Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU
Followers 1

He was also great last night and it was a brilliant decision by Robbie to stop Robben.

Well done lad!

Ryan Bertrand:

CL games played: 1

CL trophies: 1

:ph34r:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2/3rds of our trio behind the striker in the 2012 final.

pathetic fans over here, I alway said he is the best english lb after Ashley... he is a superb player, fast as a thunderbolt, superb technique (you could see it when he was loand to championship and s

He's still needed here. all we have to do is switch azpi back to his natural position and let him be back up to filipe. The funny thing is that what he's doing this season at Southampton, He was also

Posted Images

I thought he did well yesterday. This was highlighted when Malouda came on and Lahm started to be able to join the attacks. But he is no attacker, I don't see him playing on the wing anytime soon.

Was shocked beyond belief when i saw him starting but these occasions will just make him grow so much as a player.

Well played to Bertrand last night. Did what was asked from him and never look overawed by the occassion. We definitely have a good replacement for Cole here and hopefully, he gets more chance to impress next season.

The balls of Di Matteo. To put the under-study left-back who most of us thought would never even see the light of breaking through, who seemed like he was destined to rot on our bench hampering his career day after day, to put him on the pitch. Outstanding.

And didn't he handle it so well? No nerves displayed, confident, solid, reliable. It wasn't a "world class" performance, but he did the job necessary in keeping that left-hand side as compact as possible.

His career just received a much deserved boost. Bright things for this lad, and I hope we see him get an England call-up in 2014.

• Like 2

History maker, only player to make his European debut in the final and win it!

And they say we don't have history. :Goober:

• Like 1

Great performance by the lad. His first UCL match and he wins the bloody thing, how lucky. Did a great job on the right when needed, helped contain the threat of Lahm.

This was a big decision by the manager and it was a right one, he will never forget this

Remember the debate before the United match about whether Ryan should be thrown in against an in form United side.

Well i guess he has just answered the question in the last couple of months.

anyone see the soccernet article rating our players, thought this was the most ridiculous comment ever: "Given a chance to make his Champions League debut in the final, the occasion proved a little too big for 22-year-old Bertrand". What utter rubbish. He was brilliant and performed his role perfectly.

• Like 1

Remember the debate before the United match about whether Ryan should be thrown in against an in form United side.

Well i guess he has just answered the question in the last couple of months.

Had AVB still been here, Bertrand would have been rotting in the reserves. He will either be flogging Cole to death or even play Bosingwa at LB if needed!

• Like 1

Yes, great possible deputy/replacement for ash, but let's not get carried away. He had a decent game in the final... not "amazing" in a position which he shouldn't be played in unless it's a total emergency situation (which it was). I really doubt he could have put in a performance that ash did if ryan had started at left back in the game. But hey... this kid can only get better.

• 1 month later...

He's been waiting for so long to prove himself, now he starts (and wins) a CL final AND plays in the Olympic team. Fully deserved, and hopefully, his story gives some hope to some of our other youngsters.

Bertrand > Gibbs. Let's hope he's first choice for Team GB as well.

Pleased for the lad but our pre-season squad seems to be getting thinner as each week passes!

Id rather that happens this season than next as we might be in with a title shout the season after the one coming up.