Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

A bit shaky in the first half, very Cahill-esque even as he kept on backing off on several occasions. But that second half was immense.

I think it's very important that he gets a run of matches to get his form and confidence up.

I wouldnt play Zouma in away games in the Premier League already. I would play him in both cup matches but give the Swansea game to Cahill. Let Zouma play some more games at home and in the cup games. When he gets more confidence in the final third of the season maybe he can fight without any handicap.

Last game was an important step and he should start to fight for his place.

Has he had a bad game for us yet?

The moment in the second half where he picked up the ball on the edge of the box, had no pass on, so he just bombed forward with surprising speed and played the ball out wide into Hazard. Class. Very tidy little player and far more comfortable on Cahill who tends to hoof the ball upfield. I'll be surprised if Cahill isn't recalled at Swansea though.

Has he had a bad game for us yet?

Preseason aside, no. In fact, he has been outstanding whenever he has featured. The match against Newcastle was probably one of his less impressive displays and he still managed to have an excellent half.

Completely faultless against Watford and Newcastle. He has come on in leaps and bounds since some awkward performances during pre-season. Just needed a bit of time.

For now I think Gazza is still the man to start alongside JT, but Kurt provides great cover until JT when he eventually calls it quits, when I think Kurt is most certainly the man to take over his spot.

Young lad, all the attributes there as I've said before

Good

• Tank
  • Speed
  • Positioning alot better

Improvements

• Telegraph his passing less
  • Backing off (Cahill is guilty of this too, perhaps its something they are told to do than risk a foul so close?)

Most impressive about Zouma?

Attitude.

Keep it up.

Young lad, all the attributes there as I've said before

Good

• Tank
  • Speed
  • Positioning alot better

Improvements

• Telegraph his passing less
  • Backing off (Cahill is guilty of this too, perhaps its something they are told to do than risk a foul so close?)

Most impressive about Zouma?

Attitude.

Keep it up.

THIS.

<_<

it's very annoying when our CB's let the opponent run into our box freely...

And then tackle for a penalty. Tbh it may be because they don't have necessary reaction speed to recover if they get trunked. Luiz never did that, actually he was sometimes too eager to leave the line and win the ball back early, sometimes that worked against him, but on another day he was brilliant doing that. A defender of Luiz's type but with better awareness and concentration would be huge for us.

Zouma is a very proactive defender, sure he backed off a bit against Newcastle in the first half but if you noticed in the 2nd half he really went for it and won numerous of balls by just getting to the ball first or closing a man down as soon as possible.

If you think Zouma backs off any near as much as Cahill does then you're just basing that off one half of football which is ridiculous.

Yup spot on. Cahill backs off cause that's how he defends. I believe Zouma only backed off because he's probably not 100% confident yet to be aggressive in a completely new league against teams and players he doesn't know. You could already see his confidence improve in the second half. So like you said, nothing to worry about.

10933712_1024961220852931_32524854080039

Flying High Up In The Sky

:D

dude, that's crazy

half of his (huge) body is above the closest player to him who's also a bit off the pitch.

But compare him to the the guy with the back to the camera - who's standing on his feet - and Zouma is nearly all his height above the player.

That's insane

dude, that's crazy

half of his (huge) body is above the closest player to him who's also a bit off the pitch.

But compare him to the the guy with the back to the camera - who's standing on his feet - and Zouma is nearly all his height above the player.

That's insane

Quality of jump also depends on timing and if Zouma further improves his, I think no one will ever win header in duel with him.