Ivan Rakitic

Rekin

Radja nainggolan is superior to Rakitic imo and he had be a better value for money. I'm surprised how little recognition he recieves. He's been one of the best midfielders in Europe this season and a great shame he was left out of the belgium world cup squad for scrubs like Felliani and Chadli

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radja nainggolan is superior to Rakitic imo and he had be a better value for money. I'm surprised how little recognition he recieves. He's been one of the best midfielders in Europe this season and a great shame he was left out of the belgium world cup squad for scrubs like Felliani and Chadli

I am surprised he didn't make the Belgium squad.

Isn't Nainggolan more in the mould of Ramires/Paulinho than Rakitic?

Isn't Nainggolan more in the mould of Ramires/Paulinho than Rakitic?

No way. He's a DLP. He reminds me of a gritty,tenacious and more defensive version of Sneijder in his prime.

He's more in the mould of a Bastian or Gundogan more than anything. either way we can't go wrong as they are both quality players.

No way. He's a DLP. He reminds me of a gritty,tenacious and more defensive version of Sneijder in his prime.

He's more in the mould of a Bastian or Gundogan more than anything. either way we can't go wrong as they are both quality players.

Not really... he is a physical presence, a hard worker but never been a DLP...

Players like Paulinho or Khedira are what Jose is looking for not players like Rakitic or Kroos.

Different players in different positions performing different roles.

Not singling you out but there seems to be a rush to assert that Mourinho likes a certain player. Usually it's people highlighting Ramires or Ivanovic and suggesting Jose likes 'technically limited' players.

The truth is Jose tends to incoroprate flair players (Hazard, Deco, Sneijder, Ozil, Ronaldo) alongside 'water carriers' to use a Gallic expression as well as those who combine the two (Modric being one of the best recent examples alongside Matic). Rakitic could be seen to be that hybrid type of player so maybe we will go in for him.

We do have a lot of young talent though in Chalobah, Van Ginkel, RLC, Baker and maybe even Pasalic so is there really a rush to buy for this role?

Different players in different positions performing different roles.

Not singling you out but there seems to be a rush to assert that Mourinho likes a certain player. Usually it's people highlighting Ramires or Ivanovic and suggesting Jose likes 'technically limited' players.

The truth is Jose tends to incoroprate flair players (Hazard, Deco, Sneijder, Ozil, Ronaldo) alongside 'water carriers' to use a Gallic expression as well as those who combine the two (Modric being one of the best recent examples alongside Matic). Rakitic could be seen to be that hybrid type of player so maybe we will go in for him.

We do have a lot of young talent though in Chalobah, Van Ginkel, RLC, Baker and maybe even Pasalic so is there really a rush to buy for this role?

I like Marco Van Hinkel very much and we can use him. But i think he is a box to box CM. I would prefer someone with playmaker qualities next to Matic who is already a holding midfielder. Someone like Modric for example.

Not really... he is a physical presence, a hard worker but never been a DLP...

He's as much a DLP as Bastian and Gundogan. If he isn't a DLP then neither are those 2 players. There's no rule that states a DLP cannot share some characteristics of DM's and B2B midfielder's.

but why chelsea should need him? He is like matic and he never played in midfield with 2 men.

I like Marco Van Hinkel very much and we can use him. But i think he is a box to box CM. I would prefer someone with playmaker qualities next to Matic who is already a holding midfielder. Someone like Modric for example.

Modric is the ideal choice but it's massively unlikely. Matic is a nailed-on starter going into next season so you're looking for the guy next to him and Rakitic is a possibility, but it looks like he could be set for Real Madrid. That's probably why we're been linked with Paulinho who is possibly a low-risk, high reward type of signing if the price is right.

The issue with spending big in that position is that there's then a financial prerogative to use that player. Personally I'd like us to give a chance to the players we've got and look at cheaper players, like Paulinho.

Not a bad shout. Fits the profile of what we need. Whether he's ready to be the number 1 midfielder at CFC alongside Matic though? I'm not very sure.

If Holland are going to get anywhere this WC though he's going to need to put in some huge performances, especially now Strootman's out.

He might not be ready to be the number 1 midfielder next to Matic, but he certainly has the potential and is the type of player we have been recruiting over the past few seasons. I think with Ramires, Luiz and if Lampard signs a new contract, there is a lot of experience who can play next to Matic while Van Ginkel and Clasie are bled in.

Be a funny looking pair of DLP's though Clasie and Matic, one is like 6"5 and the other like 5"5 hahaha

Not a bad shout. Fits the profile of what we need. Whether he's ready to be the number 1 midfielder at CFC alongside Matic though? I'm not very sure.

If Holland are going to get anywhere this WC though he's going to need to put in some huge performances, especially now Strootman's out.

Rumours of Strootman to United. If he's available then we should try. Can't discount the LvG factor though.

Rumours of Strootman to United. If he's available then we should try. Can't discount the LvG factor though.

We should've just got him last summer tbh. He'll be expensive, especially with free spending United in the market for him.

amazing vid. Why have i never heard of that player? What a sharp, combative beast he is. He next to matic and we would probably never concede again. Anyway, conceding has not been the problem. The problem is rather we need a player who can slice through the opponent's midfield from deep, multiple times per match, as this is what we need to complete our team. I have not seen enough of this guy, to say he can. Rakitic might be a bit closer.

This may make me sound like a terrible person, but signing a gay player could actually help our image.

????

what?

how can gay help to my club?

and no answer for this post

whats wrong with you guys?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You