Nemanja Matic

.Cee

And yes, Oscar would not get into Liverpool's team. Whose place would he take? Not Sturrdige. Not Sterling. Not Balotelli. Whose place would he take?

He would take Joe Allen's spot on the left of their diamond or midfield 3. Every. Single. Day. Of. The. Week.

But yes, Oscar would not take over Henderson, Sterling or Sturridge. Fact.

Well Sterling is a more advanced midfielder, Henderson would play next to him (with slippy Gerrard in there) and Sturridge is a striker.

He also wouldn't take Moreno's spot or Mignolet's spot. He'd give Gerrard the help he needs defensively without being as one-dimensional as Leiva, and support the attack without being as useless defensively as Coutinho.

Essentially he's a link man like Modric, a better Joe Allen.

He would take Joe Allen's spot on the left of their diamond or midfield 3. Every. Single. Day. Of. The. Week.

Well Sterling is a more advanced midfielder, Henderson would play next to him (with slippy Gerrard in there) and Sturridge is a striker.

He also wouldn't take Moreno's spot or Mignolet's spot. He'd give Gerrard the help he needs defensively without being as one-dimensional as Leiva, and support the attack without being as useless defensively as Coutinho.

Essentially he's a link man like Modric, a better Joe Allen.

Totally agree, Oscar > Joe Allen any day of the week

Whenever people talk about Joe Allen, the first Chelsea name that comes to mind is Ryan Bertrand... as in he's not brilliant but as a squad player, he'll do his job, he'll generally give you a 7/10 performance and he won't complain

I kind of wonder if Matic signed up to be a dm or if he envisioned himself as the deep lying playmaker for Chelsea

I think he doesn't mind playing both positions. but I personally think Nemanja is limited when it comes to playing passes that break through a line.

Back in his early Chelsea Days I remember watching regularly the Reserves, with Matic, Borini, Gael Kakutta and so on. When I saw him the first few Times I was astonished and I wondered how a limited Player like Ballack plays Week in Week out and someone like Matic, who pulls Hoddel-esque Passes and breaks through Midfield Lines with occasional Powerdribbles wastes his Time with the 2nd Team.

However, I was sure that he'll be Chelseas Future and thought to myself that at our Club they know what they are doing - until suddenly they loaned him out to Vitesse.

At around that Time a Chelsea Representative (cant remember his Name) was Guest on eurosport.co.uk, where People could ask him Questions about the Club and Football in general. So i joined and asked him how Chelsea could loan out/sell a potential Football Genius like Matic.

His reply (Quote on Quote): "I never heard such a Question before". ... and my Reaction was like .. WTF?

However, today I'm happy that Jose is back as Manager and I'm happy (but not wondering) that he brought back Matic - and he knows what he is doing.

Not everyone can have an Eye for Talent.

Back in his early Chelsea Days I remember watching regularly the Reserves, with Matic, Borini, Gael Kakutta and so on. When I saw him the first few Times I was astonished and I wondered how a limited Player like Ballack plays Week in Week out and someone like Matic, who pulls Hoddel-esque Passes and breaks through Midfield Lines with occasional Powerdribbles wastes his Time with the 2nd Team.

However, I was sure that he'll be Chelseas Future and thought to myself that at our Club they know what they are doing - until suddenly they loaned him out to Vitesse.

At around that Time a Chelsea Representative (cant remember his Name) was Guest on eurosport.co.uk, where People could ask him Questions about the Club and Football in general. So i joined and asked him how Chelsea could loan out/sell a potential Football Genius like Matic.

His reply (Quote on Quote): "I never heard such a Question before". ... and my Reaction was like .. WTF?

However, today I'm happy that Jose is back as Manager and I'm happy (but not wondering) that he brought back Matic - and he knows what he is doing.

Not everyone can have an Eye for Talent.

Interesting post, but completely disagree with anyone who calls Ballack, a complete midfielder, limited. What exactly was he limited in?

Interesting post, but completely disagree with anyone who calls Ballack, a complete midfielder, limited. What exactly was he limited in?

Ballack wasn't a world beater in the middle for us. He had his fare share of good games for us, But towards the end let games pass him by and was ineffective in the middle.

I'm enough of Oscar topic, nice to see Oscar thread down there, as I stay away from that, so I went to Matic thread only to found out another Oscar thread in disguise. Great how lucky I am.

Oscar's threads are everywhere here these days. Even when you don't mention him at all in your posts someone quotes you saying the love for him is too much around here these days. It's something like an obsession - or a plague. I can't decide.

I have to ask the same Question. Why do you think he was complete?

When Matic came here I couldn't resist and write an article for the site I work for on how he was going to fix a problem we had since Ballack left.

Ballack didn't come here on his very best form and still he played a huge role for us in the midfield and from the moment he left until Matic came back last season, the void left by Michael had never been filled. He left a hole that has now been addressed and covered.

I won't discuss if he was complete or not, but he bossed our midfield, that's all that matters.

I have to ask the same Question. Why do you think he was complete?

Don't think it works that way, mate :lol:

If you think he's limited, then it's up to you to say in what area he is limited. You can't expect @The Skipper to cover every single area of his game!

Don't think it works that way, mate :lol:

If you think he's limited, then it's up to you to say in what area he is limited. You can't expect @The Skipper to cover every single area of his game!

I tried but forgot a lot of the other things he could do