Ivan Rakitic

Rekin

There really is no space for him in either the midfield of Barcelona or Madrid.

Probably not Barca, but RM don't have a dead cert AMF ATM. Isco is in and out of the team, and Modric normally plays alongside Alonso.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not Barca, but RM don't have a dead cert AMF ATM. Isco is in and out of the team, and Modric normally plays alongside Alonso.

Right now they don't even play with an AM in their 4-3-3 formation right now. Isco has now fully established himself in the team playing in a deeper role and is seen as the future of Madrid and Spain. He is a fan favourite among the Madridistas. They don't need Rakitic at all but we do.

Right now they don't even play with an AM in their 4-3-3 formation right now. Isco has now fully established himself in the team playing in a deeper role and is seen as the future of Madrid and Spain. He is a fan favourite among the Madridistas. They don't need Rakitic at all but we do.

They don't need a lot of players, but they will get anyone if they make their squad stronger. I would prefer if we got a AM that went into double figures in terms of goals.

IMO, Hamsik would be the ideal signing had he been playing at the same level as last year. He has gone downhill this year.

Haven't seen much of him and can't even pretend to be an expert but somehow I just have a feeling he might be one of those players who shines at the World Cup, gets an inflated transfer because of that and then fails to impress at his new club.

AS one can see he is amazing from set pieces. Almost every freekick and corner finds its target. The mere thought of JT, Iva and Cahill getting at the end of those deliveries is giving me wet dreams. My concern is, that he is maybe not direct, dynamic and physical enough + he sometimes ponders too much on the ball.

That is my concern as well. Don't think he'd be able to cope with the pace of the PL. Would rather go for Kovacic.

Tbh I am a big fan of Kovacic, have been since he burst onto the scene at Dinamo Zagreb few years back but I think out of the two Rakitic is much more ready to play in the PL as he is more mature and usually makes the right decisions which sometimes Kovacic doesn't.

Kovacic is a interesting prospect but I think he needs more time to grow and mature as a player before coming to a club like Chelsea and Inter and Italy in particular is a decent place for him to progress still for another year or two. I haven't seen much of Kovacic since around January or February but I don't really bother watching Inter anymore lol.

That is my concern as well. Don't think he'd be able to cope with the pace of the PL. Would rather go for Kovacic.

Kovacic is 19 and so far has proven nothing special under Mazzarri at Inter. Any time he gets a chance to impress, he messes it up. He is obviously very talented but if he can't get into Inter's first XI regularly, there is a slim chance he would in CFC. He also strikes me as a player that would struggle a lot with the tempo and physicality of the PL (at least at this stage of his career) unlike say a van Ginkel.

Obviously some will blame Mazzarri for mismanaging the kid, afterall, he was impressive under Stamaccioni but Kovacic's poor play does not help things.

Plus what's the point of Kovacic if we have van Ginkel who is 21 and occupies the same position on the pitch? Add to the fact that Inter will not sell their young, potential superstar gem to anyone any time soon,............ I don't see that one even being an option, Skipper.

Kovacic is 19 and so far has proven nothing special under Mazzarri at Inter. Any time he gets a chance to impress, he messes it up. He is obviously very talented but if he can't get into Inter's first XI regularly, there is a slim chance he would in CFC. He also strikes me as a player that would struggle a lot with the tempo and physicality of the PL (at least at this stage of his career) unlike say a van Ginkel.

Obviously some will blame Mazzarri for mismanaging the kid, afterall, he was impressive under Stamaccioni but Kovacic's poor play does not help things.

Plus what's the point of Kovacic if we have van Ginkel who is 21 and occupies the same position on the pitch? Add to the fact that Inter will not sell their young, potential superstar gem to anyone any time soon,............ I don't see that one even being an option, Skipper.

Because Van Ginkel isn't a creative CM. They're different type of players. We're missing a creative CM in our midfield collection and Kovacic and Rakitic both come under that profile. I'm just saying I prefer Kovacic because he has a much higher ceiling.

Because Van Ginkel isn't a creative CM. They're different type of players. We're missing a creative CM in our midfield collection and Kovacic and Rakitic both come under that definition. I'm just saying I prefer Kovacic because he has a much higher ceiling.

I think it's far too soon to come to such conclusions really. I'm sure if you saw a 21 year old Lampard, you would have said the same. And van Ginkel stands out more than Lamps at that age anyway. The thing is both of these players are around the same age and will probably be competing for the same spot as Matic owns one already and the number 10 role is a non-starter with so much competition. (I know both van Ginkel and Kovacic can play there too)

Still if Inter is complacent with Kovacic and the likes of Liverpoo and Man United are still sniffing around, then we should get involved. He is an incredible talent.

I think it's far too soon to come to such conclusions really. I'm sure if you saw a 21 year old Lampard, you would have said the same. And van Ginkel stands out more than Lamps at that age anyway. The thing is both of these players are around the same age and will probably be competing for the same spot as Matic owns one already and the number 10 role is a non-starter with so much competition. (I know both van Ginkel and Kovacic can play there too)

Still if Inter is complacent with Kovacic and the likes of Liverpoo and Man United are still sniffing around, then we should get involved. He is an incredible talent.

I still wouldn't put down Lampard as a creative CM, even in his prime. He was an all round B2B player. I've seen enough of Marco at Vitesse to tell you that he's an all round B2B player too but more tenacious defensively.

I think we need a player like Kovacic or Rakitic because we lack that sort of profile in CM. A proper playmaker in midfield. He would help immensely in breaking down teams that sit deep against us. Can't say the same about Marco.

I still wouldn't put down Lampard as a creative CM, even in his prime. He was an all round B2B player. I've seen enough of Marco at Vitesse to tell you that he's an all round B2B player too but more tenacious defensively.

I think we need a player like Kovacic or Rakitic because we lack that sort of profile in CM. A proper playmaker in midfield. He would help immensely in breaking down teams that sit deep against us. Can't say the same about Marco.

That's what we all want to see and I can't remember the last time we had one. And the fullback situation resolved as well. Azpilicueta and Ivanovic are not a long term solution, regardless of how solid they are defensively. In their current positions, they offer nothing to our attack. Of course it remains to be seen if Mourinho shares our vision. You know how obsessed he is with "tenacious" players.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You