Chelsea 3-1 Southampton

Jase

Man of the Match  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Absolutely no sarcasm here but part of me thank Essien for his mistake because it fired up the whole team and what a great team spirit, from literally everyone!

Gave my motm to Ramires, what a bloody machine! I guess he can easily win the marathon in the Olympics.

Soton deserve to be where they are, very well organized and a respectable over-achiever. Lovren and Osvaldo are absolute cunts though.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a hard time giving Mourinho credit simply for undoing the awful tactics he started with. Essien wasn't good enough to start for Chelsea two years ago and hasn't played at all this season. Considering we have a game against the weak Bucharest coming up, why not play him there? He looked confused and out of place. Oscar, Hazard, and Mata just don't work together. They run all over each others' space. I'd love to see Mata start next to a couple of actual wingers for a game or two and unlike last season, we actually have players who can play there!

Ramires was pretty bad to start the game but ended up fantastically and was my MOTM. The 4 defenders all had very good games.

Essien's not on the CL squad. He was planning on resting Lamps for mid-week against Sunderland. Should've started Mikel in the first place, though

Mata with wingers might not work as he tend to play wide during certain spells in the game. He works best with players like Hazard who can shift to the centre of the park when he goes wide.

Finally we have a PLAN B that works :)

I remember moaning non-stop about this under RdM and FSW - but that was good.

@Toronto - think you're being a bit harsh, Jose couldn't predict that we would lose a goal that early on and Essien was a great player and he used him at RM plenty. Him bringing on Lamps (who needs a rest midweek) was a good choice and then he changed the way we played in 2nd half. I guess we will never know the original game plan - seeing as we hit the self destruct button :)

Essien's not on the CL squad. He was planning on resting Lamps for mid-week against Sunderland. Should've started Mikel in the first place, though

Mata with wingers might not work as he tend to play wide during certain spells in the game. He works best with players like Hazard who can shift to the centre of the park when he goes wide.

Yes, forgot about the CL squad. Good call. As for wingers, I consider Hazard a winger and both Willian and Schurrle are also very capable of cutting in. I meant just not playing Mata with Oscar/Ramires attacking next to him for a couple of games.

Yes, forgot about the CL squad. Good call. As for wingers, I consider Hazard a winger and both Willian and Schurrle are also very capable of cutting in. I meant just not playing Mata with Oscar/Ramires attacking next to him for a couple of games.

Shurrle-Mata-Hazard might be on the cards at Sunderland.

I hope this match finally puts to rest any doubts about Mata's importance in our team. I don't give a fuck about his defending, he is the only one capable of making a decent pass/cross. If Jose wants to play Ocar at all costs then it's his job to find a way to play both of them. I also think that Ba was brilliant today. And one last thing. SIGN SHAW.

I hope this match finally puts to rest any doubts about Mata's importance in our team. I don't give a fuck about his defending, he is the only one capable of making a decent pass/cross. If Jose wants to play Ocar at all costs then it's his job to find a way to play both of them. I also think that Ba was brilliant today. And one last thing. SIGN SAW.

Oscar is just as good though... I would have Oscar, Schurrle and Mata at the moment - think Hazard is behind them 3 in consistency so far this season... Hopefully as other Belgians have said - he gets better in the 2nd half of the season!!