Chelsea v Man City

Jase

The best squads in the country going head to head.

My only worry is their midfield duo.

Fernandinho and Toure are up there with the world's best. The former has finally settled and the later is a monster of a player. Fernandinho's through ball to Aguero's first goal against West Ham was world-class, they are both quick, mobile, strong and aggressive whilst being technically excellent.

It's gonna be a great game, hopefully our little wizards punish their defense and pin them back. I see Torres starting and Eto'o coming on for him in the second half.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about our last match against them, I remember when we were chasing the result in the FA Cup, Oscar was dropped to the CM role for the last 30 minutes or so and he did pretty well and we were unlucky not to equalise.

I know it's not ideal to try that from the start, but I think if we happen to be a goal or two down, it could be an option as we could throw in another striker or an attacking midfielder.

You know what we have right now....

SELECTION HEADACHES!!

Gone are the days when we could all predict the line-up two weeks before the game. We actually have numerous players for each position, and players who are in-form too.

There's a few nailed-on selections (Cech, Terry, Oscar, Ramires <-----Look....that's almost a spine!! :getin::getin: ) and a few others you'd expect (Hazard, Ivanovic, Lamps, Cole if fit) and then there's the real selection dilemmas.

Cahill or Luiz - Luiz's atrocious performance against Cardiff saw him dropped, but that might be the kick up the arse he needs for this game. On the other hand Cahill is a solid performer for club and country.

Schurrle or Willian or Mata - Form and defensive solidity suggests Schurrle, Mata is still capable of magic that we might need in a tough game whilst Willian is a wild card.

Eto'o or Torres - If Ba played I wouldn't be surprised, but for the first time in a while we have two strikers coming off scoring performances in their last starts (Torres limped off against Steaua so tough to count that one) but personally I think Torres should get the nod after last night and the Spurs game. City could play a fairly open game and that is what he needs.

So tough to predict the starting XI but I trust Jose to get it right.

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole

Ramires Lamps

Schurrle Oscar Hazard

Torres

City would be my tip for the title this year, they've the strongest squad and some of the best players - This is a real test.

Kompany not playing would be a real bonus, defensively they are far less formidable and you can get at them through the middle, especially when they play Javi Garcia at centre-half. I hadn't spotted at just how slow he is until very recently. Draw their full backs forward, or at least the one on the side that Garcia covers and try to hit them on the break down his side.

Toure has given us problems almost every time we've played them recently and for this reason alone I would consider replacing Lampard with Luiz in midfield alongside Ramires. We've got a more mobile midfield with hopefully a defensively minded edge. Luiz is also a good passer of the ball and can hit accurate balls into the channels. City will struggle to run through us or pass by us with these two.

The other choices I would make is a Terry, Cahill central defensive partnership, left back should be the best defender out of 'Dave' or Bertrand. I would play Mata through the middle, with Hazard and Oscar filling the wider roles, maybe flicking Oscar and Mata around if required. Schurrle would be available to rotate with the wider players and Lampard or Mikel to come into the central area's if injury or bookings dictate this. Torres should start.

With a bit of luck City will have a really tough game this evening, with the pitch causing them a good few additional problems.

This isn't an impossible task, they can be got at, just see the Cardiff game. We are playing well, and yes they have lots of strengths and a big squad- So do we, a very fucking good one. I'd be all for testing Hart as much as possible, he doesn't look his best and I am more than confident that Oscar, Hazard, Willian/Schurrle and Torres could give them a day to forget.

Get the fuck at em......CAREFREE!!!

Will Kompany be fit for sunday? if he isn't i'd be a bit more confident about getting a result against them.

Still unconfirmed. He has been ruled out of City's game tonight against CSKA Moscow and Pellegrini said last week that he hopes to have Kompany back for this game.

We won't win the midfield and we won't outplay them. Either we play on the counter or long ball.<br /><br />I actually think starting Ba is a good idea since I don't see how else we intend to go at them while still keeping it tight at the back.