Nemanja Matic

.Cee

LOL, he goes out the team and we have looked as worse if not more worse defensively than any other game. Proves Matic is not the problem but the whole team's system from back to front is awful. Matic would be excellent in a team with identity. We don't have one when we play and that is the problem.

Of course he's not the only nor the biggest problem. That said, Mikel in the past couple of games put in much better performance than anything Matic has shown this season, despite being a more limited and much less dynamic player.

Of course he's not the only nor the biggest problem. That said, Mikel in the past couple of games put in much better performance than anything Matic has shown this season, despite being a more limited and much less dynamic player.

don't really know what you see that Mikel did that was so good. Yes, a few interceptions and tackles, but really that's the bare minimum DMs do... His positioning in the first goal was suspect as he was positioned as a defender instead of challenging in front of the box. Of course Ramires defending was nothing short of ridiculous though.

Best DM on the pitch today was Lucas. He is a lot better than mikel IMO with a much wider range of passing and more dynamic even though also on the slow side. BTW, I also dislike Lucas and wouldn't want him at Chelsea, but he is better than Mikel and plays in a very similar role.

But I digress. My point really is that with Matic (esp instead of Mikel) we'd be more likely to score a goal. A second goal might have killed the game, or should I say Mourinho might have been able to kill it - perhaps with Mikel coming on.

don't really know what you see that Mikel did that was so good. Yes, a few interceptions and tackles, but really that's the bare minimum DMs do... His positioning in the first goal was suspect as he was positioned as a defender instead of challenging in front of the box. Of course Ramires defending was nothing short of ridiculous though.

Best DM on the pitch today was Lucas. He is a lot better than mikel IMO with a much wider range of passing and more dynamic even though also on the slow side. BTW, I also dislike Lucas and wouldn't want him at Chelsea, but he is better than Mikel and plays in a very similar role.

But I digress. My point really is that with Matic (esp instead of Mikel) we'd be more likely to score a goal. A second goal might have killed the game, or should I say Mourinho might have been able to kill it - perhaps with Mikel coming on.

I've long given up debating Mikel with you as we both no one will change the opinion of the other. Regardless, at the bare minimum Mikel did not let players just walk past him nor did he give the ball away more often than not which is an improvement on Matic this season.

PS: For the goal, his positioning was correct because he was in JT's place who was out of position covering for Oscar who had left Azpi isolated against two.

I've long given up debating Mikel with you as we both no one will change the opinion of the other. Regardless, at the bare minimum Mikel did not let players just walk past him nor did he give the ball away more often than not which is an improvement on Matic this season.

PS: For the goal, his positioning was correct because he was in JT's place who was out of position covering for Oscar who had left Azpi isolated against two.

fair enough - we just value different things in a DM/CM - though again Lucas is very similar in terms of characteristics.

Disagree on the positioning, I did see that Aspi was wide, but Mikel was marking nobody in a situation position marking wasn't necessary.

Doesn't matter because Ramires challenge was very poor which allowed a free shot from Coutinho - ramires marked the ball and not the player.

BTW, reckon Matic had indeed poor games, but also good games too. He was the only good player against City for me for example. So, I wouldn't say he's been as bad as it's been said.

fair enough - we just value different things in a DM/CM - though again Lucas is very similar in terms of characteristics.

Disagree on the positioning, I did see that Aspi was wide, but Mikel was marking nobody in a situation position marking wasn't necessary.

Doesn't matter because Ramires challenge was very poor which allowed a free shot from Coutinho - ramires marked the ball and not the player.

Absolutely. Lucas at his best is MILES better than both Mikel and Matic for me.

On the positioning, he can't have just left that space there even with no one there as it would have been very easy for Milner or even Coutinho himself to run into it had he not stepped in. But yes, I agree that obviously Ramires was the biggest culprit.

On the positioning, he can't have just left that space there even with no one there as it would have been very easy for Milner or even Coutinho himself to run into it had he not stepped in. But yes, I agree that obviously Ramires was the biggest culprit.

Today yes, Lucas is better, but normally Matic has a more attacking side to his game that I think is more important in the modern game.

heh you did not see Lucas at 22 - he played for Gremio and Ironically was a B2B of the highest caliber - used to score often too. A Pogba with less technique, but more movement and intensity.

That's why it's so difficult to predict development of players. Perhaps Pogba is playing at his best right now and then change completely or not at all.

Nothing mikel has produced is as good as matic vs kiev. However I would play both

When I see Matic (and other players in our squad) and his performance this season I can only remember Tommy Lee Jones in Men in Black and his secret trick to delete the memory of the people...

Neuralizer1.jpg

Come on! Matic was the best defensive midfielder in the world last season. How can a player have a big change from one season to another?

We have to find some way to recover this guy.

No. Matic is better than both at his best. To even say Lucas is better than Matic is an insult. This is a player Liverpool came close to shipping to Besiktas and Liverpool fans think he is average himself. Matic is a quality DM, just having a difficult season like the rest of the team but on his day he is easily the best DM in the league for me. Lucas is no way near Matic level.

To think just over a year ago he dominated every single midfielder in BPL including that legendary victory at City in 13-14 which he bossed Yaya. Got a feeling his best is some how already passed and he will develop into a high class Mikel from here on, I think we need to think about a replacement this summer with someone like Kchonyak(spelling that Sevilla Polish mid) to replace him.

I think he can still carry on at the club at least until summer 17.

IF there is any truth about secret player, it could be him. All the shit that Mou gave him with those subs and not playing him etc while Cesc and Iva kept playing could be enough to get angry.

Those fouls he makes might be quite intentional to get sent off but who knows.