misses open nets, but strikers in general werent given enough balls IMO. Luis and Cesc will be brought exactly because of that. If everything links well, we will have great counter attacks.

I don't get you guys, why would you pass up on a La Liga champion and UCL finalist just to have someone like Blind instead? Just because he's had one good game in his entire season and Filipe is "old" at 29? For Christ's sake, it's 29, not 85, you don't die at 29. The guy is in his prime, one of the best left-backs in the world, he will guarantee you at least two or three top seasons.

Blind is such a liablity at LB that even de Boer changed his position and played him as a defensive midfielder for the entire season. He's had a good game against Spain. So what? That doesn't make him the ultimate left-back out there. Comparing Filipe Luis to this guy is just silly. It's like comparing Ash to, I don't know, some fucking bellend Assou Ekotto

Hyping players based on international games is the biggest mistake ever.

Mathieu Debuchy says hi..

Blind is such a liablity at LB that even de Boer changed his position and played him as a defensive midfielder for the entire season. He's had a good game against Spain. So what? That doesn't make him the ultimate left-back out there. Comparing Filipe Luis to this guy is just silly. It's like comparing Ash to, I don't know, some fucking bellend Assou Ekotto

Hyping players based on international games is the biggest mistake ever.

What are you on about? Blind is not a liability at left back. FDB did not change him into a CDM because he was being poor at LB... He's actually been very good there for some time now. Because he's a versatile, well rounded player, FDB decided to make him the lynchpin of his Ajax side at CDM... He still played at left back more than a handful of times last season.

Blind a liability at LB... :lol:. I'm not advocating that we should sign Blind over Luis but come on, you don't have to make stuff up.

J.B. Telles @jbtelles Jornalista espanhol, do El País, acaba de me informar que o lateral Filipe Luis (Atlético de Madri) está indo para o Chelsea (Inglaterra).

Spanish journalist, From El País, has just informed me that the Full-Back Filipe Luis (Atlético de Madrid) is going to Chelsea (England).