Chelsea 1-2 Basel

Jase

Man of the Match  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

So you're saying that Van Ginkel isn't a goal threat because of the way Jose has used him in competitive games for CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB, but you're judging Josh by a completely different criteria because he hasn't been picked by Jose in a competitive game for CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB?

That seems unfair....CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB.

well mvg would not be better in attacking tham lamps/rambo/essien because whenever he was deployed in the pivot with any of these names, it was mvg who was the DM. thats goes to say a lot about his attacking prowess does not it.

oh anyways i forget, we just like to exaggerate every youngster that plays for us. for eg- mvg is as good a DLP as modric, right? or chalobah deserves a place in the team etc etc..

how am i judging josh on a different criteria? seen him play under ancelotti, seen him play carling cup games, even a CL game (which we won, by the way). and hence i can say he offers more than mvg.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post absolutely stinks of 'Don't fight me I am harder than you'.....seriously mate he's trying to have a debate with you and you roll out this drivel.

Your choice of words over the last day or so have just completely stank this place out towards other people.

It's not that at all. It's more a case of 'don't comment on a player's ability when you've seen him play one competitive match'. In fact I thought that was pretty obvious.

As for my choice of words, if they upset or offend you then put me on ignore. If you want to have a pop at me do it over PM. Stop piping up and moaning like a hysterical old woman whenever I reply to a post, ok?

well mvg would not be better in attacking tham lamps/rambo/essien because whenever he was deployed in the pivot with any of these names, it was mvg who was the DM. thats goes to say a lot about his attacking prowess does not it.

Again, you're talking about the way he was used in ONE competitive game.

oh anyways i forget, we just like to exaggerate every youngster that plays for us. for eg- mvg is as good a DLP as modric, right? or chalobah deserves a place in the team etc etc..

He isn't as good as Modric, and they're very different players right now. Nat I believe does deserve a shot at a spot.

how am i judging josh on a different criteria? seen him play under ancelotti, seen him play carling cup games, even a CL game (which we won, by the way). and hence i can say he offers more than mvg.

Because you're judging Josh on the way he was used under other managers, even at other teams but not affording Van Ginkel the same criteria. You said yourself you've only seen him play one competitive game, but from that you decided to imply I was high.

That just seems unfair....CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB.

Writing us off after one game....implying our players don't have the metal (sic).

Support this team, not just when it's easy but when it's tough. I swear some people just want success handed to them on a plate without having to suffer even a little bit for it.

oh i forgot. chelsea win matches just because TOPTB supports them no matter what. seems like u r having an off day and just wanna vent your frustration. first in the mou thread and now here. just trying to wind different people and trolling everywhere,,, right?

as for our CL campaign, i am not saying anything that is not possible. i can see us winning against schalke no matter what (in germany), we have already lost to steau (or whatever they are spelled), and have been outplayed by them for 135 minutes out of 180. as for the basel away game, things are not looking rosy., right?

It's not that at all. It's more a case of 'don't comment on a player's ability when you've seen him play one competitive match'. In fact I thought that was pretty obvious.

As for my choice of words, if they upset or offend you then put me on ignore. If you want to have a pop at me do it over PM. Stop piping up and moaning like a hysterical old woman whenever I reply to a post, ok?

You have asked someone to meet you face to face and choose to use the words 'pick a fight' over an internet debate when it's quite clear it is only a debate.

Like said earlier, I think you have an agenda and a real chip on your shoulder, you never used to be like this and seem to have turned into some angry troubled individual in the last week or so.

That's it from me, I won't put you ignore because I am not 7 years old, I will just choose to ignore your posts because they are either angry words having a go at someone that doesn't agree with your opinion or you want to fight them.

Have a good day, and apologies mods for taking this off topic.....I'm out!!!

This post absolutely stinks of 'Don't fight me I am harder than you'.....seriously mate he's trying to have a debate with you and you roll out this drivel.

Your choice of words over the last day or so have just completely stank this place out towards other people.

what else do u expect out of TOPTB? i would have been suprised if this was the first time he had shown that attitude.

oh i forgot. chelsea win matches just because TOPTB supports them no matter what. seems like u r having an off day and just wanna vent your frustration. first in the mou thread and now here. just trying to wind different people and trolling everywhere,,, right?

as for our CL campaign, i am not saying anything that is not possible. i can see us winning against schalke no matter what (in germany), we have already lost to steau (or whatever they are spelled), and have been outplayed by them for 135 minutes out of 180. as for the basel away game, things are not looking rosy., right?

No, we win games and EXIST because Chelsea supporters SUPPORTED this club long before you and I existed. Those guys dug deep when it wasn't easy because they loved this club, and now people like you come along and write off our chances after one fucking game.

Sorry, but certain people rub me the wrong way so I'm going to point that out to them. If you don't like it put me on ignore.

