Bayern Munich v Chelsea

Jase

So you want our CF to focus to chase their wingers deep? And not to cause problems for the opposition defenders and perhaps score goals instead?

You make absolutley no sense what so ever.

PS: Schurrle was absolutley shit as CF.

So you want the wingers to penetrate our wings and cause problems for our full-backs who are providing width?

calm down. Schurrle has played as a second striker and as a central striker for Leverkusen. Yes in the Bundesliga. And yes scored goals as well. He isn't shit at CF. It depends on what your definition of CF is. Against United we didn't have a CF, we didn't have a false 9 either. We had a player who played the role of covering the flanks and coming deep to link the play.

Your definition of absolutely shit might also be just scoring goals. He's played one game there, give him a break. New role, and he tried fitting in. Did everything perfectly well except scoring a goal or setting up one. Lukaku didn't score against Villa when he came on either.

Anyway it depends on what Jose wants to do. If he wants to play smart and nullify the threat provided by Robben and Ribery, then Schurrle starts. Simple as that. if Jose is confident and cocky, he'll play an out-and-out striker to grab goals.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the off-topic guys, but is there someone who knows where the guys (Chelsea squad) will be staying in Prague? In wich hotel?

When they visited Sparta Prague, I heard the fans stayed in Yasmin or something hotel. Not sure though.

So you want the wingers to penetrate our wings and cause problems for our full-backs who are providing width?

calm down. Schurrle has played as a second striker and as a central striker for Leverkusen. Yes in the Bundesliga. And yes scored goals as well. He isn't shit at CF. It depends on what your definition of CF is. Against United we didn't have a CF, we didn't have a false 9 either. We had a player who played the role of covering the flanks and coming deep to link the play.

Your definition of absolutely shit might also be just scoring goals. He's played one game there, give him a break. New role, and he tried fitting in. Did everything perfectly well except scoring a goal or setting up one. Lukaku didn't score against Villa when he came on either.

Anyway it depends on what Jose wants to do. If he wants to play smart and nullify the threat provided by Robben and Ribery, then Schurrle starts. Simple as that. if Jose is confident and cocky, he'll play an out-and-out striker to grab goals.

First of all, read what I wrote again.

I said Schurrle was shit as CF, not that he is shit. That is referring to that game.

The fact that you want to start Schurrle up front when we got Lukaku on the bench is just mind-blowing. Can you tell me one thing that Schurrle did effectively?

In that game we won like 1/10 air duels from Cech's goal kicks for instance. Lukaku offers something we havent had in a while.

Anyway, I acually think Torres will start this and that Jose will use Lukaku as sub.

Schürrle

Hazard-Mata-KDB

Essien-Ramires

Cole-Terry-Luiz-Ivan

Cech

This would be my starting XI. I don't think that Lukaku is ready to face a team like Bayern.

But Schurrle up front is? :lol:

People are really starting to overstate this "Lukaku isn't ready" thing.

I'd love to see Jose trolling Bayern and playing all the starters from the final that are left. Just imagine the look on their faces if, for example, Bertrand was starting at LW again :lol:

Didier couldbe making a surprise appereance also! :ph34r:

First of all, read what I wrote again.

I said Schurrle was shit as CF, not that he is shit. That is referring to that game.

The fact that you want to start Schurrle up front when we got Lukaku on the bench is just mind-blowing. Can you tell me one thing that Schurrle did effectively?

In that game we won like 1/10 air duels from Cech's goal kicks for instance. Lukaku offers something we havent had in a while.

Anyway, I acually think Torres will start this and that Jose will use Lukaku as sub.

From CF I referred to as the one who started up front. From what I remember, Schurrle did. The role he was given out, he did perfectly well. He wasn't meant to attack and cause United's defense problems, but was meant to break down United's wing play and be able to link up with the three who were behind him on paper.

I didn't mean that. When we need to face a team where we need a forward who can cause opposition problems, rather than trying to counter the philosophy they apply, we need Lukaku or any kind off striker. Like we did against Villa. When we face a team, that is on par or if not better than us, then we need to make sure that we keep their strategy in control as well. Imagine Lukaku starts, our midfield won't be able to link up with him, he'll be all alone pressing on the two center-backs, while Robben combines with Lahm, and Ribery combines with Alaba, and they blow our defense apart to kingdom come. But hey, we started Lukaku. Let him score a hat-trick, and let Robben and Ribery score a brace each. 4-3. Makes sense, nay?

