Filipe Luís

Jase

What are you on about? Blind is not a liability at left back. FDB did not change him into a CDM because he was being poor at LB... He's actually been very good there for some time now. Because he's a versatile, well rounded player, FDB decided to make him the lynchpin of his Ajax side at CDM... He still played at left back more than a handful of times last season.

Blind a liability at LB... :lol:. I'm not advocating that we should sign Blind over Luis but come on, you don't have to make stuff up.

That's the last thing I would do mate. I respect your opinion because you should know him better, being Dutch and all this stuff, but I was only sharing my point of view regarding this player.

Still, he isnt' Chelsea material in my eyes and nowhere near as good as Filipe Luis, Ricardo Rodriguez, Shaw, Alberto Moreno, Alaba, Alex Sandro etc. That was my point - there's no reason why Chelsea fans should look into him when there are better players out there. He's just an updated version of PvA IMO. I can't see him leave Ajax for more than €7-8m.

That's the last thing I would do mate. I respect your opinion because you should know him better, being Dutch and all this stuff, but I was only sharing my point of view regarding this player.

Still, he isnt' Chelsea material in my eyes and nowhere near as good as Filipe Luis, Ricardo Rodriguez, Shaw, Alberto Moreno, Alaba, Alex Sandro etc. That was my point - there's no reason why Chelsea fans should look into him when there are better players out there. He's just an updated version of PvA IMO. I can't see him leave Ajax for more than 7-8m.

Yeah that's fair enough, plenty of better LBs out there and again I'm not saying we should get him over Luis or anything - the main thing I was trying to get across is that he isn't a liability defensively. PVA is better at going forward than he is, whilst he is defensively a lot better than Patrick. Merely stated that he would be a good signing IMO because he's a very versatile, great utility player - especially if we got shot of more midfielders.

Wouldn't buy him as a starting LB though.

Yeah that's fair enough, plenty of better LBs out there and again I'm not saying we should get him over Luis or anything - the main thing I was trying to get across is that he isn't a liability defensively. PVA is better at going forward than he is, whilst he is defensively a lot better than Patrick. Merely stated that he would be a good signing IMO because he's a very versatile, great utility player - especially if we got shot of more midfielders.

Wouldn't buy him as a starting LB though.

Ahh, I see. How much would he go for?

Debuchy has never and ever been as good as Luis, I don't get it. Do you compare Debuchy to Shaw or Luis?

i wasn't clear. comparing Debuchy to Daley Blind

in Euro 2012 Debuchy had a good game and talkchelsea wanted him at Chelsea. then we signed Azpilicueta and now everybody is glad

Is anyone else gonna screenshot any tweets from twitter from unreliable journalists saying its gonna be announced tomorrow or Christmas day or some time in 2095 or what?

It will be done when its done, I mean all the build up from his agent coming out and speaking about our interest then Atleti signing a good LB as a replacement does that not point to something?

Is anyone else gonna screenshot any tweets from twitter from unreliable journalists saying its gonna be announced tomorrow or Christmas day or some time in 2095 or what?

It will be done when its done, I mean all the build up from his agent coming out and speaking about our interest then Atleti signing a good LB as a replacement does that not point to something?

You meant me?

Im my picture , he didn't say when...

And he's reliable...

I think this is the wrong move this summer, but I could be wrong. 25 million for the 28 y.o. backup fullback of Brazil?

He will be 29 by the start of the season.

I really hope Chelsea tried to get Rodriguez from Wolfsburg in January or later on and found that they could only buy Luis. on the bright side, it's 25 million Euros, not pounds sterling.