Jase

Man of the Match  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of players deserve MOTM. Ba changed the game and was excellent throughout and deserved his goal. Rami was just everywhere and made 10 tackles, I read! Mata practically won us the game with two classy deliveries, something we have missed badly in recent game. Azpi was excellent once again despite being out of position and JT continued his incredible form this season. Even Cahill had a great game. But I had to go with Iva for MOTM. I've gave a lot of stick this season, but today he was just perfect throughout the match. Just didn't put a wrong foot in all match.

I like that idea. In our last CL game perhaps?

I don't know why people say Oscar and Mata can't play together, but it seems Hazard+Mata or Hazard+Oscar are okay. I don't remember few games where both played together without Hazard.

Delighted to see Cahill score as he has been getting some bad press lately. Also think that we really need to sort ourselves out before the game starts, not at half time. We were awesome in the second half, but for long periods of the first half we were poor. Huge difference in displays of first and second half. Mata was super, Torres may not have scored but his hassling and chasing was great to watch, and he showed power attacking the Southampton defence. Ramires was a little motor in the midfield and deserved his MoM award. Defence as a unit was solid and class going forward. Hazard is still not the finished article (in my humble opinion) he drifted in and out of this match. And nice to see Demba score. :blue scalf:

But now, the ten million dollar question????????????? Which Chelsea will we see against Sunderland? The one that thinks it has the right to win, or the one that has the will to win. Roll on Wednesday. :blink::cry:

So many good performances in the 2nd half !! Absolutely wanted the win more than the Saints and very happy to see our Strikers actually playing. Iva had a great game and Mata showed his brilliancy but voted Ramires because he never frigging stops, makes the difference every time.

I need that Mata's flat footed scissor pass on the volley to Hazard which opened up the Saints gif. It was bloddy brilliant!

and that cross to Torres just outside the 6 yard line which was saved by Boruc was pretty awesome as well. Most players wouldn't even get to make a touch there, but crossing in that fashion is a different level of skill.

My stream kept lagging, but actually didn't think the performance in the first half was bad. I thought Essien was dragging down the team a bit and left Ramires to do too much on his own but regardless chances were still created and the pressing was good. Second half we were excellent. Good performance overall; of course this result means nothing if we go on to lose against Sunderland.

Mourinho: 'Essien subbed as 45 mins in his position with a yellow card, against a team who counter-attack, is a long time to play.' #CFC

Jose Mourinho: 'The Southampton goal was like a knife in the back, but in the first half we played well, with no panic.' #CFC

Mourinho: 'In the second half we played 4-4-2 and gave Southampton what they didn't expect. Mata gave us what we needed.' #CFC

Mourinho: 'Southampton like to play from the back but by us playing two strikers pressing, it didn't allow that.' #CFC

Mourinho: 'Everybody makes mistakes, and Essien was trying to play when he made his, but he also played his part in our stability.' #CFC

Mourinho on winning the title: "The boys have to cope with the responsibility of being there [being involved in a race]."

Great result from a hard match. Team responded magnificently in the second half and Mourinho bringing on Ba to play up front together with Torres worked wonders.

Sunderland, Stoke and Crystal Palace coming up next. If we win all three we'll most likely be on top by the time we face Arsenal because at least some of our rivals are guaranteed to lose points when they play each other. Arsenal have Hull, Everton and Manchester City as their next three league fixtures and Hull showed today against Liverpool that they won't just bend over and accept defeat when a big team comes to visit.

My thoughts exactly. :lol:

Hull unfortunately have Curtis Davies suspended for the Arsenal match :(

A lot of players deserve MOTM. Ba changed the game and was excellent throughout and deserved his goal. Rami was just everywhere and made 10 tackles, I read! Mata practically won us the game with two classy deliveries, something we have missed badly in recent game. Azpi was excellent once again despite being out of position and JT continued his incredible form this season. Even Cahill had a great game. But I had to go with Iva for MOTM. I've gave a lot of stick this season, but today he was just perfect throughout the match. Just didn't put a wrong foot in all match.

Is that you Bushman? :ph34r::Goober: