Mosquito

Jase

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-brazilian-mosquito-2912821

Manchester United are ready to rival Chelsea for the signing of Brazilian starlet Mosquito this January.

European heavyweights Real Madrid and Juventus also watched the talented forward dazzle in this year’s FIFA Under-17 World Cup, but clubs are being forced to wait until the player turns 18 next month before they can make their move.

The Atletico Paranaense youngster’s representatives are holding out for £4million for the deal which, although complicated by an ongoing dispute with former club Vasco da Gama, is a fee Chelsea are willing to match after their South American scouts passed on glowing recommendations to Stamford Bridge chiefs.

The Blues would likely farm him out on loan at Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem for the 2014/15 season.

No disrespect but think this fella is worth signing on the name alone! :lol:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's the new Diego Costa in the making. I watched a few u17 World Cup games and he caught the eye along with the midfielders Nathan and Boschilia and the right back Auro.

There were a few Nigerian and Mexican players who I'd look into as well.

If we bought him, he'd go straight to Vitesse.

The Atletico Paranaense youngster’s representatives are holding out for £4million for the deal which, although complicated by an ongoing dispute with former club Vasco da Gama, is a fee Chelsea are willing to match after their South American scouts passed on glowing recommendations to Stamford Bridge chiefs.

Hopefully that dispute with Vasco doesn't prove to be a fly in the ointment.

It's funny that we're actually looking to sign a striker named after a blood-sucking parasite when we already have Torres and Eto'o on the books.

:lol:

Mosquito is indeed a nickname (didn't I tell you @CHOULO19, nicknames are still a hit in Brazil?) and although I've never seen the guy, I'm betting he's very thin because Mosquito is a common nickname for tall and thin guys.

My Flamengo won Brazil's Cup over CAP just two weeks ago and Mosquito wasn't there... he probably still plays only for youth football, I barely recovered my interest in the senior NT, let alone the juniors, and and the only youth club I follow in the world is Flamengo's, so I don't know the guy.

I'll come back later with more information :lol:

edit: watching the vid in the link one of our defenders is called Foguete - which could be translated to Rocket or Fireworks depending on the context :P

Brazil is such a happy place

edit 2: the guy who passes for Mosquito in his second goal (Brazil's third) is named Indio (Indian, as in the native people, not people India the country)... look at the guy and you'll know why. This one is overdone around here. way too many players named Indio (although this one is the most indian-ish)

edit 3: his name is Thiago, his father is in jail for dealing drugs :blink:

edit 4:

O apelido nasceu no Fluminense porque ele era pequenininho e veloz. Um técnico dele cismou que tinha que colocar esse apelido, porque tinha um amigo que tinha esse apelido. Aí todo mundo começou a chamar ele de Mosquito e até hoje ficou

"He's got the nickname while he was at Fluminense's academy because he was tiny and fast. His coach wanted this nickname at all costs because he had a friend with the same nickname. So everyone started calling him Mosquito and it's still like this til this day"

Australian's are much less creative with nicknames. John because Johno. Johnathan becomes Johny. Dave becomes Dave-o. Jake becomes Jake-o.Trevor becomes Trev. Garry becomes Gaz. Guy becomes Guysy. And that's pretty much how we do it, save for last names, which is a different story. Indigenous Australians tend to be pretty creative though.

Australian's are much less creative with nicknames. John because Johno. Johnathan becomes Johny. Dave becomes Dave-o. Jake becomes Jake-o.Trevor becomes Trev. Garry becomes Gaz. Guy becomes Guysy. And that's pretty much how we do it, save for last names, which is a different story. Indigenous Australians tend to be pretty creative though.

Imagine if they became footballers!

"Johno passes to Johny, but Dave-o intercepts and clears the ball forward to Jake-o - whose one-on-one with the last defender Trev, but he has options with Gaz on the right!"

Seems like a drunkard's story in the pub about his friends :D

^^ thing is that in other countries they don't carry the nicknames into their professional names, so it won't happen. Then in America (and other countries) once the guy is famous they give them some nickname, like Shaq for Shaquile O'Neal and others, so people will call them that when talking about them, but their professional names will continue to be their last names.

In Brazil we always use the first name and nicknames are kept over birth names and last names are rarely used. Cafu, Branco, Dedé, Zico, Tostão, Hulk, Ganso, Pato, Kaká, Mineiro, Bebeto, Zinho, Mazinho, Jô, Fred are all nicknames in addition to the diminutives Ronaldinho, Juninho, Marquinhos, Paulinho, etc...

I thought this was a joke topic.

It's Portuguese for lollipop...

This it may be... I do not know how to explain. In Colombia, it is used when talking to children about the difference in anatomy.. you understand? So it is not a rude word, exactly, but it is still something I find funny.. it would make more sense if it was English.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You