OneMoSalah

Why? Because my opinion is different yours?

Atleti works well as a team but I don't think Turan THAT great.

Koke is outstanding, very talented, but I'm not sure if he'd fit in. I think we should rahter buy a CM(Pogba or Gomes) and switch to 4-3-3.

oh well.. :rolleyes:

no problem. u can have your "opinion" about turan

as for koke. i have not just said that its my opinion, but also why that is my "opinion". where as al you have done is stated your "opinion" which is "koke would not fit in"

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh well.. :rolleyes:

no problem. u can have your "opinion" about turan

as for koke. i have not just said that its my opinion, but also why that is my "opinion". where as al you have done is stated your "opinion" which is "koke would not fit in"

Damn, why are you so passive agressive? We are just talking about football, don't take my word as offense.

I think Koke would have the same problems here: he wouldn't get enough creative freedom. Oscar and Willian have problems with this. That's why I think we should sign a powerful CM instead.

This is my opinion, my point of view. Of course you can disagree but please answer in a more "friendly" way, it's not war.

Damn, why are you so passive agressive? We are just talking about football, don't take my word as offense.

I think Koke would have the same problems here: he wouldn't get enough creative freedom. Oscar and Willian have problems with this. That's why I think we should sign a powerful CM instead.

This is my opinion, my point of view. Of course you can disagree but please answer in a more "friendly" way, it's not war.

Koke is very much a 'powerful' CM and would fit into the team perfectly, even better than Fabregas imo (I have an opinion on this guy but it's a discussion for another day, I guess). He's got creativity, an eye for a through ball, while still working hard as a horse. With all space he'd get in the Premier Leauge, he'd just be another star player, like Alexis or Costa or most players coming from La Liga for that matter.

Koke is very much a 'powerful' CM and would fit into the team perfectly, even better than Fabregas imo (I have an opinion on this guy but it's a discussion for another day, I guess). He's got creativity, an eye for a through ball, while still working hard as a horse. With all space he'd get in the Premier Leauge, he'd just be another star player, like Alexis or Costa or most players coming from La Liga for that matter.

Do you think Koke and Cesc would work out?

I for one think that Koke would replace Cesc since Koke is a better version of Cesc is now.

i am taking offense cos you are taking 1 adding 1 to it and repeatedly coming up with 43.

we dont park the bus in majority of the games. infact except for city away, we did not "park the bus" in any game until the turn of the year.

city(h&a), psg(a), spurs(final), pool(league cup).. all in all you can count the number of games on your fingers in which we went with that mentality.

and then comes the point of the games, where we ARE parking the bus. koke is still better suited in that aspect of the game than oscar. moreover he has shown in the last 2 years, that he is more than just well suited.

having an opinion is fine but repeatedly iterating that opinion without any proof or argument is bordering on....

Do you think Koke and Cesc would work out?

I for one think that Koke would replace Cesc since Koke is a better version of Cesc is now.

Honestly, I think Chelsea would be better off with Koke replacing Cesc. As good as Fabregas is, he never delivers in the most important period of the season and he's just not a player that can take the game on his shoulders. Go watch the recent Spain-Netherlands game where Cesc's deficencies have been horribly exposed. Believe me, I followed him closely throughout his 3 year staying in Barcelona and he kept disappearing in the business part of the season while stat-padding against lesser teams in the first 4 or so months. I'm glad Barca got rid of him (although they didn't exactly manage to get a worthy replacement, I mean Rakitic is good but we should've gotten a more suitable player for our style and requirements).

having an opinion is fine but repeatedly iterating that opinion without any proof or argument is bordering on....

We are discussing if Koke would fit in or not. In the future. How on earth could I prove it? This conversation is theoretical, I don't know what kind of proof you expect.

I've watched Atleti a lot recently and I just can't see that he would solve our problems. De Bruyne, Salah or Mata are all talented as hell but we failed to take advantage of it. Oscar is also underperforming here and I think Koke might have the same issue.

By powerful I mean a big, strong midfielder like Ballack or Lampard. 4-3-3 with Fábregas and Koke in the midfield would be pretty weak, but having Matic + Gomes/Pogba + one smaller creative man(Fábregas) would be awesome.

By powerful I mean a big, strong midfielder like Ballack or Lampard. 4-3-3 with Fábregas and Koke in the midfield would be pretty weak, but having Matic + Gomes/Pogba + one smaller creative man(Fábregas) would be awesome.

Are you trying to imply that Koke is not strong? He's around 1.80m and really well-built. Also, he's a member of the Atletico rugby team. Definitely not a pushover...

