Thoughts On The England Squad

James

One thing a football fan should always take note of is that you should never write off the English. We're strongest in the face of adversity.

Worked out well for you guys at international level in the last 45 years or so. :P

Let's face it, England are shit. It doesn't matter if the English clubs (United, Chelsea, Liverpool) have shown great spirit in Europe against some of the top teams in the continent because in addition to having some English players these teams have always relied massively on foreign talent so it's hardly the same thing as the national team.

Saying England are worse than the likes of Ecuador, Costa Rica or Honduras is just ridiculous but there are still plenty of teams better than them in the tournament so I would be surprised if England even make it to the QFs.

Saying England are worse than the likes of Ecuador, Costa Rica or Honduras is just ridiculous but there are still plenty of teams better than them in the tournament so I would be surprised if England even make it to the QFs.

I'd suprised if England made it out of the group stage. Uruguay and Italy are much better teams.

Well At Least You ENGLAND NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM SUPPORTERS OF THE - 3 LIONS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM Fans - Can Be Greatful Enough Because I Have To Support 2 Crap Countries in INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL.

MY HOME COUNTRY: SOUTH AFRICA - BAFANA BAFANA - (RSA/SA/SAF) - (AFRICA)

MY CURRENT COUNTRY: NEW ZEALAND - ALL WHITES - (NZL/NZ) - (OCEANIA)

They Are Both A Joke To INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL & WORLD CUP QUALIFICATIONS TO MAKE IT TO THE FIFA SOCCER WORLD CUP TOURNAMENTS.

Edited by KevinAshburner

TBF England have always been unlucky in the WC- from penalty shootouts to disallowed goals to unlucky sending offs- but the team spirit was never the thing of the English NT. If Roy can sort that out (which is seriously doubt), then they have a great chance of making the WC quarters at least.

In order to make an impact, he need to make bold decisions like benching Gerrard and Johnson and Lampard and giving quality time for young blood in the team.But I suppose dumping Cole was the last of his bold moves. And they are going to fail miserably this time around. The next real chance of them at the cup is going to be when Jose manage England in 10 years time :lol:

But I'm still buying that England shirt and gonna support them like I've always done. (fuck you, Nike- you are ripping me off for a plain white shirt)

well at least you ENGLAND - 3 LIONS OF UNITED KINGDOM Fans can be greatful enough because I have to support 2 crap Countries in INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL.

MY HOME COUNTRY: SOUTH AFRICA - BAFANA BAFANA

MY CURRENT COUNTRY: NEW ZEALAND - ALL WHITES

that are a joke to INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL & WORLD CUP QUALIFICATIONS TO MAKE IT TO THE FIFA SOCCER WORLD CUP TOURNAMENTS.

Tell me about it.

@didierforever ??? :P

One thing a football fan should always take note of is that you should never write off the English. We're strongest in the face of adversity.

Didn't help in the 90s and 80s when it came to cricket tbh.

Worked out well for you guys at international level in the last 45 years or so. :P

Let's face it, England are shit. It doesn't matter if the English clubs (United, Chelsea, Liverpool) have shown great spirit in Europe against some of the top teams in the continent because in addition to having some English players these teams have always relied massively on foreign talent so it's hardly the same thing as the national team.

That's exactly how I feel. We're nowhere near as bad as people think we are. I think we did relatively well in Euro 2012, and I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up progressing through our group. The expectation, for once, is so low for England that we might even be able to enjoy ourselves.

If Woy doesn't start sturridge i will have to personally fly out to Brazil to slap him.

I would hope its something like:

Hart

Johnson Cahill Jagielka Baines

Gerrard Wilshere

Sterling Rooney Lallana

Sturridge

If England can keep it tight at the back then maybe the likes of Rooney, Barkley and Sturridge can get something on the counter.

Unfortunately the skipper is a bit of a bottle job and a cunt to boot. Already thrown away the league for Liverpool so can't count on him not to slip up. ^_^

It wouldn't surprise me if Costa Rica go through. Italy play all there games in Manaus, Uruguay aren't all that beyond Suarez and Cavani and England are England.

Costa Rica have a higher chance of sneeking through than people think.

England advancing far is about the same as Mexico making it to this world cup.

Both teams are really shitty, and advancing far will just mask the fundamental problems.

Had Mexico fail to qualify for the WC, the federation would have taken drastic step to try to fix the root of the problem. Now they most likely will pamper the crack.

If England don't get out of the group stage, I expect the FA to take a bolder approach into implementing some strategy for England youth.

With England advancing far, it will be the same as Mexico, most likely pamper the cracks.