Jase

Man of the Match  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could of sign Khedira for £15m, De Rossi for £11m, Witsel for £30-£40m and a striker like Cavani/Falcao for £50m but eventually we miss out on them all and decided to sign MVK and Eto'o. Mean while Cavani and Falcao are scoring for fun atm. Sometime you really get what you paid for.

Is this worth it if your free striker scores 2 goals in 10 matches compared to a £50m striker who has scored 5 goals in 6 games and will probably get 15-20 goals by Feb next year?

This is what happen when you are being cheap. If we didn't sign Schurrle and Willian we would have got £48m left that we could use to sign Falcao/Cavani.

We brought a £50 million striker and look how that materialised. I agree about our weakness in the 'pivot' position (personally I think we should play Oscar alongside Mikel/Ramires in that role) but spending more and more money isn't the only solution.

I'm fed up of people complaining about our multiple weaknesses every time we lose a football match. We have more than enough pedigree in every position to be competing in every competition this year. It's just about finding the right balance and galvanising the team, and I'm confident Jose can do that.

We usually have a good start to the season and everything goes tits up in November. Perhaps we're having a blip earlier this year.

I wrote that based on their short careers that Van Ginkel offers a greater goal threat. I stand by that.

Can you explain why that must make me on a high?

i have seen josh play for middlesborough, and for chelsea when he was 17. josh even at that age offered far more goal threat than mvg. mvg is more physical and a better cm for a pivot, but it seems so unfair on josh to say that he offers lesser goal threat than a player who must have put in about 10% of his passes in the forward direction, had a touch so bad in the last and only match that he could have been yellowed twice while trying to get the ball back.

does that explain it? to say mvg offers more goal threat than josh is criminal because mvg offers NO THREAT. he dint in any of the pre-season matches, or his 5 min sub performance or yesterday. meanwhile i remember josh controlling the tempo of one of his only games in pre-season and completely bossed in his short performance.

Well guys, this is the reason why signing a "quality" striker and a CDM was paramount for us in the summer... we didn't do that, and look at the results.

Yes we have Eto'o, but you take one look at how he played tonight and it's not quality.. age has caught up to him.. he's not the player he once was, and he was the only available option because we weren't ruthless enough to sign either Cavani or Falcao, and Moyes didn't let us have Rooney.

And as for Torres... :banghead:

Every season that passes, we just get worse and worse.. I hope Mourinho puts things right before this club is further damaged..

..I still trust him!

KTBFFH

Time for some drastic measures in he winter transfers.

Offloading Ba and gettin Jackson Martinez and maybe even a classy CM too.

Serious question and forgetting tactically about why we performed badly.

Where was the drive and leadership throughout the second-half. You didn't need to be a tactical genius to see that the 1-0 lead was fragile and you would have expected to see some rallying together, communication and an organiser. A job John Terry has performed admirably for 10 seasons.

I saw nobody doing that, in my experience you can play badly/poorly, but as long as you have a leader on the pitch allied with quality footballers you can get away with most poor performances'. Lacked on field leadership and organisation last night, as well as width.

I mostly agree, but let's be fair, if at 1-0, while we're having our best spell of the game and missing chances for fun, Jose brings on JT for Cahill, it would have been called a "Benitez-substitution".

i don't see what MvG offers that Josh doesn't

our transfer policy is a farce

MVG is better defensively (well usually he is, although he wasn't yesterday), but Josh is better on the ball and in his reading of the game. I think the "deal-breaker" is MVG's strength and physical ability as compared to Josh.

i have seen josh play for middlesborough, and for chelsea when he was 17. josh even at that age offered far more goal threat than mvg. mvg is more physical and a better cm for a pivot, but it seems so unfair on josh to say that he offers lesser goal threat than a player who must have put in about 10% of his passes in the forward direction, had a touch so bad in the last and only match that he could have been yellowed twice while trying to get the ball back.

does that explain it? to say mvg offers more goal threat than josh is criminal because mvg offers NO THREAT. he dint in any of the pre-season matches, or his 5 min sub performance or yesterday. meanwhile i remember josh controlling the tempo of one of his only games in pre-season and completely bossed in his short performance.

