Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

7 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

And he is much better defender compared to most CBs we have, so when we are being countered, we wouldnt look like a fucking joke every single time.

I wouldn't be opposed to him coming back next season. Even with a transfer ban, some of the squad does need freshening up and he is a proven Premier League player who could be extremely useful.

I don't know why but however I have a feeling though if we can get our ban overturned or deferred that we'll sell Zouma to fund back buying Ake. 

Really depends on what type of football we want to play. If it is possession, then I'm afraid Zouma is never going to work for us.

If a different manager goes back to a more direct style, then he can certainly do well and could even become an important player for us.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Has made big steps but think him and Rudiger are too similar to play together. Also dont think hes technically competent enough to play out like Luiz, Andreas and Rudiger. 

I guess we find out the hard way. Even with Cahill and Luiz leaving we still have a lot of CB options (Rudiger, AC, Tomori, Clarke-Salter,  Ampadu (who will be backup also for Jorginho at DH DMF) and also Azpi and Reece James being able to play at CB), but I think we still may need to recall Zouma. 

Time will soon tell.

• 1 month later...

Chelsea FC make decision about Kurt Zouma’s future – report

Chelsea FC are planning to keep Kurt Zouma this summer after his loan spell at Everton, say reports

https://www.thesportreview.com/2019/06/chelsea-fc-news-kurt-zouma/

Kurt Zouma is among the Chelsea FC players that the Blues will keep this summer if their transfer ban is upheld, according to reports in the British media.

The Daily Telegraph, as quoted by The Sun, is reporting that the west London club are preparing to hold on to the French defender following his return from his two-season loan spell at Everton.

According to the same story. the Toffees would dearly love to sign Zouma on a permanent deal this summer, but the Blues look set to hold on to the centre-half.

snip

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea FC make decision about Kurt Zouma’s future – report

Chelsea FC are planning to keep Kurt Zouma this summer after his loan spell at Everton, say reports

https://www.thesportreview.com/2019/06/chelsea-fc-news-kurt-zouma/

Kurt Zouma is among the Chelsea FC players that the Blues will keep this summer if their transfer ban is upheld, according to reports in the British media.

The Daily Telegraph, as quoted by The Sun, is reporting that the west London club are preparing to hold on to the French defender following his return from his two-season loan spell at Everton.

According to the same story. the Toffees would dearly love to sign Zouma on a permanent deal this summer, but the Blues look set to hold on to the centre-half.

snip

We need to keep him if this transfer ban sticks 

1 minute ago, the wes said:

We need to keep him if this transfer ban sticks 

the ban is pretty much a done deal, it is confirmed we did not ask for a freeze, and there is zero chance CAS wipes it, we just have to bite the bullet and deal

and yes, we so need Happy on the squad

I dont mind him staying. His developmenz has been steady. He fully recovered from that horrible injury physically. He never was meant to become a super technical defender but he is by no means a bad footballer. Playing right back at Stoke has given him a lot in terms of opening play (even though in stoke that means hoofing the ball in the air) . Also I like how we have 2 physical beasts and 2 technical cbs

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Heard his pass completion against Andorra was above 90%. 

Can anyone confirm if his distribution has improved? 

he looked oki at Everton, but deffo nowhere near a Koulibaly/Laporte/Marquinhos/José Giménez/Ibrahima Konaté etc level.

We so need to grab Konaté in summer 2020

Image result for IBRAHIMA KONATÃ

With Sarri gone, I can now see a place for him, definitely. He is a tank, we are lacking that whenever Rüdiger is not available, then it will be good to have an option to play someone completely different to our other choices. I can't see AC/Luiz being the automatic best pairing in every game, more often than not I believe Zouma will be called upon to solidify our defence. And of that he is very capable, I'm sure of that.

12 hours ago, manpe said:

With Sarri gone, I can now see a place for him, definitely. He is a tank, we are lacking that whenever Rüdiger is not available, then it will be good to have an option to play someone completely different to our other choices. I can't see AC/Luiz being the automatic best pairing in every game, more often than not I believe Zouma will be called upon to solidify our defence. And of that he is very capable, I'm sure of that.

I think he's a bit overrated personally, and it has to be noted (although not totally his fault) the business end of last season is the first time he's been a regular in a defense that's not a disastrous one.

Furthermore he can command £40m this summer potentially, it would be a bit of an economical waste to have a player who can command such a fee sitting as 4th choice which he will be with everyone else fully fit and even that's assuming Ampadu goes out on loan.