• Ramires
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Eto'o
    • Matic (sub)
    • Lampard (sub)
    • Ba (sub)

"This is not Premier League, this is not the best league in the world. This is football from the 19th century," Mourinho told reporters.

"It's very difficult to play a football match when only one team wants to play. A football match is about two teams playing.

"I told Big Sam, they need points. To come here the way they did, is that acceptable? Maybe it is, they need points."

Mourinho insisted there was little more his side could do to break down West Ham, who came away from Stamford Bridge with a point for only the second time since September 2002.

He joked: "The only thing I could bring more was Black & Decker - a Black & Decker to destroy the [West Ham] wall."

Coming from jose of all people. The irony

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck me that was painful.

Was so predictable. Dominated the home game as we have many others but simply couldn't score for shit. Except we've generally been able to get at least 2 or 3 which is enough for us to win. Not tonight. Far too many poor efforts on goal, did we even hit double digits on target?

Can't blame West Ham for their tactical approach, it may serve them wonders in the long term. Just a highly frustrating night allround for us.

Hazard was exceptional, bar his end product which was off colour.

Disappointed with Jose for his post match reaction. Even more disappointed by Eto'o's attempts at conning the ref, really don't think I would like the guy if he played elsewhere.

Still think we're in the title race but a loss on Monday and we may have to start looking over our shoulder cos Liverpool could be just a point off us.

Better luck next time Blues.

Its not Whu, its our problem. We didnt created anything serious. Fighting spirit isnt always enough.

But I feel it was just a day off. Nothing went through, they were top in defence etc. Another day we would score 5 goals out of those 38 shots.

Last 2 games we made 58 shots, 14 on target, scored 1 goal. Out of those shots 24% were on target, and out of those on target only 7% was converted. To top it off, that one goal was a free-kick. Pretty much tells the whole story.

There cant be comparisons to West Ham tonight to us at OT and The Emirates ? jesus christ.

For a start when we went there the home teams were just as cautious as we were, something the media, oppo supporters and bizzarely a section off our own support tend to overlook. We weren't cautious tonight also we had chance after chance shot every 2 and a bit minutes on average.
I don't blame gum chewer for his approach but if you think we went that defensive then watch all 3 games back.

Coming from jose of all people. The irony

but he also said if he became sam, he maybe do the same thing. so its not like he disagree with sam's approach. westham in relegation zone, and they need points, jose understand that

Think this is just one of those games. Manic pressing and ball recovery won't work against a ball hoofing team like West Ham. Automatically had a lot of the ball but couldn't do anything with it.

Re: Ivanovic at LB. did not get that move. He's bad enough at Right Back

Re: Ramires. Had a stinker but in counter attacking games like vs City he'll be a lot better

Just felt kinda sick everytime somebody started going for a long shot especially mikel and matic!!

ramires had a night to forget...what was he thinking everytime he wanted to cross?!!

just angry that an a$$hole like sam took 2 points off us...

maybe serves as an extra boost to mancity match!!

Didn't see the match but i don't understand why Jose chose this line-up for this match.

A back 4 and pivot much less able with the ball than the line-up against Stoke.

I was surprised when Lampard didn't start as West Ham are not really a quick counter-attack team with quick passes on the ground.

The match stats remind me of the game where we lost 1-0 to Birmingham away under Carlo. But the main difference is Birmingham got ridiculously lucky while West Ham defended well and probably deserved the point.

7c79f38287171bff7860c7cdf0fb48a8.png

39 shots on goal today and didn't look like we're ever gonna score.

3 shots from Eto'o vs united and we win 3-1.

thats football, can't believe people are questioning Jose's selection/subs. we played fantastically well today, the tempo was insane from minute 1. we need a striker who can finish and dribbile so he can create for himself, our midfield cant save us every game.

One of those games. We created enough to score but it simply wasn't our night.

Thought Jose made an error going with Ramires and Mikel in the middle and took to long to make the change but we're missing a quality striker still, so you're going to have games like this. The whole tempo seemed to change with Lamps and Matic coming on though so it's frustrating to think 'what if?'.

