OneMoSalah

Its amazing that people still think Midfield is about power. Wake up, its not 2006 anymore, Ess-Maka-Lampard is not the way to go anymore in football.

Koke-Matic-Cesc would be amazing, our chance to reduse the gap significantly from Bayern, Barcelona and Real.

Not only that, i hope it will end the days of us getting bullied in midfield against lesser opposition.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are discussing if Koke would fit in or not. In the future. How on earth could I prove it? This conversation is theoretical, I don't know what kind of proof you expect.

I've watched Atleti a lot recently and I just can't see that he would solve our problems. De Bruyne, Salah or Mata are all talented as hell but we failed to take advantage of it. Oscar is also underperforming here and I think Koke might have the same issue.

Mata does not have half the workrate needed to be a regular in a jose team.

I am not even going to compare koke with the likes of oscar and salahahahahhahahaha.

Kdb was not given a fait chance. Its wrong to say he did not work in jose's system.

Ok, now I get it. You've made some good points. But honestly, after thinking about it, I'd nod the idea of kicking Cesc out in favour of Koke.

Are you content with Fabregas' performances so far? Because, in my opinion, he tends to disappear in more important games and it's not a coincidence. It's been like that during his staying 3 year staying in Barcelona as well. Year after year, he started off brilliantly but eventually ended up as a disappointment. All Barca fans were fed up with this guy and I'm curious to hear your opinion, although there's still a few months till the season ends.

I didn't write about Cesc because I can't see Mourinho dropping him, I think we'll sign someone next to him not to replace him.

Its amazing that people still think Midfield is about power. Wake up, its not 2006 anymore, Ess-Maka-Lampard is not the way to go anymore in football.

Koke-Matic-Cesc would be amazing, our chance to reduse the gap significantly from Bayern, Barcelona and Real.

PSG for example got the midfield some of you want - Motta (Matic), Verrati (Cesc), Matudi (as the storng CM you want). With that midfield, PSG would never compete with Bayern and Barca. Its all about talent, touch on the ball, keeping possession and quick passing. It will be sad if we'll try to imitate our midfield from 2005+ cause will continue to park the bus against the top teams, and probably lose.

Essien-Maka-Lamps midfield would destroy ours right now.

I think Mourinho would give his left nut to get Koke. Such a Mourinho player; tackles, work-ethic and creativity, he's got the lot. I'd believe the story that he went for him before Cesc, but sometimes players just don't want to move or have their hearts somewhere else. Undoubtedly José will be in for him if he ever even smells a 1% chance. Maybe fund it through an Oscar sale? One can dream...

I've pretty much ruled out Koke joining in my head, because I think he'll join Barca if he decides to leave Atletico. But Barca's transfer ban offers some hope. Offering Atletico serious money, with Costa, Courtois and Luis here (as well as Cesc and Azpi), he could very well want to join.

Watching him yesterday reminded me how much I'd love him to see him in Chelsea colours. He's the ideal player to join Fabregas and Matic in midfield. I don't know where this Koke the playmaker comes from, but whatever. All-action, tenacious, incredible energy, offering a lot on both ends of the pitch with his astute tactical awareness. A real warrior, a champions I'd even say. He definitely has the potential to become one. And he's deceptively strong for a guy his size. Not close to Essien level or anything but definitely a similarity there.

But he combines the quality he provides off the ball with plenty on the ball. Not a technical marvel but his technique is more than solid. His touch and his passing are both at the level you want to see in a quality centre midfielder at a top side. You won't see him struggle to control any ball played to him or need too many touches, neither does he lose the ball cheaply under pressure. His crossing and set-piece delivery being his major strength and among the best in the game. He doesn't possess the quickest feet or the ability to turn directions with great speed, so you won't see him skipping past challenges a la Modric. Overall he's not so much about the flash or personal highlights. But he knows his own limitations and is clever in possession. Very capable of moving the ball around intelligently, offering a good range of passing and good positional play. He needs to work on scoring more goals though. But at his age, I still can't believe he just turned 23, these are areas in which he'll continue to grow as he gains experience. Same goes for his consistency. He's not at that level to call him a bonafide elite midfielder yet, but he's very close. He's not the type to disappear, his presence is practically always felt.

I honestly don't think Fabregas is capable of being the midfield boss. He has too many limitations to carry the midfield, he definitely needs support. And Koke would be my number #1 target to be his partner.

I've pretty much ruled out Koke joining in my head, because I think he'll join Barca if he decides to leave Atletico. But Barca's transfer ban offers some hope. Offering Atletico serious money, with Costa, Courtois and Luis here (as well as Cesc and Azpi), he could very well want to join.

