Chelsea v Man City

Jase

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

big match and the our first big match at home.

against all the big teams so far (united,, tottenham, bayern) we have defended and tried to counter. will be interesting to see how jose sets us up to play against the team which has been a real nightmare for us in the past seasons. also some of the selections he has to make would get him a lot of stick if it does not work. the striker position (after torres' performance tonight and etoo performance in general), the 3rd AM (mata has not set things on fire + he has not had his best games against city while schurlle and willian have been more than good and definitely better than mata for the wing spot). the CB spot in one where i have no doubt who jose plays - cahill+terry. they have been brilliant together and cahill deserves his chance.

for me the starting 11 would be exactly the same as today's (schalke match) except for etoo for torres + bertrand for azpi (azpi dint reallt look comfortable to me on the left flank).

hope for a good performance and a great result as city must be tired after their russian trip (and hopefully an unsuccessful one).

Would also like to mention that a win here would be a massive boost for us, not just because that would continue our winning run, but more importantly prove that we can beat the big teams, something that we haven't done yet this season - Man United, Bayern, Tottenham.

Thank fuck Tevez isn't still there!

Can almost guarantee Yaya will score against us in the form he's been in this season. Aguero has been great too.

City are the one side that actually make me uneasy. The one side that I'm never confident about going against.

Part of me wanting Jose to start Luiz to annoy the shit out of Aguero this little cunt.

I love AGUERO!!!!!

On a side note, I expect City to start Aguero with Negredo. Silva-nasri-Fernandinho-YAYA

Gosh, i hope we go at them since Garcia/Lescott will probably start...

We need to keep Yaya quiet , He kicked sweet lumps out of Mata 2 seasons ago hopefully he gets sent off this time. It will be big tactical challenge for Jose , Luiz in midfield maybe, Torres hopefully continues the form . Im thinking it will be a classico this 1. Turn up the Stamford bridge atmosphere lets put on a show !

I still think Eto'o should start against city except we intend playing with a low block where torres is perfect but its a home game so we should be more proactive which suits Eto'o. He has more clever movement, link-up play and does better with his back to goal than torres. I'd bring torres on at about the 60minute mark Torres will be massive as a super sub with his energy and hardwork but i don't really think he will get the type of chances he loves to score.