Jase

Man of the Match  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great tactics by Mourinho. I did doubt it at first - but it worked and I somehow knew we would 3-1 :)

Well done Ramires - absolute legend!

Iva is better crossing if you don't give him time. :)

Torres put in a shift, BA deserved his goal

Lampard needs a rest - did ok though - but 3 games in a row is a bit too much IMHO

More pleased with the desire and power -that's what Chelsea are about !!!

Nicely in 2nd sitting pretty and I think Lukaku will own Arsenal - so expecting them to drop points and us top for Xmas :)

I liked it. But I still don't like the way we do the pressure, and our AM and CM make too many bad choices.

But today we controled the game really well, we played a lot better, we are improving. It was one of the best games at home.

OsvaldoDrogo_original_original_display_i

I knew I saw Dani Osvaldo somewhere else before!

Lost some 200lbs during his journey over the Narrow Sea

Mou's subs esp Lamps and Ba were brilliant, really stabilized our game. Essien probably should not start such a big game no matter what

This plan b with 442 and pumping balls forward was amazing. This should also work against Arsenal.

Great result from a hard match. Team responded magnificently in the second half and Mourinho bringing on Ba to play up front together with Torres worked wonders.

Sunderland, Stoke and Crystal Palace coming up next. If we win all three we'll most likely be on top by the time we face Arsenal because at least some of our rivals are guaranteed to lose points when they play each other. Arsenal have Hull, Everton and Manchester City as their next three league fixtures and Hull showed today against Liverpool that they won't just bend over and accept defeat when a big team comes to visit.

OsvaldoDrogo_original_original_display_i

I knew I saw Dani Osvaldo somewhere else before!

My thoughts exactly. :lol:

I have a hard time giving Mourinho credit simply for undoing the awful tactics he started with. Essien wasn't good enough to start for Chelsea two years ago and hasn't played at all this season. Considering we have a game against the weak Bucharest coming up, why not play him there? He looked confused and out of place. Oscar, Hazard, and Mata just don't work together. They run all over each others' space. I'd love to see Mata start next to a couple of actual wingers for a game or two and unlike last season, we actually have players who can play there!

Ramires was pretty bad to start the game but ended up fantastically and was my MOTM. The 4 defenders all had very good games.

Chelsea's John Terry: "The early goal gave Saints confidence & they were better than us 1st half. But we re-grouped and came out strongly"

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho: "We gave Southampton a 2nd half they were not expecting, and they couldn't cope with it"

Great tactics,and great performance 2nd half wise.Does fill you with confidence that can turn games around still rather then carry on playing like crap!Need to play a whole less then we did 1st half cause that was bloody dire!!

Still 2nd :D mental league so far