I don't see a great physical difference between Gomes and Koke, in fact, for me Koke has a better physic than Gomes. For me Koke is a different type of player of Cesc, he is not a pure creative player, is a mixed between Creative and Physic, and a very good intelligence to play, this makes him a good player for our style, providing game creation and force in the middle.

If you want to strenghten our midfield, replace Oscar and Cesc with stronger, more balanced players, like Pogba, Koke etc. Midfield is as strong as its weakest link and having Cesc as key midfielder who is absolute piss under pressure is bad. Unless you have to Wanyamas around him who would be pushing opponents away from cesc. But thats not how fooball works...

Are you trying to imply that Koke is not strong? He's around 1.80m and really well-built. Also, he's a member of the Atletico rugby team. Definitely not a pushover...

Obviously I didn't mean that Koke is weak, but Hazard and David Silva are strong too. My point is that 4-3-3 would be more effective with two huge ass midfielders(Matic and Pogba/Andre Gomes). With Koke and Fábregas in 4-3-3 we'd have too many small(under 180) players in the team. Of course that shouldn't be necesseraly bad - Barcelona dominated world's football with many small players in their team - but it's not Chelsea-style. During Mourinho's first era we were kicking asses and dominating midfiled with power, that's what I expect now. Gomes(188) and Pogba(188) are very good at headers, which is useful by corners and free kicks. Pogba with Matic and a creative player would be perfect.

I know we had small midfielders like Essien and Makelele, but Koke is obviously not a DM. Fábregas, Koke, Hazard and Willian in the same 11 would not be stable enough.

I don't have any problem with Koke but I would only like to see him behind the striker.

Obviously I didn't mean that Koke is weak, but Hazard and David Silva are strong too. My point is that 4-3-3 would be more effective with two huge ass midfielders(Matic and Pogba/Andre Gomes). With Koke and Fábregas in 4-3-3 we'd have too many small(under 180) players in the team. Of course that shouldn't be necesseraly bad - Barcelona dominated world's football with many small players in their team - but it's not Chelsea-style. During Mourinho's first era we were kicking asses and dominating midfiled with power, that's what I expect now. Gomes(188) and Pogba(188) are very good at headers, which is useful by corners and free kicks. Pogba with Matic and a creative player would be perfect.

I know we had small midfielders like Essien and Makelele, but Koke is obviously not a DM. Fábregas, Koke, Hazard and Willian in the same 11 would not be stable enough.

I don't have any problem with Koke but I would only like to see him behind the striker.

Ok, now I get it. You've made some good points. But honestly, after thinking about it, I'd nod the idea of kicking Cesc out in favour of Koke.

Are you content with Fabregas' performances so far? Because, in my opinion, he tends to disappear in more important games and it's not a coincidence. It's been like that during his staying 3 year staying in Barcelona as well. Year after year, he started off brilliantly but eventually ended up as a disappointment. All Barca fans were fed up with this guy and I'm curious to hear your opinion, although there's still a few months till the season ends.

Bring in koke who is 178 and also loftus cheek who is over 190

Ok, now I get it. You've made some good points. But honestly, after thinking about it, I'd nod the idea of kicking Cesc out in favour of Koke.

Are you content with Fabregas' performances so far? Because, in my opinion, he tends to disappear in more important games and it's not a coincidence. It's been like that during his staying 3 year staying in Barcelona as well. Year after year, he started off brilliantly but eventually ended up as a disappointment. All Barca fans were fed up with this guy and I'm curious to hear your opinion, although there's still a few months till the season ends.

Let's see until the end of the season, eh? His decline only began when he got that hammy injury from JT. Maybe he might recover, damn you Del Bosque for not resting him :rant:

Hazard must be rested soon. I fear he will get burned out, just look at the way Liverpool fear Sterling'll get burned out, they even manipulate Roy into resting him in the international break. Why can't we do this to Wilmots lol?

Its amazing that people still think Midfield is about power. Wake up, its not 2006 anymore, Ess-Maka-Lampard is not the way to go anymore in football.

Koke-Matic-Cesc would be amazing, our chance to reduse the gap significantly from Bayern, Barcelona and Real.

PSG for example got the midfield some of you want - Motta (Matic), Verrati (Cesc), Matudi (as the storng CM you want). With that midfield, PSG would never compete with Bayern and Barca. Its all about talent, touch on the ball, keeping possession and quick passing. It will be sad if we'll try to imitate our midfield from 2005+ cause will continue to park the bus against the top teams, and probably lose.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You