Nemanja Matic

.Cee

with him not playing, I'm not looking forward to CL games :(

while not even close, the one thing that comforts me about UCL games is that Mourinho is very likely to use Luiz in the position, which already improves significantly any combination between Ramires, Lamps and Mikel.

We'll still miss his impact, but I think to a lesser extend if Luiz is fit.

I don't expect us to last much longer in CL so it won't matter... but a matic-luiz combination would've taken us at least to the semi final, even with the clowns we've now as strikers :wank2: ... can't wait for next season

His creativity and passing is criminally under-rated.

???

What are you talking about?

Well, it seems I'm alone here. Don't get me wrong here, but I do believe that Mikel years affected many people. I think Matic is a good player, but not as good as some people here make him look. I usually find here things like "Matic is having a godlike performance" after a decent match, now some people believe we are hopeless when he doesn't play, and if we win the title its "quite largely down to Matic", he is "Jesus"...

After reading those comments after he joined, I wont be surprised if he gets the Player of The Year, or if he manage to win the Fifa Ballo D'or at the end of the year.

My theory is that fans usually fell in love with new players that came to fit a weak link, and as a result they end up thinking those players are better than they really are, because the standards are low. Just take Juan Mata as an example. During his first season, 11/12, he was really inconsistent, as the rest of Villas Boas team, but many people thought he was really great. I remember '12 Fa Cup final, when Mata barely touched the ball, but bizarrely was named the man of the match...well, he arrived when the team was getting really old and lacked creativity, so its not difficult to know the reason why some people thought he was superb.

For many years we had Mikel as our DM, just remember that after some games, we had many people saying Romeu was the new Makelele. Matic had one GREAT game, and thats was against City, after that he never came close to reproduce the same kind of performance, but for now I will stay quite, time (results) will change some people's mind (including mine).

If we get Vidal/Pogba type of player next to Matic, then Hazard, Oscar and Willian could concentrate more on offensive play. If we get someone ala Gundogan/Kroos/Koke/Pjanic then we will have creativity from midfield, but our attackers will still have to work hard in defense. Its up to Mou do decide what he prefers more.