Your choice of words are inappropriate, for months. Therefore, folks in here do not want to respond to you, but somehow you consistently troll people here.

Again, you're talking about the way he was used in ONE competitive game.

He isn't as good as Modric, and they're very different players right now. Nat I believe does deserve a shot at a spot.

Because you're judging Josh on the way he was used under other managers, even at other teams but not affording Van Ginkel the same criteria. You said yourself you've only seen him play one competitive game, but from that you decided to imply I was high.

That just seems unfair....CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB.

one competitive game and 7 pre-season games give a fair indication of how jose sees him. he has not used mvg as the attacking pivoter in any of the games. that should be a pretty clear indicator towards his "goal threat". i would like to have jose's word over urs.

one competitive game and 7 pre-season games give a fair indication of how jose sees him. he has not used mvg as the attacking pivoter in any of the games. that should be a pretty clear indicator towards his "goal threat". i would like to have jose's word over urs.

Again, we're talking about the goal threat they both offer, and I'm basing that on the EXACT same criteria for both - what they've shown over their short careers and the skills they both possess (in my view).

You're using different criteria for both (one competitive game for Van Ginkel and a 3-4 year period in Josh's case). if you can't see why that isn't fair then we'll just have to agree to disagree, but please note that I wasn't the one who came in and called someone else high for their views.

What happened subsequently was unnecessary so apologies if anyone is upset I took it off-topic. Anyone who has a problem with me can just PM me rather than fucking up threads.

No, we win games and EXIST because Chelsea supporters SUPPORTED this club long before you and I existed. Those guys dug deep when it wasn't easy because they loved this club, and now people like you come along and write off our chances after one fucking game.

Sorry, but certain people rub me the wrong way so I'm going to point that out to them. If you don't like it put me on ignore.

so i am not supporting? or does supporting mean to simply say, i think we ll end up with 15 points in the CL and then butt-fuck RM, barca and bayern in CL. also i think we ll finish with 109 points in PL and win COC and FA cup. and now according to your logic i am the best fan ever, right?

supporting a club means accepting all that is wrong, bad along with the awesome and the good. i do that, instead of being delusional.

So you're saying that Van Ginkel isn't a goal threat because of the way Jose has used him in competitive games for CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB, but you're judging Josh by a completely different criteria because he hasn't been picked by Jose in a competitive game for CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB?

That seems unfair....CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB.

Why are we debating goal threat for a DM. It is a crazy discussion.

so i am not supporting?

Keep it to PMs. Shouldn't have taken it off-topic.

Why are we debating goal threat for a DM. It is a crazy discussion.

Because the discussion was about what each player offers. Both are probably more creative and attacking than a Javi Martinez so we're not discussing them in terms of being a purely destructive player.

At least that's my view.

i don't see what MvG offers that Josh doesn't

our transfer policy is a farce

remember that transfer embargo we had put on us over the deal for Kakuta!

We should have one right now... for making stupid last minute deals.. (a la Lukaku)

Were we really benefitting much from JT's leadership on Saturday?

Right now we're building a team, and with that we're waiting for leaders to emerge. I think as soon as the team starts to gel then these leaders will emerge, although we desperately need one in the double pivot. Maybe rather than loaning out Nat Chalobah we could actually give him a shot.

A little better than was shown last night, I think.

Team building and both individual and collective poor performances can be part of the 'forming' process and are understandable. Lack of drive, enthusiasm and effort are not acceptable, it looked to me as though there were people hiding in the second half yesterday.

It's not a time to throw young Nathaniel in right now, it might do him more harm than good. I've watched him twice this season and he's not been performing as well as he did last. The lad Clifford and John Swift have outperformed him thus far. Now if this is due to him wanting a loan and letting his standards slip it doesn't bode well. Might be a blip in form though. The lad we took from West Brom - Isaiah Brown looks a prospect and he's a forward but far too green as yet, unfortunately.

I mostly agree, but let's be fair, if at 1-0, while we're having our best spell of the game and missing chances for fun, Jose brings on JT for Cahill, it would have been called a "Benitez-substitution".

Benitez wasn't always wrong though, just as Jose isn't always right.

Keep it to PMs. Shouldn't have taken it off-topic.

Because the discussion was about what each player offers. Both are probably more creative and attacking than a Javi Martinez so we're not discussing them in terms of being a purely destructive player.

At least that's my view.

Still, they are DM. Any goal threat is a bonus. Nobody will judge DM based on their scoring numbers.

Totally agree. The knee jerk reactions are comical.

It was a woeful performance against Basel but a very similar Chelsea team beat them last season over two legs so writing off our chances of winning away is just plain stupidity. We have strengthened our squad over the summer, not weakened it.

Too many fans expect an easy ride which is perplexing in itself considering it is never easy with Chelsea, especially in the last 4 or 5 seasons. People will be calling for Rafa to be brought back next.