Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

Yeah he screw that up.

Oh well at the moment I am happy with RDM.

Hope he continues doing good, so the club give him a try.

And hey, if after one season he turns out to be mediocre we will still have a descent squad! :blue scalf:

sorry the word you want is "decent" ...although descent means going down ,,,who knows which you meant?

Come on mate, don't be so sour. If even I can congratulate him on a good game then so can you :D He played well (for once) and took his goal well.

I did give him credit by saying "he didn't disappoint".

It's because he usually scores the last goal in 4-0 games after coming on as a sub.

It's amazing how one tap-in screws with people's minds. The antichrist of Chelsea FC suddenly turns into an unsung hero. But I must admit, he didn't disappoint against Benfica, he played slightly above his standards. But his standard is something I don't want to see in Chelsea, or 80% of the squad for that matter.

That wasn't a simple tap in tbf, he had to slide in to get to the ball and there's no telling where the ball will go if you approach it like that. And a goal is a goal, whether you score it when you're 31-0 up (thanks, Archie Thompson :lol:) or drawing 0-0 in the 120th minute of the World Cup Final.

I didn't get to see the game, but Steve Bruce said Ryan was solid and always looking to get forward and ping crosses in, was he right?

Yup. He did very well in his PL start. On today's evidence, he certainly put in better crosses than Cole!

And speaking of crosses, not sure if anyone notices this but Cole seem to specialize in drilling low crosses into the penalty box but with Bertrand, he can put in high accurate crosses into the box. Can we mould them together or something?!

He has deserved more than the amount of appearances he's got this season. He's clearly a very capable young player, played well AGAIN tonight. Cole is getting old, and while he has improved recently he still needs rests every now and again, and hopefully next season well see Bertrand starting to start most games with Cole filling out when we need experience, as we can't keep relying on Cole, quite simply.

He has deserved more than the amount of appearances he's got this season. He's clearly a very capable young player, played well AGAIN tonight. Cole is getting old, and while he has improved recently he still needs rests every now and again, and hopefully next season well see Bertrand starting to start most games with Cole filling out when we need experience, as we can't keep relying on Cole, quite simply.

We can't keep playing cole constantly till he gets to like 33 either. Because Bertrand i think will be like 25 by then... and it's best to start giving him games now. Infact it's kind of his last chance where he's in his remaining potential years (well so scientists say), i mean you could say that to Scott Parker, he would just laugh in your face.

I wouldn't go that far...performed well today, though.

I wouldn't go that far...performed well today, though.

Why not? He is of the same build, pace and technical ability. Never gives up on the chase like Cole and I'm sure if he could be bothered he could bed Cheryl easy tbh. He is a younger, fitter model of her ex! =)

The only minor fault that he had was that he didn't close down Diame good enough and get him space to score with his left foot.

How is that his fault? Diame already drifted into the CB/RB/CDM position. You don't expect Bertrand to track him so far off, goes out of position and left it expose!

The only minor fault that he had was that he didn't close down Diame good enough and get him space to score with his left foot.

Naah. Won't say that was his fault. He played good defence ans was right on him and forced him into 2 other Chelsea players. Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat and say good fucking goal.