Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

I'd be happy to have him here. He'd obviously be on a reduced wage and would beour best ST option starting ahead of all 3 of our strikers. Obviously prefer Roo but IMO we need better quality than we have. Lukaku is a good player but he's not top level yet.

If we got him and managed to offload Torres then it would be perfect to be honest. It's not like he is 35 or 36.. he can still do the business but he is not young enough to hinder Lukaku's progression. Only problem is getting rid of Torres/Ba.

Oh getting rid of Ba is easy, if he was for sale now a host of clubs would line up to take him(small clubs of course) but Torres is move difficult, maybe a loan move to Valencia or something and we pay half of his wages.

Oh and Eto'o can still score guys, he done this 3 months ago

But I am still against his signing, it is Suarez/Rooney or bust.

Oh getting rid of Ba is easy, if he was for sale now a host of clubs would line up to take him(small clubs of course) but Torres is move difficult, maybe a loan move to Valencia or something and we pay half of his wages.

Oh and Eto'o can still score guys, he done this 3 months ago

But I am still against his signing, it is Suarez/Rooney or bust.

Why should we get rid of Ba when he hasn't had a full season to prove himself? He's already proved to score against top clubs, why can't we give him a chance? Or is sheer patience not a concept?

No one will buy Torres if he's not willing to take a pay cut. Best we just make the best with him until his contract expires

Why should we get rid of Ba when he hasn't had a full season to prove himself? He's already proved to score against top clubs, why can't we give him a chance? Or is sheer patience not a concept?

No one will buy Torres if he's not willing to take a pay cut. Best we just make the best with him until his contract expires

Why on EARTH would you want to keep him IF we sign a better player? Why does he deserves the time to prove himself? He had 6 months and he messed up his only chance, now in preseason he shows no promise what so ever. Yeah patience like Torres, that was some patience...

Then we keep him and Lukaku, sell Ba and signs Eto'o/Rooney/Suarez/Martinez or whoever.

Why on EARTH would you want to keep him IF we sign a better player? Why does he deserves the time to prove himself? He had 6 months and he messed up his only chance, now in preseason he shows no promise what so ever. Yeah patience like Torres, that was some patience...

Then we keep him and Lukaku, sell Ba and signs Eto'o/Rooney/Suarez/Martinez or whoever.

Because buying buying buying while we have suitable options in our disposal bears no reason.

Messed up his chance? He was quality on his debut and got us past United and tormented City. He's terrific at finding space and hasn't had a full season for us to even declare full judgement. Patience that is missing with a fans clarity spews glory hunting plastic mentality.

Oh, and Judging a player in preaseason.... Unbelievable.

Take a good hard look at yourself

Eto'o himself speaking today:

'There is only one Jose Mourinho. I have played under a lot of great coaches - but there is no other character in the game like Jose.

'He is one of the best coaches in the world - and we had a lot of success together at Inter Milan. I would like to have the chance to play under him again - because it is never boring when Jose is around.

'Of course Chelsea are a great team - and when we have all the offers on the table then I will discuss with my agent and see what my next step is.'

Sounds real to me...

'Of course Chelsea are a great team - and when we have all the offers on the table then I will discuss with my agent and see what my next step is.'

That could mean chelsea are a great team, when we have all the offers on the table, if chelsea are there, of course theyd be an option

I think the last part of having all the offers on the table kinda points to the fact that Chelsea have atleaast enquired.

No it doesn't. You have no idea what the question that he was replying to was. He was probably asked directly about Chelsea and said that they are a great, then he was asked about his future and said that he wants to wait and see what the offers are which basically is saying politely that he does not want to talk about speculations now.

These are exactly the type of answers that players are trained to give, jus like journos are trained to take them out of context to sell stories.