Chelsea v Man City

Jase

Have to set up as a counter attacking team IMO, we'd rip them to shreds. Delighted Hazard is finally showing form, him and Oscar must start behind Torres for this one. I'm more inclined to play Schurrle or Willian than Mata, but not sure who should start... out of the former two.

If Mikel starts then we should go for Willian as he is slightly better attacking wise. Mikel will also provide a more solid midfield especially when we're sitting back. The knock on effect for that would be to play Luiz who can start the counters off well and possibly deal with Aguero.

My team would probably be (I've got 2 versions):

Cech

Iva Luiz JT Cole

Mikel Ramires

Willian Oscar Hazard

Torres

Or...

Cech

Iva Cahill JT Cole

Lampard Ramires

Schurrle Oscar Hazard

Torres

I'm leaning towards the first selection slightly more though.

We can beat these if the game plan is executed properly. It's been too long overdue.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lampard is a big no for me, but I doubt Mourinho won't play him.

But in my bubble Frank won't play and then I look to the bench and options. Mikel for Lamps we gain the defensive aspect, but we completely lose the midfield with him... we're playing at home, we're a big team, we have a great squad there's no reason why we should submit to their midfielders and accept our role as defensive only. Yeah we need to be solid and try to stop Fernandinho and Toure, but let's not behave like we're scared little girls. Our turf, our rules and we bossing them!

I understand when Mourinho is cautious away, but it makes no sense for us to settle with defending at home.

The second option is Essien. The only problem I have with The Bison is that he has played only once this season and it may mean Toure and Fernandinho would eat him alive because of lack of match sharpness.

Then there's a third option, one I may like better. I'm 100% against transforming Luiz into a DM, but it could work here. His passing is good, he could alternate with Ramires about running, he has a powerful finishing from distance. So I'd make an exception this one time and I'd play him there. He'd add defensive toughness to what Lamps normally delivers, and I think he's the closer we have to Lamps with long distance shots, free kicks, decent passing, and he can add runs (although Rami does that too and if Luiz didn't, it wouldn't matter much).

I just hope I don't see Oscar in the pivot. That will always be a big no for me.

In the AM I'd play exactly what we played against Schalke if Schürrle is really fit. If he's not I'd play Mata. If this match was 2-3 months down the road, I'd play Willian-Oscar-Hazard, but I don't think Willian has match sharpness enough to face ManCity midfielders or FBs.

I'm not sure who to play in the ST position. Torres was a completely different guy against Totts and Schalke. Eto'o played well infiltrating behind Cardiff's defense, but that's Cardiff. If Ba wasn't so awful for us, I'd play him because of his physicality, but I don't even think about him. If I'm against the wall and have to pick one, I'd pick Torres.

Whatever José does, the only critical choice for me is not playing Lampard. He may have a great match, but there's also a big chance he won't. Totally not worth the risk.

In Jose i trust ... For me its Cm that imm weary that we are not strong enough against Toure&co , For some reason Toure seems to hate Mata so i hope he gets the chance to run rings round him again, I like the thought of Luiz in midfield so he can annoy Augero and give Toure something to think about apart from that we should have nothing else to fear , hopefully we will see Chelseas best performance of the season and a classico win for Cfc. Atmosphere will be great me thinks turn it up and lets get at them front the 1st whistle gu gu gu get some then get some more!

Cech

Ivan - Luiz - Terry - Cole (if fit)

Mikel - Ramires

Hazard - Oscar - Schürlle

Torres

Subs: Mata, Etoo, Ryan, Lamps, Cahill, Schwarzer, Willian

I think this is our strongest lineup at the moment. I do not feel confident about this game, but if we play our best, we certainly have a good shout in this game. Hoping for a fine Hazard display, and Andre's first BPL goal for Chelsea.

KTBFFH! :blue scalf:

Who I think we should play:

Cech

Iva-Luiz-JT-Bertrand

Rami-Mikel

Hazard-Oscar-Schurrle

Ba

Who I think Jose will play:

Cech

Iva-Cahill-JT-Azpi

Rami-Lamps

Willian-Oscar-Hazard

Eto'o

That's why I'm pessimistic about this match.

The team you think Jose will play is a lot better.

Why be pessimistic ?

Have we not seen Jose & his tactical geniuses of late to work well ?

I know, Chelsea do not play well against physical teams like Citeh, but Jose just might come up with something to nag Aguero.

Once you to control Aguero, Citeh are half the team without him, I feel.

As for any wishful line-ups, let Jose decide.

Certainly, Bertrand won´t be there. Since Mata has been rested, I´d include him in the line-up.

I am now pretty sure our starting line up will not be far from this with tactical changes depending on how the game progresses. A draw seems most likely but if we score first we are likely to win it. I don't think we would loose, so a win (2-0/2-1) or Draw(1-1/0-0) is likely.

------------cech

Iva----Luiz/cahill---Terry----cole

-------Ramires---Mikel

Oscar----lampard------Hazard

--------Eto'o/Torres

OR

------------cech

Iva----Luiz/cahill---Terry----cole

-------Ramires---Lampard

Ramires----Oscar10------Hazard

-----------Torres/Eto'o

If all are fit.

Who I think we should play:

Cech

Iva-Luiz-JT-Bertrand

Rami-Mikel

Hazard-Oscar-Schurrle

Ba

Who I think Jose will play:

Cech

Iva-Cahill-JT-Azpi

Rami-Lamps

Willian-Oscar-Hazard

Eto'o

That's why I'm pessimistic about this match.

Can't see any reason why Shurrle shouldn't get the nod ahead of Willian. He has been in top form lately and would do a world of good to keep going especially in big matches.

Not at all, just not protected enough. Schalke were all over our middle of the park in the first half.

That's up Jose to make it so, but our defence is looking very strong. Yes Luiz made a mistake against Cardiff but let's not get washed up in that, against Schalke we looked solid as a rock and whilst they had a lot of possession in the center of the field they still struggled to break us down.

If people are going to sign from the roof tops about City then do it about us too, as right now we are playing really well.