Mario Mandzukic

BlueLyon

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Costa and Mandzukic, not bad... if we do get him it must mean Lukaku's off, I can't see him sticking around, although it would be deadly having Costa, Mandzukic and Luakaku next season. Just compare that to Eto'o, Ba and Torres...

If we need three.

I'd envisage Costa being the main guy, spearheading counter attacks and looking for space behind defences. If that doesn't work or we face a packed defence then bring on Mandzukic and look to pepper the box with crosses.

Lukaku's problem with being a number two behind Costa is that he doesn't offer anything radically different apart from being left-footed and not as good.

Lukaku was unhappy having to contest with Eto'o, Torres and Ba for a place. I'm finding it hard to see him being happy with fighting Diego Costa and Mandzukic if both deals come off.

That's because it was Eto'o, Torres .and Ba mate. He had every right to be upset when he had so much in his locker to dish out, especially over the likes of those three. Now with 2 potential european champions on the way and constant goal threats, he'd unassumingly understand if he were to play 2nd or third fiddle. He's young and will most undoubtedly get chances

That's because it was Eto'o, Torres .and Ba mate. He had every right to be upset when he had so much in his locker to dish out, especially over the likes of those three. Now with 2 potential european champions on the way and constant goal threats, he'd unassumingly understand if he were to play 2nd or third fiddle. He's young and will most undoubtedly get chances

But if that's your competition and you've been getting chances, why get uppity and ask for a transfer?

He had more chance playing last season than he does if we actually get Costa and Mandzukic. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. :doh:

It's not that one, look at the date, 02/01/14. You have to pay to see the article ( http://sportbild.bild.de/bundesliga/vereine/bayern-muenchen/im-sommer-von-chelsea-nach-muenchen-34046428.sport.html ).

ahhh... and have you done so?

Not sure how credible Bild is anyway, they had us with Cavani as a lock.

ahhh... and have you done so?

Not sure how credible Bild is anyway, they had us with Cavani as a lock.

Nope.

They are reliable when it comes to german football, no ?

For those saying Lukaku and Mandzukic are similar I beg to differ. Mandzukic is a target man capable of playing with his back to goal, he is very capable in the air as well. Lukaku is much more dangerous when running at defenders and has next to no hold up game. If this is true and we are indeed in for Mandzukic(which I'm skeptical on) we will have a very balanced strike force with Costa, Mandzukic and Lukaku... Three absolute bullies who possess different attributes

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You