Stoke v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was one match guys!!! move on!!! if we concede from a set-piece in this match, i will be suprised cos after today's game, jose would make sure the defenders get a nice hearing to especially against a team like stoke.

still, set-pieces or not, stoke are formidable at home, no matter what. it is never an easy game at the brittania.

cech

azpi GC JT cole

rambo mikel

willian mata hazard

BA.

ba must start, no doubt about that. we need to win some aerial balls and atleast be some kind of a threat from crosses. also stoke dont give many chances so its important that our striker takes the 1v1 against begovic.

willian-mata-hazard showed some fabulous chemistry and i dont see any reason to shake that up.

too often we have seen lamps putting in a fabulous performance but absolutely poor in the next match (specially mid week ones). i feel he would be a little tired for this one too and the game is on saturday (they are coming thick and fast).

iva looked exhausted to me. he deserves a rest but he will probably play this one and get a rest for the midweek CL game.

I have a bad feeling about this match but the wisest thing that could be done is just what DidierForever suggests above: play Ba with Mata and Hazard, same as last match. Willian or Schuerrle can start on the right side.

I just wish Chelsea had another center midfielder. Seriously troubled by the thought of Ramires getting injured during December. Why not use Loftus-Cheek at little? Maybe we will see Essien again for the Stoke match.

I'm guessing Ivanovic is starting this game too, just to mark on set-pieces.

If this was the Stoke of 2/3 years ago in their 'prime' under Pulis with the Delap/Shooton throw in's i would be getting nightmares about this match, but this ain't the same Stoke they stagnated badly at the 2nd half of last season.

Having said that, it will still be a tough, tough match and if we get caught sleeping we could drop 2/3 points, Ba should 100% start this one. Stick to Mata, Hazard, Willian, not sure about the rest of the team (bar Cech obviously).

I wouldn't make too many changes. Mikel for Lampard possibly and bring in Walters for Torres. One thing to note is that Huth is out injured which is a big plus. Other than Shawcross, their defence has been chopped & changed quite a lot.