Chelsea v Schalke

Jase

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. I think that you need two of Hazard, Willian or Schurrle to provide that directness on the wings and Oscar in the middle. That doesn't mean I have an agenda against Mata as one person suggested in a rather silly way, it just means that I think Oscar is better at tying the team together. I think we defend better and I think we attack better with that setup.

I actually praised Mata a fucking lot last year, but I just think that with the change in our style this season that there are other options better suited to our team.

Wouldn't even consider Hazard as being a direct player on the wings. He likes to come short, get on the ball, run with it, like to do some fancy stuff with it etc. Schurrle and Willian does that but not as fanciful or even over-elaborative like Hazard. The former two are more direct than the latter.

If you said you don't have a public agenda against Mata, then I don't think there's any reason for you to keep on justifying that... :rolleyes:

Norwich is a weird choice to support your argument. We were actually drawing until Mata was taken off and replaced with Willian, and Mata had a rather uneventful day whilst Oscar (in a more central role if I remember correctly) was MOTM.

So what if we were drawing until Mata was taken off? All the good work before that is just gonna get ignored because Norwich improved and we just got sloppy? Mata wasn't great that day but was decent and certainly not as bad like how it has been made out to be.

Out of interest, what did you make of Lampard's performance in the match away to Schalke?

It's got absolutely nothing to do with that. It's to do with the fact that both Mikel and Ramires are better DMs than him; a better combination.

I'd rather see one of Ramires' lung-busting runs with the ball instead of him sitting back nullifying his best attribute in, what is supposed to be, a counter-attacking team.

After re-watching a very, very poor Newcastle game I'm hoping for a real shake up.

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Mikel

Willian - Hazard - Schurrle

Eto'o

And yes I agree with the popular opinion that Hazard has been poor but I feel moving him in the middle of the pitch where he can get more touches might help.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with that. It's to do with the fact that both Mikel and Ramires are better DMs than him; a better combination.

I'd rather see one of Ramires' lung-busting runs with the ball instead of him sitting back nullifying his best attribute in, what is supposed to be, a counter-attacking team.

But still, I'd be interested to know what you thought of Lampard's performance in the game away to Schalke.

But still, I'd be interested to know what you thought of Lampard's performance in the game away to Schalke.

Phantasmagorical.

What do you expect me to say? With him as a DM it's not like someone can say "oh, he really bossed the midfield!" or "he really dictated the tempo of the game!". He's not going to do something to make it memorable, but Ramires can.

What do you expect me to say?

Defended well, retained possession well, moved the ball around accurately....basically what's asked of him.

It's because he's capable of performing well in matches like this that the performance yesterday was such an aberration. The fact that he wasn't alone makes me think that there was something wrong with our system, rather than some players having an off-day.

But back to this match, I'd play Lamps because he did so well in the match away to Schalke. Everyone will suggest different teams to remedy the problems with yesterday's game, and mine is to change the number 10 and right-wing. If people disagree then that's fine.

Defended well, retained possession well, moved the ball around accurately....basically what's asked of him.

It's because he's capable of performing well in matches like this that the performance yesterday was such an aberration. The fact that he wasn't alone makes me think that there was something wrong with our system, rather than some players having an off-day.

But back to this match, I'd play Lamps because he did so well in the match away to Schalke. Everyone will suggest different teams to remedy the problems with yesterday's game, and mine is to change the number 10 and right-wing. If people disagree then that's fine.

Yes, and Mikel can do pretty much the same as him except without the need to shackle Ramires.

I agree with the need to change the 10 and right wing. I think everyone knows now for sure that Mata and Oscar can't play together. I'd have Willian and Schurrle with Oscar, but it'll most likely be one of Willian/Schurrle with Oscar and Hazard.

we looked lousy last game.as if we don't have desire to win =( Torres was bored, he cant touch the ball and get his game started =(

I disagree why everyone so quick to jump on Torres, he ran and ran, he was getting f*** all service, was really dissapointing unusually by the midfield. Everyone was terrible yesterday, and we just have to hope for better.

I disagree why everyone so quick to jump on Torres, he ran and ran, he was getting f*** all service, was really dissapointing unusually by the midfield. Everyone was terrible yesterday, and we just have to hope for better.

I don't think he was having a go at Torres but instead pointing out how he was bored because of the lack of service from our midfield.