So you're basing your view of MVG on just his Chelsea career?

I would love Josh to kick on and be the player we hoped he would be but I think your view on their respective qualities are misguided.

And I managed that without implying you must be high.

Mour is playing v.Ginkel as the most defensive player in the pivot. There is little way he could be a goal threat(ask Mikel), but Josh, if used in the pivot, will be the other midfielder in the pivot. He obviously will offer a better goal threat. Josh is more like Lamps than v.Ginkel, but the need of the hour is a world class player at CDM role cause we already have Rambo/Lamps to play as CM.

Would like to judge Josh if he gets a tart against Swindon. There's no way he's playing in the PL this season.

Avram Grant insists Chelsea have the best squad in the Premier League - and claims they have the quality to turn around their poor early season form.

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-grant-chelsea-have-talent-turn-around-poor-form-13091960687

Andy Gray believes Jose Mourinho made a major mistake in loaning out Romelu Lukaku after seeing Chelsea slip to a second successive defeat.

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-gray-tells-mourinho-you-blundered-letting-lukaku-leave-13091960652

So you're basing your view of MVG on just his Chelsea career?

I would love Josh to kick on and be the player we hoped he would be but I think your view on their respective qualities are misguided.

And I managed that without implying you must be high.

so because mikel scored awesome goals for nigeria going past 3 defenders and all, i am supposed to say he is a goal threat? mvg is played as a DM here. for CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB, mvg is no goal threat. jose is using him in that sense. josh on the other hand is far better attacking option and will be used as such. my view is not misguided at all. its only fair.

Mour is playing v.Ginkel as the most defensive player in the pivot. There is little way he could be a goal threat(ask Mikel), but Josh, if used in the pivot, will be the other midfielder in the pivot. He obviously will offer a better goal threat. Josh is more like Lamps than v.Ginkel, but the need of the hour is a world class player at CDM role cause we already have Rambo/Lamps to play as CM.

Would like to judge Josh if he gets a tart against Swindon. There's no way he's playing in the PL this season.

precisely my point. mikel may be great for nigeria but he has barely shown a thread of his "attacking prowess" for us. i have not seen mvg outside of chelsea, but off the 7 pre-season games , 5 min subs and yesterday's match, it safe to assume he is not much of a goal threat for us and is being used as such.

so because mikel scored awesome goals for nigeria going past 3 defenders and all, i am supposed to say he is a goal threat? mvg is played as a DM here. for CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB, mvg is no goal threat. jose is using him in that sense. josh on the other hand is far better attacking option and will be used as such. my view is not misguided at all. its only fair.

So you're saying that Van Ginkel isn't a goal threat because of the way Jose has used him in competitive games for CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB, but you're judging Josh by a completely different criteria because he hasn't been picked by Jose in a competitive game for CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB?

That seems unfair....CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB.

Wow zero points after a home game reads grim viewing. It won't be an easy ride with Steaua and Schalke, not a chance.

simply cant see us winning any of the away fixtures. our "kids" simply dont have the metal to grind out an away result. we cant even do that in PL, so CL is far off. the max number of points we are getting is 9.

so its upto basel to get 5 out of their remaining 4 fixtures (considering that we draw with them).

so for me its europa again.

simply cant see us winning any of the away fixtures. our "kids" simply dont have the metal to grind out an away result. we cant even do that in PL, so CL is far off. the max number of points we are getting is 9.

so its upto basel to get 5 out of their remaining 4 fixtures (considering that we draw with them).

so for me its europa again.

Writing us off after one game....implying our players don't have the metal (sic).

Support this team, not just when it's easy but when it's tough. I swear some people just want success handed to them on a plate without having to suffer even a little bit for it.

Oh, that explains a lot. So you thought you'd pick a fight with me despite not having seen Van Ginkel play in a competitive game before last night.

That seems perplexing.

This post absolutely stinks of 'Don't fight me I am harder than you'.....seriously mate he's trying to have a debate with you and you roll out this drivel.

Your choice of words over the last day or so have just completely stank this place out towards other people.