Can't blame West Ham for playing the way they did because they're fighting for survival, but I get why Jose said what he did. He's building something here but we always knew it was going to be something of a transitional season, yet we're still very much in the title race. I'm sure there's a few of the usual suspects who will take this opportunity to moan about the shit they always do, but on another night we win that by 3 goals.

We of all clubs should not complain about West Ham's tactics. Their discipline and defending was worthy of the 1 point that they earned. We gave everything but they defended their socks off and that for me can not really be a negative sign.

It is frustrating but there is nothing that we can do. We played well and tried our best,unfortunately we could not get a goal but the failure of not winning does not mean that we are out of the title race. Its clear now that Jose does not need to play Mikel against teams like West Ham because their approach is to defend.

Next match against City will be really tough but it'll be an open game and will be an entertaining one. City are in tremendous form but we may have a chance because a few of our players are in great form too. I guess Monday will be all about how we approach the game.If Jose wants to play for a draw then like how West Ham did against us,we will prevail but if the aim is 3 points then its going to be one hell of a game.

So yeah lets not lose hope or feel too pessimistic about our chances for the title just because we failed to get 3 points. Similar things will definitely happen to City and hopefully we'll capitalise then.

Funny to read Jose´s snivels today. West Ham did not come to play football. They came to park the buses & done it well.

I just wonder what Jose will play on Monday. lol.

Chelsea still have nobody to score. Iva should never be allowed to kick the ball on the net, never !

Ramires can not score even if his life depends on it.

Eto´o & his goal..it was hilarious, comical.

William I am not sure if he had one shot on the net.

Oscar fucked up.

Hazard no power behind his shots.

Finally, Frank just did not have it last night.

Overall, a total fuck up, two important points lost.

I guess we should not be too mad today when we read Jose´s statements for weeks. Citeh will win the PL, TALK TO ME ABOUT CHELSEA NEXT YEAR.

If Chelsea gets creamed on Monday & I am not very far off they will, the PL title is over for Chelsea.

Far too much dithering on the ball in this match, or at least for the first hour or so. We should've have played quicker and more direct on the occasions when they came out of their foxhole. The ridiculous shots from distance got to be infuriating after a while. Also, our insistence on crossing early on was an exercise in futility. Eto is poor in the air, and it's nigh on impossible to get one of your attackers on the end of a cross when you are completely outnumbered in the box.

This was reminiscent of a match a few seasons ago at St. Andrews. We had 20 or 30 shots to their one. However, we lost that one 1-0 to a Lee Bowyer strike. Lee. Fucking. Bowyer. Goes to show things could always be worse I suppose.

Wow talk about overreacting <_< Some people need to calm down, it's not like we got humiliated 0-6 by West Ham...

So what, even if we lost the title, which we didn't...I don't care that much about the title as much as I care about our players and squad harmony, and that, is improving every week. For me, time has passed since all we wanted to win was a title. It is time to act as a true world class club and instead of working only for titles, work for the club which will make titles come naturally. This was a good game to show Mourinho our 3 biggest weaknesses, and those our weak finishing and weak finishing and weak finishing. Eto'o who is passed it, Ba who isn't world class and Torres who once was world class. Yeah sure, they can give good games from time to time, but you must notice what I wrote "from time to time". That ain't enough. With our ambition, we need someone to kick ass and chew bubblegum week and week out and look cool while doing it B)

Our fullbacks? Another thing that caught my eye. Why not put Azpi on the right side and actually let the lad send in a few crosses? No, instead we put the lad on the left to complicate his life, and put Ivanovic on the right, which even I will confess, he sucks at crossing.

I agree on Ramires and Mikel, they've been awful last night in terms of ball distribution which is absolutely essential when teams dig in like West Ham did. My god, I almost got sick with their passing. This was an ideal game for Matic and Lamps to start, but alright, we have City to play and hopefully we can at least get a draw there. I'm pretty sure Mou was trying something before the game against City, resting a few players while expecting pretty much any of our lineups to beat West Ham...