Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

I think the aim was clear which was to win knock downs for Drogba and Schurrle, but it's a amusing because only Jose would even consider doing that! :lol:

I think that's what I really like about Jose tbh. He dares to try. Sometimes it works, like against Soton at home last season when we were losing. He put Ba on and shifted the formation to a 4-4-2 to press their CBs and they couldn't cope. Sometimes it fails like against AM when I think he put Eto'o on a bit too early or the triple sub against Newcastle at HT (can't remember when though, was it 2005?). But I can't fault him for trying. If he fails, I know he did his best and he can shrug his shoulders and say "we tried, but it didn't work".

I think that's what I really like about Jose tbh. He dares to try. Sometimes it works, like against Soton at home last season when we were losing. He put Ba on and shifted the formation to a 4-4-2 to press their CBs and they couldn't cope. Sometimes it fails like against AM when I think he put Eto'o on a bit too early or the triple sub against Newcastle at HT (can't remember when though, was it 2005?). But I can't fault him for trying. If he fails, I know he did his best and he can shrug his shoulders and say "we tried, but it didn't work".

I remember he once played JT as a striker when we needed a goal back in 2006. Can't remember if it worked, but I bet that the opposition manager had NOT seen that coming!

I remember he once played JT as a striker when we needed a goal back in 2006. Can't remember if it worked, but I bet that the opposition manager had NOT seen that coming!

Terry loves playing in the hole :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

My concern is that everyone is suddenly thinking young Zouma is the answer to our defensive prayers.

Let me tell you - he isn't - but he can't be any worse than that oxygen thief who wears the #24 shirt.

Lol, at least I know now, who is your most hated Chelsea player at the moment :lol:

My concern is that everyone is suddenly thinking young Zouma is the answer to our defensive prayers.

Let me tell you - he isn't - but he can't be any worse than that oxygen thief who wears the #24 shirt.

He should at least get a shot. Cahill is performing as bad as a cb can, Zouma should get a shot.

Tbh I don't think anyone thinks he is.

Someone posted earlier (maybe on here or Twitter), there's no guarantees that Zouma wouldn't make the same mistakes that Cahill does.. But it's likely he would probably make less of them and/or he would learn from the mistakes he does make and adapts his game.

I know he isn't the answer. However, he is a top prospect for our future and is also more than good enough to be given a shot, especially against Watford!

Wish we had bought him sooner to make him home-grown.

Lol, at least I know now, who is your most hated Chelsea player at the moment :lol:

I was just pissed off yesterday, but Cahill deserves the majority of the blame. If he had a bit more awareness about him then we'd have got into the break 2-1 down and would probably have come back and got a point. Instead he killed the game for us, so he deserves a bit of stick.

Tbh I don't think anyone thinks he is.

Someone posted earlier (maybe on here or Twitter), there's no guarantees that Zouma wouldn't make the same mistakes that Cahill does.. But it's likely he would probably make less of them and/or he would learn from the mistakes he does make and adapts his game.

Agreed, and he will make mistakes - but you expect that from a 20 year old, not from a 28 year old England international.

Agreed, and he will make mistakes - but you expect that from a 20 year old, not from a 28 year old England international.

But every CB makes mistakes and has off days. And this year we only lost twice, so in most of games, Cahill did his job.

Just take a look at Hummels or Ramos who are regarded best CBs in world ATM. But they make some weird team damaging mistakes too.

My point is that yesterday we failed as a team. Our midfield was shit. Our defense was shit. Not just Cahill, but Terry, Matic, Cesc, Iva, Courtois too. All of them. In Real Ramos makes mistake, but rest of team bounces back. Yesterday Cahill (or whoever) made mistake and defense and midifield just played even worse. They didnt put shit together and we conceded even more goals.

In moments like this we need individuals who will get us victory. But yesterday we floped as a team. Simple as that. No need to point on Cahill alone for those 5 conceded goals after leading by 1. He was bad, but that doesnt mean others can get bad too. But they played bad while they should try to do their best.

But every CB makes mistakes and has off days. And this year we only lost twice, so in most of games, Cahill did his job.

Just take a look at Hummels or Ramos who are regarded best CBs in world ATM. But they make some weird team damaging mistakes too.

My point is that yesterday we failed as a team. Our midfield was shit. Our defense was shit. Not just Cahill, but Terry, Matic, Cesc, Iva, Courtois too. All of them. In Real Ramos makes mistake, but rest of team bounces back. Yesterday Cahill (or whoever) made mistake and defense and midifield just played even worse. They didnt put shit together and we conceded even more goals.

In moments like this we need individuals who will get us victory. But yesterday we floped as a team. Simple as that. No need to point on Cahill alone for those 5 conceded goals after leading by 1. He was bad, but that doesnt mean others can get bad too. But they played bad while they should try to do their best.

But it's not a one-off. When you're having a bad game as a team and the midfield goes to shit you need your defence to bail you out. Our defence (mostly Cahill and Ivanovic) do the complete opposite.