Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

Nah can't see him leaving, he's done well when he has played recently, and looks like a proper successor for Cole.

We would be stupid to sell or loan him.

Agree on that, but like someone said, if we keep changing managers like we change our socks our youngsters won't get a chance here.

It may be RDM, depending on how the season turns out. Which would be a good thing for our younger players.

Definitely, if RDM takes the reigns it's encouraging for all the kids, but I don't believe that'll be the case to be honest. Though, Bertrand's stuck it out this long and is reaping his rewards, slowly enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Good performance again, but I wonder, how much would you rate him in Fifa? Currently he is 69, after few good performances he deserves around 73/74?

But then again Azpilicueta is rated only at 75, is he actualy that good we are saying here? I dont realy watch Marseile, someone who does could tell how good he is?

Good performance again, but I wonder, how much would you rate him in Fifa? Currently he is 69, after few good performances he deserves around 73/74?

But then again Azpilicueta is rated only at 75, is he actualy that good we are saying here? I dont realy watch Marseile, someone who does could tell how good he is?

Who uses Fifa for scouting? You can't rate a player with one overall score. Football Manager is for that :Goober:

Who uses Fifa for scouting? You can't rate a player with one overall score. Football Manager is for that :Goober:

Not for scouting, but just wonder how got Azpi is, since the mark in fifa he got is not that big...

I would like to see him at cfc, but i realised I dont even know how good he plays, saw him

in CL only and seemed pretty good, but how about his overall, is he doing good in france?

Really do have to applaud him for sticking with Chelsea for so long. With 150+ games to his name, I'm sure there have been more than a few clubs interested in him, giving him a chance to play first team football for them. Thankfully he is being given his chances now, and I hope we don't pay big money for another left-back to replace Cole. That would be a real kick in the teeth for Bertrand.

He must be first choice left back next season or we will loose him. Deserves a chance to make the position his own.

Well we know that's not going to happen, nor should it. Ashley has at least 2 more seasons in him. The only way Bertrand is going to 'make the position his own'. Is if he takes his chances once called upon, and consistently performs at a higher level than Ashley.

Potentially losing Bertrand will be the last of our concerns, if we don't get CL football next season.

Well we know that's not going to happen, nor should it. Ashley has at least 2 more seasons in him. The only way Bertrand is going to 'make the position his own'. Is if he takes his chances once called upon, and consistently performs at a higher level than Ashley.

Potentially losing Bertrand will be the last of our concerns, if we don't get CL football next season.

Personally think we should sell Ashley this summer (or next summer), these performances as of late surely drove his price up.

Bertrand is ready to start.