Paulinho

themightyblue

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully he's the last resort.

If it proves impossible to get anyone better then just get Paulinho on the cheap and hope playing in a much better side with much better coaching makes him the player everyone thought he was before joining Spuds.

I think that if we do get him he'll be much better than everyone thinks. The move would probably be made fun of like mad by opposition fans, but I think he'd be good next to Matic.

The only saving grace in that article is that it's from Goal.com

I think people will change their minds about him during the WC, when he playes for a real team with real tactics and a manager.

I think it's incredibly difficult to judge him on this year because Spurs have been dreadful. He's also new to the country (although he seems to speak better English than Ramires already!) and he showed some flashes of the guy Spurs thought they were getting.

I think alongside Matic he could be a good shout, if he reaches his potential. He's got a consistent touch usually and he's a proper goal threat from deep which we've lacked all season. It's a gamble but there's definitely a massive upside here.

Mourinho players are dumb? Okay.

I'd have said the archetypal Mourinho players are people like Lamps, JT and Drogba, none of whom I'd call dumb. Everyone knows Lamps is highly intelligent, whilst Drogba is certainly not 'dumb' based on what he's accomplished in his home country. Even JT has been spoken of as having a good regard for the tactical side of the game and being a possible future manager. His reading of the game is phenomenal as well.

In fact at Porto and Inter he had intelligent players that I don't think deserve to be called dumb.

Paulinho isn't technically average either, and he's shown an ability to not only make intelligent passes, but make late runs into the box a little like Lamps.

But to be fair lionsden did once say Rio Ferdinand lacked pace as a younger player. :D:D

There's only one dumb/technically poor player that regularly plays for us and that's Ramires.

Arguably Ivanovic when he's in attack, but he's a natural CB so you can't fault him too much.

I think it's incredibly difficult to judge him on this year because Spurs have been dreadful. He's also new to the country (although he seems to speak better English than Ramires already!) and he showed some flashes of the guy Spurs thought they were getting.

I think alongside Matic he could be a good shout, if he reaches his potential. He's got a consistent touch usually and he's a proper goal threat from deep which we've lacked all season. It's a gamble but there's definitely a massive upside here.

Couldn't agree more. Though I admit my assessment comes from watching him in the Confed Cup, so someone can argue that could've been a one-off and his Spurs form speaks truth to his value.

But from what I saw in the Confed Cup he's tactically sound, someone Mourinho would definitely give a run of games to. He seems like he can hold his own too, so alongside Matic in the big games we'd certainly be able to use that security he'll offer in front of the back line. Against weaker teams he'll be able to assist the attacking midfield players making those intelligent passes into spaces for the wide players to run into the channels.

I think Tottenham will really try to squeeze every million out of us. I wouldn't want to see him come for more than £20million

Paulinho would be a horrible signing, we can do so much better.

Surely that depends on the price. If Spurs are willing to cut their losses then maybe he's worth a punt.

To me he seems like a Ramires with better technique, a better eye for goal and less...impulsive (<--- code word for 'a bit thick'). Considering we could be losing Luiz, Mikel and maybe even Lamps and Rami, we're going to need midfielders.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You