Filipe Luís

Jase

I did not want to sell Filipe, but, realistically, he had no options in our starting eleven and is good for US to have good relations with Atletico de Madrid thinking about future signings like Koke, Griezmann ...

A nonaggression pact but interchanging players at certain times between Chelsea and Atletico de Madrid is the best thing for both teams.

Regards.

Pretty disgraceful the way he was treated. Most talented fullback at the club yet never truly given a fair shot because of Jose's favourites. Any other manager would be getting crucified but our fans have morphed into Arsenal's & are bragging out the supposedly "great business".

its pretty hard to crucify a manager for having a defense which conceded the least goals and won a double with that defence. :lol:

Its a shame the lad didn't work out cause he seems like a really nice guy. But for whatever reason Mou has no faith in him it did seem at the time a strange buy. At the time Bane had made the RB his and Dave had the LB. There was only the bench for him. And at his age that just didnt make sense.

Theres no doubt he will be happy now and I wish him well.

Its just a soddin shame we couldnt put the money to good use and get Griezmann eh!

It isn't moaning if it's true. We signed Filipe instead of Shaw because apparently we were in "win now" mode, then proceed not to play him at all for an entire season & sell him the following year for a loss.

Going another season with Ivanovic untouchable & am offensively challenged RB playing LB isn't going to be fun to watch.

we are getting 15mil pounds for him.. which is 21 mil euros. i would like to think that its actually 20mil euros rounded off while converted into pounds. so basically we got a player for FREE for a year. how did you come up with "loss"

we are getting 15mil pounds for him.. which is 21 mil euros. i would like to think that its actually 20mil euros rounded off while converted into pounds. so basically we got a player for FREE for a year. how did you come up with "loss"

We lost bertrand though. Who was more than adequate starting or at least being a backup.

We lost bertrand though. Who was more than adequate starting or at least being a backup.

cant argue with that.

infact bertrand's loss was the only thing that makes me angry in this whole luis one-year fiasco. not some overwieght, over-hyped 30mil defender.

Spanish sources say 16m euros (£11m) for a 3-year deal, while Di Marzio says it's £3m/year for a 2-year loan deal with an option to buy. The exact figures are disputed but we certainly won't have made anything but a loss.

You're still trying to argue with him with logic? Have we not discovered yet that logic does not exist in the magical world of Gilvorak?

If the signing of Luis for a year meant we didn't get Shaw then we should send Luis and Jose flowers. Shaw was awful last year and was injured so much that he played 4 fewer games last season than Luis did ffs.

£30M and £100k p/w for Shaw would have been an awful choice, especially given the fact that it would have upset the squad that an unproven LB would be getting more money than some of our starters. I was all for the signing of Shaw but if it turns out that instead of him we got Luis essentially on loan for a year (no loss in transfer fees) and now Baba as 2nd choice LB (looks likely) then once again Mou has been proven right.

Spanish sources say 16m euros (£11m) for a 3-year deal, while Di Marzio says it's £6m for a 2-year loan deal with an option to buy. The exact figures are disputed but we certainly won't have made anything but a loss.

sky sports says - 15mil pounds, which makes us break even.

and i have a hard time believing di marzio cos "the option to buy" runs out after the 2 years on loan. so unless our board have forgotten how long the players' contracts run, i feel di marzio is wrong (for once).

and even if we sell him for 16mil euros. we would have made a 4mil euros "loss". or rather got a player's services for 4mil euros for an year. fair enough. i dont mind that "loss"