First, let me say, fantastic piece of read for a guy, like me, who doesn't watch much of La Liga, due to TV restriction here. So, cheers!

Second, why so(the quote)? I doubt Atletico would want to sell, even to Barca, mainly because, if they want a shot at challenging/winning La Liga, than selling their best players to a rival for that position would be a kick in the ankle, would it not?

He doesn't seem to have a problem playing in a more "bus" style of play, when needed, and already turned down the chance to join Barca, once. I have faith we can land Koke, and to be fair, I'd much rather him to Pogba, but that is only depending on the price. 50 mil. euro compared to 80 is something I'd prefer Chelsea to do. May not be the same quality, but I still firmly believe, like you, Koke can be a huge success here. Cheers, pal. :)

First, let me say, fantastic piece of read for a guy, like me, who doesn't watch much of La Liga, due to TV restriction here. So, cheers!

Second, why so(the quote)? I doubt Atletico would want to sell, even to Barca, mainly because, if they want a shot at challenging/winning La Liga, than selling their best players to a rival for that position would be a kick in the ankle, would it not?

He doesn't seem to have a problem playing in a more "bus" style of play, when needed, and already turned down the chance to join Barca, once. I have faith we can land Koke, and to be fair, I'd much rather him to Pogba, but that is only depending on the price. 50 mil. euro compared to 80 is something I'd prefer Chelsea to do. May not be the same quality, but I still firmly believe, like you, Koke can be a huge success here. Cheers, pal. :)

Even though they won the league last season, Atletico lacks the financial power to really challenge Barca and Real. Transfers to Real are too sensitive, but selling players to Barca is something they won't stop as far as I know.

Koke also said he was close to moving to Barca and wanted to go, but decided against it at the end. Atletico being his boyhood club and all. So I think if it were a choice between Chelsea and Barca, he would pick Barca. That's why the summer window offers a chance of getting him.

Koke is better than Pogba imo. But Pogba has a very high ceiling, maybe higher than Koke. Though I'm not sure of that at all. There's just a 1 year difference between the two. Pogba is a lot more popular because he's more exciting to watch.

Even though they won the league last season, Atletico lacks the financial power to really challenge Barca and Real. Transfers to Real are too sensitive, but selling players to Barca is something they won't stop as far as I know.

Koke also said he was close to moving to Barca and wanted to go, but decided against it at the end. Atletico being his boyhood club and all. So I think if it were a choice between Chelsea and Barca, he would pick Barca. That's why the summer window offers a chance of getting him.

Koke is better than Pogba imo. But Pogba has a very high ceiling, maybe higher than Koke. Though I'm not sure of that at all. There's just a 1 year difference between the two. Pogba is a lot more popular because he's more exciting to watch.

One thing where Koke beats Pogba is the attitude.

Koke to me seems like an Azpilicueta character where he don't attract too much attention but do their job efficiently.

Need more of this and less of the divas.

Ahh, but now comes the question of replacement or supplement of/to Fabregas?

Hi friend!

Yes. That is the question.

To me Fabregas has to be our compass, but it is true that the second part of the season of Fabregas generate me doubts.

I Do not know, but I have the feeling that Jose in big games places Fabregas in the position of pure midfielder with Matic to have better output of balloon from behind. But this strategy has failed.

That is why I think we need Koke, to place Koke next to Matic as pure midfielder with Fabregas in the position of n. 10. In that way we would have a better circulation of balloon from behind to not getting stuck being very predictable as has happened to us this year in big games.

To me it is better paddle with two great players in midfield (Fabregas, Koke) than just one.

And when we want to play differently or give rest to Fabregas, we can put Koke as n. 10. and Ramires, RLC or a signing as a pure midfielder.

Option 1.

Koke Matic

Fabregas

Option 2.

Ramires or RLC Matic

Koke

Regards.

Of course he is. Jose would sign several Atletico players if given the chance.

Not to me. seems slow and doesn't really recycle possession as well as our current midfielders... He gets after it but what role do you give him in our squad? if its 4-3-3 he's not fast enough to play next to Matic and Cesc.

Just my opinion but he doesn't strike me as a Jose player and especially for the fee.

In my opinion Koke is a player-made to play with Jose Mourinho.

A perfect upgrade for Fabregas.

I hope he can be with us next season.

Regards.

If he's in place of Fabregas then you may be onto something but not with Fabregas if you ask me. Too much money on the bench.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You