The Board

This.  That era was impossible to replicate unless Abramovich suddenly decide it is time open my purse and keep sending big money every season. 
Believe me or not. The board has done well preparing us for the new era. They have signed young tons of talented player kdb, Lukaku, courtois hazard, mata, Christensen, etc. They knew they can't just keep spending big every season. 
We were struggling but hey Chelsea fans want instant success. So we hire Mourinho. A sure fire manager. Lukaku, kdb, mata gone. We won two epl. But now we are back to square one with fans complaining that the board is stupid. 
A number of duds have been purchased thanks to said board. They have done a decent job with outgoings in the last few years but have been dreadful on the other side.

The sales of Salah, KDB, Mata, Luis also come down to the board giving Mou too much say in the matter, which he wasn't afforded at Utd.

I dare to think about the amount of money we have effectively thrown down the drain in the last four windows alone.

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

A number of duds have been purchased thanks to said board. They have done a decent job with outgoings in the last few years but have been dreadful on the other side.

The sales of Salah, KDB, Mata, Luis also come down to the board giving Mou too much say in the matter, which he wasn't afforded at Utd.

I dare to think about the amount of money we have effectively thrown down the drain in the last four windows alone.

But you have to support your manager. I thought that was the words that is thrown around here. 

My problem is with Drinkwater and zappacosta type signing. That is just stupid. You want to use youth and loan for this type of purpose. Those two players were signed for numbers only. 

The rest I thought was OK. I wanted Lukaku but we got Morata. That one turned to be dreadful but it made sense. Bakayoko made sense for Conte. Do I miss anybody? 

But you have to support your manager. I thought that was the words that is thrown around here. 
My problem is with Drinkwater and zappacosta type signing. That is just stupid. You want to use youth and loan for this type of purpose. Those two players were signed for numbers only. 
The rest I thought was OK. I wanted Lukaku but we got Morata. That one turned to be dreadful but it made sense. Bakayoko made sense for Conte. Do I miss anybody? 

There's been plenty of talk about managers not getting the targets they request or even second, third choices. Can't be putting the entire blame on managers for poor signings or their failings mid season.

That's almost £200m. Roman "not backing the club" isn't the issue we have right now. If Marina is solely down to transfers, she needs to part ways with that responsibility.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

There's been plenty of talk about managers not getting the targets they request or even second, third choices. Can't be putting the entire blame on managers for poor signings or their failings mid season.

That's almost £200m. Roman "not backing the club" isn't the issue we have right now. If Marina is solely down to transfers, she needs to part ways with that responsibility.

Who?

I knew about Kyle Walker. But no way we can beat city. OX choose pool. We were outbid by United for Lukaku he cost like 30m more than Morata. 

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
5 minutes ago, communicate said:
Who?
I knew about Kyle Walker. But no way we can beat city. OX choose pool. We were outbid by United for Lukaku he cost like 30m more than Morata. 

Alex Sandro was probably the biggest name linked on multiple occasions.

Nah, you will have to pay Juventus 50m at least to poach Alex Sandro. 

45 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
47 minutes ago, communicate said:
Nah, you will have to pay Juventus 50m at least to poach Alex Sandro. 

Zappacosta & DD almost cost that much. Money would have been better spent on a starter than deadwood.

But Conte wanted an rb (we tried to sign ox) and  another midfielder (after matic was sold and RLC went on loan) . It all depends on what the manager want.

We can't be like City. Oh we need improvement on our fb. Basically release all of them and just spend 130 m on fb alone. Early in Abramovich era this is what happened. 

On 2/25/2019 at 10:05 AM, Special Juan said:

If I was on the board this morning I'd drag the fucking lot of them this morning and fucking rifle the lot of these bastards.

I'd be along side ya in my gasmask with my CS and tazer at hand!

On 2/25/2019 at 1:56 AM, LAM09 said:
On 2/25/2019 at 1:54 AM, communicate said:
Who?

Alex Sandro was probably the biggest name linked on multiple occasions.

If we had bought Sandro and KK when we went in for them half heartedly who knows hoe different things might have been?

We do need to get someone in next to Rudi.

I do think Rudi has the makings of a possible captain. But at the least hes a very good CB

I know we have AC and Amps and nothing would please me more for one of them to step up.

But they just dont have that ooomph I think we need back there. We need some more bite I think.

Luiz when he gets mad loses the plot and goes into brainfart mode. We need a JT sort of anger. Disciplined rage.

I woulda loved a Rudi/KK partnership but that boats gone.

We have to find ourselves a New CB and 2 new FBs if we are serious about taking over the world.

Sporting director Luis Campos not leaving for Chelsea, assures Lille owner

He will stay at the Ligue 1 club, says Gerard Lopez

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2019/3/9/18256006/sporting-director-luis-campos-not-leaving-for-chelsea-assures-lille-owner

6 hours ago, mccg said:

Sporting director Luis Campos not leaving for Chelsea, assures Lille owner

He will stay at the Ligue 1 club, says Gerard Lopez

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2019/3/9/18256006/sporting-director-luis-campos-not-leaving-for-chelsea-assures-lille-owner

damn! he would have been great

25 minutes ago, Vesper said:

damn! he would have been great

check this interesting article about Jose time at utd. by him Why was Mourinho sacked? Luis Campos discloses the reason

https://thesportsrush.com/why-was-mourinho-sacked-luis-campos-discloses-the-reason/

MOUR TO COME 

Afew weeks ago...

Mourinho attends game as guest of Luis Campos, the Lille technical director linked with Man Utd and Chelsea

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8446656/mourinho-campos-lille-chelsea-man-utd/

3 minutes ago, mccg said:

check this interesting article about Jose time at utd. by him Why was Mourinho sacked? Luis Campos discloses the reason

https://thesportsrush.com/why-was-mourinho-sacked-luis-campos-discloses-the-reason/

he might be wrong on that one, lolol