Man City v Chelsea

Jase

I don't like him there either, but we have problems right now because of form and we should have the strongest midfield coming to the match. So I wouldn't mind seeing him there, although in general I'm always against him there...

We can disagree without people calling others' opinions ridiculous. If you you think otherwise, great for you guys, nobody is ridiculous or stupid because they disagree, so I'm actually disappointed on how you reacted on this. It's just an opinion and as bad as it is, people gave their arguments for wanting that to happen. So let's respect our differences?

Calling people stating wrong facts ridiculous, I get, but people having different opinions shouldn't fit the category...

I'm not calling anyone ridiculous as a person, just the notion that Luiz being picked over someone like Ramires being ridiculous. I still stand by that because I don't like Luiz in midfield at all. I'm not attacking anyone that wants that I just strongly disagree with it so ridiculous is the right word IMO, especially considering Luiz was really bad in midfield last time so I don't get the form argument either.

Especially against Yaya Toure and Fernandinho. I don't want to see it.

Really? There's 42 points left to play for after tonight, and City have a few games to play we've already got out of the way, i.e. Old Trafford, the Emirates, Goodison, just to name a few.

Considering how crap United have been under David Moyes, perhaps we should remove them off as a 'tough fixture' for the likes of City and Arsenal.

It's probably worth mentioning that City's next 6 league fixtures are against Norwich(A), Sunderland(H), Stoke(H), Aston Villa(H), Hull(A) and Fulham(H) before they face United and Arsenal in successive matches. Maybe things may get complicated for them once the Champions League returns but given their squad size and form now, they could well and predictably take 18 points from 18 there especially when you consider their opponents then. And things will not favour us if they KOed by Barcelona from Europe.

The best line up imho to stand a chance against city

Cech

Ivanovic Terry cahill Azpilicueta

Matic Oscar

Willian Lampard Hazard

Ba

Azpilicueta over cole as he's more competent at this point in time to deal with the threat of Navas

Matic and oscar gives us the combination of physicality, combativeness, strenght and composure which will be key to controlling the game better against them and the main reason for Oscar over Ramires (pipe dream I know)

Lampard in the hole gives us a genuine goal threat and ba's physicality and hold up play is superior to Eto'o. if Torres was fit, he would have been the preferred choice. hazard-willian on the wings is a no brainer.

What the fuck?

You think this is a game to experiment and play 2 players out of position?

Considering how crap United have been under David Moyes, perhaps we should remove them off as a 'tough fixture' for the likes of City and Arsenal.

It's probably worth mentioning that City's next 6 league fixtures are against Norwich(A), Sunderland(H), Stoke(H), Aston Villa(H), Hull(A) and Fulham(H) before they face United and Arsenal in successive matches. Maybe things may get complicated for them once the Champions League returns but given their squad size and form now, they could well and predictably take 18 points from 18 there especially when you consider their opponents then. And things will not favour us if they KOed by Barcelona from Europe.

Fucking hell! They should EASILY win all of those. :(

Right off United at your peril. City going to Old Trafford will still be a massive test for them, If United are 1st, 7th or 20th.

Right off United at your peril. City going to Old Trafford will still be a massive test for them, If United are 1st, 7th or 20th.

Understandable and still have that same thought a bit but it is slowly going away every time United lose a game and play poorly. If Fergie was still in charge, then you could say that with confidence at least but since it's Moyes...and even Ferguson's United lost to Mancini's City in 3 of last 4 games.