Chelsea v Man City

Jase

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fuckin hate playing against them. All their shitfaced cunts raise their game immensely against us every time. If City would play against the rest of the world like they play against us, they would be crowned Champions of Europe. At least that is never gonna happen.

The problem is their physicality. Their players are as fast as ours but stronger. That is why Mata will be completely useless here. We need to be extremely fast here to ensure we got a pace advantage on as many positions as possible if we do not want to get bullied off the ball all the time. Ramires will escape Fernandinho and Toure at times. But who is more likely to get past Clichy/zabaleta/richards Willian or Schürrle? I reckon Schürrle is maybe a tad faster but Willian has better skills.

Anyway, we have to be a bit more solid in defence than vs Schalke, on the other hand if we can remain that standard of finishing (which is unlikely cos City will not allow us that much space) we will win.

Absolutely NO WAY Lamps should start this one. Ramires & Mikel.

Is Kompany still injured? If not, he and Nastasic would probably devour Torres, so I don't know if he'd be the best option.

My XI:

----------------Eto'o----------------

---Hazard-----Oscar-----Mata---

------------Mikel-----Ramires-----------

Cole------Terry------Luiz------Ivanovic

----------------Cech----------------

Possibly Schürrle in place of Mata with Hazard on the right if we need a more physical approach. I'd take a draw in all honestly.

Absolutely NO WAY Lamps should start this one. Ramires & Mikel.

Is Kompany still injured? If not, he and Nastasic would probably devour Torres, so I don't know if he'd be the best option.

My XI:

----------------Eto'o----------------

---Hazard-----Oscar-----Mata---

------------Mikel-----Ramires-----------

Cole------Terry------Luiz------Ivanovic

----------------Cech----------------

Possibly Schürrle in place of Mata with Hazard on the right if we need a more physical approach. I'd take a draw in all honestly.

I'm glad many people agree with me on the Lampard playing in the pivot issue, especially against technical, strong and fast players, we were lucky not to concede in the first half yesterday, they were all over our centre of the park, let's hope it doen't happen against City as they are a lot more clinical than Schalke. I'd say 70% of the posters so far in this thread agree with me

We deffo have to do something about the midfield area or i fear the battle will be lost but in Jose i trust no surrender! I predict man.city a player or two sent off and Chelsea win a classico in our best performance of da season Torres man of the match , Mata gets on the scoresheet and Stamford Bridge is bouncing

Funnily enough if we beat City on Sunday, we would have won 6, drawn 2 and lost 1 and got 20 points and that was exactly the same tally we got to after 9 league games back in 2004/05 season under Mourinho.

fuck that... i was hoping javi garcia will play at cb, he is a complete joke there.

tough game, they have really outplayed us in the last games and i think we will need more than one goal to win this one because they will surelly score... aguero is scoring for fun right now, negredo is playing well too, acting as a target man, yaya is in terrific form, but watching city playing away kinda makes me feel we will win this one... they might have the upper hand in the last six or seven games, but we have jose now!

Funnily enough if we beat City on Sunday, we would have won 6, drawn 2 and lost 1 and got 20 points and that was exactly the same tally we got to after 9 league games back in 2004/05 season under Mourinho.

Where's this so-called crisis?

Hopefully we will get at them, City defensively aren't all that even with Kompany playing, and while Fernandinho and Toure can be devastating going forward, they aren't the best combination defensively.

Pellegrini doesn't strike me as the kind of manager that will play cautious and settle for a point, which could play right into our hands tactically.

It's going to be an awfully tough game, but this is as confident i have been regarding our chances against City since Mark Hughes was the manager at Eastlands.

Got a feeling this might be the game the trademark 1-0 to Mourinho returns, with Oscar getting the winner in the second half. Even at this stage of the season, beating City will be massive.