Nemanja Matic

.Cee

But towards the end let games pass him by and was ineffective in the middle.

I thought 09-10 was his best season for us and one of the problems we faced in the clusterfuck that was 10-11 was not adequately replacing him. Just my opinion, of course.

I have to ask the same Question. Why do you think he was complete?

watch the 2009-10 season, and then watch the 2010-11 season. you will know the difference that ballack made. he was one of THE most COMPLETE midfielders of the game. calling him limited is like calling bastian limited (just for the sake of analogy).

What's really great for Matic is the fact that Serbia weren't playing in Brazil meaning both Nemanja and Ivanovic had a full refreshing rest and they are 120% ready for this season as their performances show in the last couple of games.

I'm really happy to see Matic doing well, he's such a great lad!

Most complete midfielder in the world at the moment?

What's really great for Matic is the fact that Serbia weren't playing in Brazil meaning both Nemanja and Ivanovic had a full refreshing rest and they are 120% ready for this season as their performances show in the last couple of games.

Vidal is the most complete. Or Yaya.

Not trying to bash Matic or anything, especially since he's one of my favourite players, but he has had better performances last season than he has in this one so far. I expect him to pick it up soon enough though, he's one of the best in the league when he's on his top form.

Think you're all underrating Rakitic. imo him and Schweinsteiger are EASILY the most complete midfielders in the world

2 footed, great shot, great passing, great free kick, good heading and pace, strong etc etc

Rakitic is a CAM not a CM.

Haha mate, its basically all the same, hate organizing positions like CM and CAM

he's also been playing deeper for Barca lately

But he's not like a Pogba, Vidal, Marchisio, Toure, Schweinsteiger, etc. He's mostly a creative player. I think when people say best all around it has to be a box to box midfielder.

Think you're all underrating Rakitic. imo him and Schweinsteiger are EASILY the most complete midfielders in the world

2 footed, great shot, great passing, great free kick, good heading and pace, strong etc etc

Rakitic doesn't have the athleticism of let's say a Matic, Yaya or Vidal. Technically he's complete but physically the others are far ahead, hence why I don't think you can even call him a complete midfielder. Good player though.

But he's not like a Pogba, Vidal, Marchisio, Toure, Schweinsteiger, etc. He's mostly a creative player. I think when people say best all around it has to be a box to box midfielder.

Rakitic doesn't have the athleticism of let's say a Matic, Yaya or Vidal. Technically he's complete but physically the others are far ahead, hence why I don't think you can even call him a complete midfielder. Good player though.

Huh? Rakitic under Luis Enrique has been a B2B mid. He's been absolutely everywhere over the last few games, his pressing and his defensive work rate has been immense. Fair enough he's no Ramires but still

Iniesta, Matic, Neymar and Messi are the sides main creators, and Rakitic and Messi have been doing a lot of defensive work so far this season