That kind of football, we won't see. The Stoke kind of way of punting balls forward, is Jose experimenting. He even once put Di Maria up front, against either Getafe or Levante upfront, in his first year, IIRC.

And yeah, I think Torres will start. He has a good relationship with finals.

Do u mind telling me what Schurrle offers as CF that Lukaku doesnt?

Absolutley stuipid. He was ready to score a hattrick against United with WBA, but not to face Bayern in a rather meaningless game. Oh the logic...

I rate Lukaku but the reason why i said he isn't ready for Bayern is because he hasn't started a single game. I really think you guys underrated Schürrle he did quite well vs United.

But Schurrle up front is? :lol:

People are really starting to overstate this "Lukaku isn't ready" thing.

Lukaku is a great player but i think he should have played more games to start vs Bayern. Did you really think Schürrle was bad vs United? If so please explain to me why he was bad.

Also, how is Essien capable of playing in the DP against Bayern?!

Lampard played 3 games in a row, as good as he is he still needs some rest imo.

Lukaku is a great player but i think he should have played more games to start vs Bayern. Did you really think Schürrle was bad vs United? If so please explain to me why he was bad.

He touched the ball only thirteen times in the first half. He was supposed to be used as a simple weapon to stretch our defence so Hazard could get into pockets of space. He was clueless at it and as a result we dominated possession and our defence was not stretched - we even pushed our full backs well forward and he could do nothing. He had no clue what he was doing and ended up being simply another line of defence. I was going to say it in Nish's analysis thread - but I'll say it here instead since I'm on it - Mourinho did not get it right - his tactics failed badly. You should hope he doesn't get it so wrong against Bayern.

^ completely disagree . He was one of the main reasons along with the defense due to which United couldn't score.

I know for a fact if you asked Mourinho in secrecy - did his tactics with Schurrle work, he'd tell you no. Watch the game again if you don't believe me.

He touched the ball only thirteen times in the first half. He was supposed to be used as a simple weapon to stretch our defence so Hazard could get into pockets of space. He was clueless at it and as a result we dominated possession and our defence was not stretched - we even pushed our full backs well forward and he could do nothing. He had no clue what he was doing and ended up being simply another line of defence. I was going to say it in Nish's analysis thread - but I'll say it here instead since I'm on it - Mourinho did not get it right - his tactics failed badly. You should hope he doesn't get it so wrong against Bayern.

you are so delusional! LOOOL

Mourinho 1 Moyes 0

Enough Said.

I know for a fact if you asked Mourinho in secrecy - did his tactics with Schurrle work, he'd tell you no. Watch the game again if you don't believe me.

Did watch the game. 10 times, 11, if you count only the second half. no one knows what Mourinho had in his mind. As you said Hazard to drop into pockets, could be far from correct. Schurrle doesn't need to do that. That's what a false 9 usually does. Just cause he's a midfielder, people tend to believe he is a false 9 cause he started in the #9 role. He did absolutely nothing a false 9 does. If there's anything about stretching defense done by Chelsea, then it was against Juventus. Hazard did to some extent, but we failed miserably. In the Bundesliga, whenever Schurrle's played as the forward, he's mainly used to disrupt play, especially in the flanks due to his immense work-rate. That's why he was chosen against United, to break down what happened on either flanks. If he was indeed used to stretch the defense, then it would be stretched inward, not towards the sides. However his action area's point to the opposite.

nxli.png

Welbeck and Evra had problems dealing with him on their left.

He touched the ball only thirteen times in the first half. He was supposed to be used as a simple weapon to stretch our defence so Hazard could get into pockets of space. He was clueless at it and as a result we dominated possession and our defence was not stretched - we even pushed our full backs well forward and he could do nothing. He has no clue what he was doing and ended up being simply another line of defence. I was going to say it in Nish's analysis thread - but I'll say it here instead since I'm on it - Mourinho did not get it right - his tactics failed badly. You should hope he doesn't get it so wrong against Bayern.

The problem wasn't Schürrle it was the counterattacking moments that were ruined because we failed to make easy passes. Our pass to leave defensive areas was horrible.

The reason why Schürrle touched the ball only thirteen times is because he didn't get enough balls. You dominated possession because we failed to make easy passes.

Even Mourinho agrees with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owASMH6NcxQ

Go to 1:33

So if basically any one of you disagree with me you disagree with the Special One :D