• Lampard
    • Oscar
    • Ramires
    • Hazard
    • Torres
    • Mata (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

Undeserved red card? Be serious, he could have gotten a straight red with his first yellow. You simply don't grab an opponent like that. Other than that he was good. Just point the rational over the emotional.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a stunning 2nd half. Torres was like the Torres of old, he actually looks like he will do something with the ball when he gets it and still proves that he has pace. If he can just learn to shoot a bit more, he'll be a real player again. The red card was an absolute joke and i hope Vertonghen gets panned for what he did by everyone.

We still need to learn how to score goals though. The 2nd half was like Everton, attack,attack,attack yet it took a set piece to score the goal. I can only wonder what we could be like if we were potent up front.

Mata was also fantastic when he came on. Along with the tempo change, he helped changed the game. We woulda won it if Torres was stayed on the pitch. Was a real shame but i was so happy with the performance and the desire shown. Was happy with the result in the end too because if they'd won it late, it woulda been a catastrophe.

Torres MOTM ?

He should have had a red card after his first attack on Vertonghen.

Pretty lame reaction of Mourinho after the game to blame Vertonghen.

Torres had one stupid moment. Vertongen was an absolute cunt all match. Actually I watched their match against Villa, so make that all week.

Torres had one stupid moment. Vertongen was an absolute cunt all match. Actually I watched their match against Villa, so make that all week.

He is also a criminally over-rated defender. He is basically the exact version of what the media try and portrait Luiz as.

Totally agree, and I agree with Jose, that Vertongen should not have been playing in that game. The shocking indignity he brought upon Nicklas Helenius by pulling his pants down, I could not believe he didnt get send off for that. Then all game yesterday he is carrying on, and the first booking was a joke, when you rewatch it Torres didnt even touch him, he was a mile away and then fell down. It was pathetic, then when they both jumped, he actually was pushing Torres, he had his shirt and was dragging him down. It was disgusting. I knew it was coming, Mike Dean was such an embarrasment again yesterday, he always seems to engineer results. This new thing they have where they show the manager or a player something on a tv screen. They should drag the ref's out and say

"...are you f***** blind, how was that a foul?

"...why did you not send Vertongen off aswell then, he was screaming at Torres in the first tackle when he didnt actually touch him??"

"...how was that a red card, when Vertongen was actually holding Torres's shirt pulling him down?"

Aside from that we played ok, odd the back was a bit slack in the first half, which is usally where we are most solid. I thought Torres played really well and was great to see him starting. I don't for a minute not think that Dean wanted to embarras him and Jose. For some people to be saying it is like Suarez biting Ivan, is a joke. He touched his face, big deal get over, I have seen far worse, in Scottish League One, i tell you go unpunished.

Ah well at least we got a draw, based on the results elsewhere particularly Utd vs West Brom. All this chosen on nonsense, if you had asked those same fans a year ago if they would CHOOSE Moyes, they would have laughed in your face.

Even though we probably should have won that game, I am happy with the point because it proved that we are ready for battle in what will probably turn out to be a difficult season.

Picking up a point away to Spurs and United when we're still building a team is a pretty nice start in all honesty, especially when you look at a team like City losing at Cardiff and Villa.

I seem to be writing this in every post now but some people need to be a bit more patient with the development of this team, and a little bit more realistic with what they expect from Jose and his team.

Even though we probably should have won that game, I am happy with the point because it proved that we are ready for battle in what will probably turn out to be a difficult season.

And being above both Manchester clubs while already playing united, Everton and Tottenham away is not bad at all.

Picking up a point away to Spurs and United when we're still building a team is a pretty nice start in all honesty, especially when you look at a team like City losing at Cardiff and Villa.

I seem to be writing this in every post now but some people need to be a bit more patient with the development of this team, and a little bit more realistic with what they expect from Jose and his team.

This post is 100% spot on, perspective is needed and I feel after a ref once again bowing to crowd and player reaction a point was gained and not two lost on Saturday, especially looking at United and City's results.

They clearly targeted Hazard and Torres on Saturday. Hazard was fouled 3 or 4 times by Walker alone in the first half and at least two or three times more by others.The referee, and as they generally seem to be doing this season, took a lenient approach at first.

Then as soon as he gets the first card out, he goes into 'frenzy' and starts booking every other foul. Mike Dean the drama-queen then does what he does best, makes a big decision (only that he gets a fair few incorrect) that changes the pattern of the game.

Poor first half from an attacking perspective from us, miles better in the second half. Good, quick, forward movements of the ball combined with a solid Ramires, Lampard base. Suspect I will get pelters from Mikel's fans, but as soon as he was subbed we looked a more positive team, and didn't suffer defensively or in terms of ball retention because of it.

No surprise to me that our two most positive halves of football this season have come with Mikel off the pitch - 1st Half v Hull and 2nd Half on Saturday.