How is the title ours? If both we and City win all of the remaining games, the title goes to Manchester. Mathematically, it's City's to lose.

City I feel will drop more points then us.

Remember all they need is one injury from an important player and the system they used goes completly to pieces. We have the better depth by miles.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember all they need is one injury from an important player and the system they used goes completly to pieces. We have the better depth by miles.

Just because you "feel", it doesnt mean it's our title to lose!

City has more goals, better startin eleven, better subs, more of a fear factor on opponents and they are confident after the League Cup. If anything, it's their title to lose. They are the clear favourites!

Now, that doesnt mean I dont believe we can win it. I have been one of the most optimistic members thorughout the season and I trully believe we will be celebrating come May. However, it is no wear near over. There is a lot of football to be played still...

Points in bag > 1 game in hand

Points in bag >>>>>> 2 games in hand

Points in bag >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3 games in hand.

Its our title to lose. City have to play utd, everton, pool, arsenal away. Add to that fixture pile up plus their overdependenxe on yaya, they will crumble undrr the pressure.

Its our title to lose. City have to play utd, everton, pool, arsenal away. Add to that fixture pile up plus their overdependenxe on yaya, they will crumble undrr the pressure.

Dont we also have to play Liverpool (A) and Arsenal?

It's City's title to lose actually..

Dont we also have to play Liverpool (A) and Arsenal?

It's City's title to lose actually..

Yes we do. But 4 AWAY games (specially since city have been average at best sway from home), can't be compared to one away game and a home game against arsenal.

To b honest I ll be more worried about villa away than arsenal at SB.

Yes we do. But 4 AWAY games (specially since city have been average at best sway from home), can't be compared to one away game and a home game against arsenal.

To b honest I ll be more worried about villa away than arsenal at SB.

Well we can still always lose to the small teams. City can aswell but probably wont happen..

Generally speaking I dont want to get my hopes up so all I'm really thinking is something along the lines of: "Its fine if we don't win anything, it's Jose's first season and we're really only starting to build the team... I guess we kinda have a chance to win the title, that would be awesome but no pressure, City would probably win it, I dont care, next season is ours."

Well we can still always lose to the small teams. City can aswell but probably wont happen..

Generally speaking I dont want to get my hopes up so all I'm really thinking is something along the lines of: "Its fine if we don't win anything, it's Jose's first season and we're really only starting to build the team... I guess we kinda have a chance to win the title, that would be awesome but no pressure, City would probably win it, I dont care, next season is ours."

That's one way to look at things. But come on. Who are we kidding!!!!! We will ALL be disaapointed if we don't win the league this season. Irrespective of how much we play down our chances.

Anyways, I simply can't stay so calm when we are playing the way we are.

That's one way to look at things. But come on. Who are we kidding!!!!! We will ALL be disaapointed if we don't win the league this season. Irrespective of how much we play down our chances.

Anyways, I simply can't stay so calm when we are playing the way we are.

We're competitive again, we've got a proper manager in charge and there's something being built here but there's still clear problem areas and Man City are further along in their development than us. We've exceeded our expectations but there's a reason our expectations were where they were.

The only thing I know is that I'd be physically sick if Liverpool won the league. But City.....they're favourites still.

We're competitive again, we've got a proper manager in charge and there's something being built here but there's still clear problem areas and Man City are further along in their development than us. We've exceeded our expectations but there's a reason our expectations were where they were.

The only thing I know is that I'd be physically sick if Liverpool won the league. But City.....they're favourites still.

I agree with us being a work in progress. And the fact that we are just starting our long reign at the top.

But looking at our fixtures and city's fixtures, I can't see how they are the favorites. I simply.can't!!! We have done some immense hard work in being where we are right now. It would be very disappointing if we dint win the league from this position cos I.feel city will drop a lot of points now. And for us to lose the title (or rather not win the title) would mean us also droping points heavily. (If city win all of their 12 left games, then its a different case, but can't see it happenin)

I hope they will, but hence why it is their's to lose because we have to hope for them to drop more points than us.

I completely agree that points in the bag is so much better than games in hand and that puts the pressure on City. But how does that make it our title to lose? We have no control over City's matches results. They can easily win all of their postponed matches and be back top, or they can drop points and we'd stay top. Therefore, it's theirs to lose, or at the very least, they have the advantage, not us.

Nah... not at this point in the season. With 9 games left the mentality has to change. We've been the best team all year having not lost at home and only 3 times all year. Not to mention we have the best record against the top 7 teams. It is set up for us to win it, it may not be in our control yet but I'm not buying this "I'll be fine if we don't win anything" crap. We're close and we're good lets start to turn up the pressure and GET THIS THING!

at first until December i agree w/ mou we are not going for title. the team need to adapt, and lacking some class players in key positions.

but looking at our position right now, it'll be waste to not win it. 9 matches to go. plus CL matches, which a little bit deep down i'll be happy if we kicked out from CL :halo:

I hope they will, but hence why it is their's to lose because we have to hope for them to drop more points than us.

I completely agree that points in the bag is so much better than games in hand and that puts the pressure on City. But how does that make it our title to lose? We have no control over City's matches results. They can easily win all of their postponed matches and be back top, or they can drop points and we'd stay top. Therefore, it's theirs to lose, or at the very least, they have the advantage, not us.

I have already told TOPTB why I think so. Yes, city could win all their remaining matches But tge simple fact is that they won't. Compare city's remaining 12 fixtures and our remainung 9 fixtures, city WILL drop a lot of points.

Am still not saying anything about us win the title it still difficult call when there is still 9 match to go. We set ourselves in a good position were we can just win it I will be damn if we win it. It been long but then Jose u the Boss