• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have already told TOPTB why I think so. Yes, city could win all their remaining matches But tge simple fact is that they won't. Compare city's remaining 12 fixtures and our remainung 9 fixtures, city WILL drop a lot of points.

You dont know that!

Yes, it is extremely likely they will drop points, but this is not how things work. You simply cant say the title is ours to lose when we dont even hold the chances in our own hands. Fuck, we can beat everyone and still not win the title...

You can try to make the case we are favourites, that's fine (I would still disagree, but then it's only my opinion). However, saying the title is ours to lose is just not true. There is no opinions involved, just basic math!

Sorry, but mathematically speaking, you trying to convince us the title is ours to lose is just like you are trying to convince us 2 + 2 = 5! :lol:

You dont know that!

Yes, it is extremely likely they will drop points, but this is not how things work. You simply cant say the title is ours to lose when we dont even hold the chances in our own hands. Fuck, we can beat everyone and still not win the title...

You can try to make the case we are favourites, that's fine (I would still disagree, but then it's only my opinion). However, saying the title is ours to lose is just not true. There is no opinions involved, just basic math!

Sorry, but mathematically speaking, you trying to convince us the title is ours to lose is just like you are trying to convince us 2 + 2 = 5! :lol:

so u mean to say, that after 20 matches if arsenal was top of the table with a 4 point cushion then the LEAGUE IS THEIRS TO LOSE cos we simply cant take into account the fixtures, the fixture pile-up, the pressure of the title etc etc. cos they might simply win all their matches and give no one a chance. :D:D:D

the point is football is NOT MATHS. player down, down on aggregate, with no CBs, losing 2-0 at the best team in the world's home will almost always equate to a DRUBBING of the losing team in an idealistic 2+2=4 world, but that is not how football works. mathematically, even united can win the league but unfortunately none of us consider that, do we?

also, i am not trying to convince any1 here. i gave my opinion and was quoted by people saying almost the same thing, and hence i replied back giving my point of view.

I have already told TOPTB why I think so. Yes, city could win all their remaining matches But tge simple fact is that they won't. Compare city's remaining 12 fixtures and our remainung 9 fixtures, city WILL drop a lot of points.

That's not a fact. City are the strongest team in the league and you'd back them to win each game, but football isn't like that. It took a calamitous error from Vertonghen for us to get a breakthrough yesterday and if that happened then the game might've not gone our way.

People are talking about City like they are unbeatable. Lets not forget they just beat stoke at home a few weeks ago and lost quite a few points away. They will be destroyed midweek against barca, hopefully that destroys their morale.

People are talking about City like they are unbeatable. Lets not forget they just beat stoke at home a few weeks ago and lost quite a few points away. They will be destroyed midweek against barca, hopefully that destroys their morale.

I think they've got a great shot against Barca. They match up well against them and have nothing to lose whereas Barcelona really aren't the team they once were.

Their big problem is keeping Fernandinho and Toure healthy because they are the heart of that team and their replacements simply aren't good enough. With the fixtures piling up then fatigue could be a real issue.

so u mean to say, that after 20 matches if arsenal was top of the table with a 4 point cushion then the LEAGUE IS THEIRS TO LOSE cos we simply cant take into account the fixtures, the fixture pile-up, the pressure of the title etc etc. cos they might simply win all their matches and give no one a chance. :D:D:D

the point is football is NOT MATHS. player down, down on aggregate, with no CBs, losing 2-0 at the best team in the world's home will almost always equate to a DRUBBING of the losing team in an idealistic 2+2=4 world, but that is not how football works. mathematically, even united can win the league but unfortunately none of us consider that, do we?

also, i am not trying to convince any1 here. i gave my opinion and was quoted by people saying almost the same thing, and hence i replied back giving my point of view.

Geeez, what a bunch of poor formulated arguments! :lol:

Anyway dude, just agree to disagree...

I think they've got a great shot against Barca. They match up well against them and have nothing to lose whereas Barcelona really aren't the team they once were.

Their big problem is keeping Fernandinho and Toure healthy because they are the heart of that team and their replacements simply aren't good enough. With the fixtures piling up then fatigue could be a real issue.

Don't forget Pelligrini's 3 games ban from C1

Geeez, what a bunch of poor formulated arguments! :lol:

Anyway dude, just agree to disagree...

dude, out of all the arguments, atleast no one brought in maths!!!!

i can wager whatever u want on city dropping points, can u wager city winning all 12 of their matches since all of your argument was simply based on THAT ONE THING. atleast i am not arguing on just one case scenrio but rather what i expect to happen!!! also i have already said why "its our title to lose" but just addressed the maths issue cos it simply dint seem right to me.

anyways lets agree to disagree.

On March 22nd Wenger the baggy coat will celebrate his 1000th game in the PL. In regard to it Chelsea will play his goons at Stamford Bridge. Lol.

I would love to see nothing but a tennis match, then. Chelsea to score 4 or 5 goals. What else could Jose give Wenger, then a real beating? I would say, a cake with the final score on it.

You think City can beat Barca away from home 2-0? City struggle against the lower teams in the league away from home. They dont have a chance.

Mou, is that you?

Technically he's right. City have the team to go on and win every game until the end of the season. Not realistic but it can happen. That also means we have to be in perfect form home and away.

You think City can beat Barca away from home 2-0? City struggle against the lower teams in the league away from home. They dont have a chance.

Not over- ratong city but they do have a shot. Barca are in a rut. Pathetic form. They were OUTPLAYED against sociedad, they could create one chancr against valladolid yeaterday. Even in their home match agaibst almeria, they could so easily have conceded when the acore was 2-1 to drop points before puyol scored and settled the match in the last minutes.

Also its not fair to compare city' s away league record in PL for this match. They will be the ones coubtering being the threat on set pieces, using pace against barca and with aguero they might just pull off an upset. I won't say a 3-1 win is impossible.

That´s not true.Citeh´s tactics were all wrong at Manchester & I am almost sure they will attack Barca there. Anything can happen.

Certainly, Citeh are capable to score two goals, then. After all, Barca is not much, lately.

I think they can beat them 3-1. Teams that face City in the league get men behind the ball and look to score from counters and set-pieces. I don't think Barca would ever think of doing that.

I think they can beat them 3-1. Teams that face City in the league get men behind the ball and look to score from counters and set-pieces. I don't think Barca would ever think of doing that.

I hope City do progress, but I honestly cant see it happening. If Barca get the first goal and dominate possession like they still do then its over.

But what is best for us?

City beating Barcelona will add two important fixtures to their schedule, but I definitely dont want to face a confident Manchester team in the title race...