Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

Picked up this stat from Twitter:

I'm speechless...!

New contract please :D

Here are some quotes from Kalou:

"I know my contract ends at the end of the season," he said.

"For me the most important thing is not to fight for a new deal, it is just to enjoy myself with the team and play the best I can and help the team win the games we have left to play.

What a man :worship:

I'll take off my Kalou-tinted glasses for a moment, even if that was true Villas-Boas was unfair but still within his rights to do so. That's one way to deal with contract rebels.

When I put them back on I'll be ranting about how this is basically a form of pre-Bosman abuse of the working rights of the footballer.

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle884216.html

I don't want to belive that this is true.

I believe it. As people are starting to point out, AVB man management skills are a bit underdeveloped. Maybe he needed to learn this lesson, one that Di Matteo probably experienced as a player. I think AVB will take this as a lesson learned. Kalou on the other hand has been a terrific servant for this club. He takes stick from CFC fans from all around the globe, but dude keeps playin & sometimes is golden. Kalou I salute you!!!

Picked up this stat from Twitter:

I'm speechless...!

It's because he usually scores the last goal in 4-0 games after coming on as a sub.

It's amazing how one tap-in screws with people's minds. The antichrist of Chelsea FC suddenly turns into an unsung hero. But I must admit, he didn't disappoint against Benfica, he played slightly above his standards. But his standard is something I don't want to see in Chelsea, or 80% of the squad for that matter.

Err hang on a minute. Fergie does the same thing with contract 'rebels', Pogba and Morrison this year alone suffered that. It's the right approach afaic, because he only wants to train those players who are committed to André's long term-plan. Kalou made it clear he was evaluating signing because he was frustrated at lack of game time, which means he wasn't fully focused in training etc.

I'll take off my Kalou-tinted glasses for a moment, even if that was true Villas-Boas was unfair but still within his rights to do so. That's one way to deal with contract rebels.

Absolutely agreed. I'm sure the same would've happened with Drogba if Torres wasn't such a liability this season.

AVB's man-management skills were woeful.

Think many have started to realize that after his sacking.

It's because he usually scores the last goal in 4-0 games after coming on as a sub.

It's amazing how one tap-in screws with people's minds. The antichrist of Chelsea FC suddenly turns into an unsung hero. But I must admit, he didn't disappoint against Benfica, he played slightly above his standards. But his standard is something I don't want to see in Chelsea, or 80% of the squad for that matter.

True, not denying but let's not forget he has also scored many important goals for us such as equalizers, first goal of the game or the second or third goal in game to put us in a more comfortable position. Credit where it is due regardless of whether he's average or not.

Err hang on a minute. Fergie does the same thing with contract 'rebels', Pogba and Morrison this year alone suffered that. It's the right approach afaic, because he only wants to train those players who are committed to André's long term-plan. Kalou made it clear he was evaluating signing because he was frustrated at lack of game time, which means he wasn't fully focused in training etc.

If AVB is gonna do that, then why didn't he discuss with Kalou last summer to see whether he is committed to the plan? Why do it during the season and put him into exile when Kalou refuses to do so?! It ended up only disrupt the team harmony and create a frosty relationship between AVB himself and the players.

AVB's man-management skills were woeful.

Yeah he screw that up.

Oh well at the moment I am happy with RDM.

Hope he continues doing good, so the club give him a try.

And hey, if after one season he turns out to be mediocre we will still have a descent squad! :blue scalf:

Kalou is a very debatable player, as you know, but you can't deny that he has played a very important role in the last few years. IMO he's of those players who never really get credit for what they do, even if he played good, people will keep telling how bad he actually was.

SALOMON KALOU was warned by Andre Villas-Boas that he would not play for Chelsea again unless he signed a new deal.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4226222/Salomon-Kalou-says-Andre-Villas-Boas-ditched-him-because-he-didnt-sign-new-Chelsea-deal.html

SALOMON KALOU was warned by Andre Villas-Boas that he would not play for Chelsea again unless he signed a new deal.

http://www.thesun.co...elsea-deal.html

It was on mirrorfootball yesterday. It's either bollocks or Sala is even more of a gentleman than I believe him to be.

Come on mate, don't be so sour. If even I can congratulate him on a good game then so can you :D He played well (for once) and took his goal well.