• Bertrand
    • Luiz
    • Essien
    • Mikel
    • Mata
    • Torres
    • Ba

Loved how Cole stood up to that cunt Campagnaro

Never liked Campagnaro since that Napoli games, typical Italian defender always being a cunt! Was it him who tried to intercept that pass that eventually looped over him for Mata's goal in that 3-1 game in Naples or was it someone else? Would be fitting if it was him tbh.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never liked Campagnaro since that Napoli games, typical Italian defender always being a cunt! Was it him who tried to intercept that pass that eventually looped over him for Mata's goal in that 3-1 game in Naples or was it someone else? Would be fitting if it was him tbh.

He is an Argie you ignorant cunt.

By the way what happened between Cole and Campagnaro. And why did Campagnaro get red carded?

Nevermind, Googled it.

After reading the comments and finally seeing the game, my two cents:

* Moses was great! I loved his energy in the game -and was very involved in both goals. Great!

* I knew Van Ginkel was the real deal and he will propel himself into the first team, no doubt!

* It is a clear preseason gamewhere they try out stuff done in training. Hazard looks like he is feeling it a bit, lol! Though I found him decent enough (bit sluggish at times - he lacks that extra boost still)! Much more defensive work - some good moments but his forward play was on and off :-) I remember from his Lille time he needs games under his belt to find his 'speed' form. He seems to be in a tactical learning phase actually.

* So glad for Oscar. Awesome goal! faded away a bit in the second half. Very nice actions in the first though!

* Lukaku: I don't know what people expect, but he indeed have great movement and ran the channels. I think he is trying out running lines Mourinho instructed because his movement looks different from what I normally see him do. Thats a good thing. Add the ball against the post and freeing up space for the first goal + doing the backheel link up that put someone in(just outside) the box and create the penalty - So yes, I forgive him a few bad touches, it really wasn't that bad if you actually count the bad touches. This guy will come round just fine. Our striker did what he had to do - involved in both goals, hitting the post and occupying three CB's.

* Rami has just one setting - ALL OUT :-) You gotta love the guy for that!

*Mata took control of the game - running between the lines like he knows best. I expected that ... he will remain to impact this Chelsea squad I am sure! Excellent movement off the ball, something much underappreciated!

*Defense was ok, beside some beauty error (eg. the missed interception by Terry at the start of the second half). I get why Mou likes Ivanovic on RB - teambalance-wise but I kinda like Azpi's runs there in the second half. Cole did it on the left ... maybe two backs going forward is a bit much.

*Torres - not much to comment on really- I concentrated on his movement, but there was actually little channel movement from him, making us more narrow. Also, if he is our link-up man, we are properly fucked. I counted a lot of balls where he just 'defended' passing it far back , sometimes even playing a 'hospital ball' to a midfielder bringing him into trouble. Eg. around the 82.20 minute mark for a showcase event. Anyway, that deep back passing just pushes the tepo out of our attack.

On a tactical level I felt the high pressing was wonderfull! Also, the pivot movement was really fluid - giving cover and helping the conversion. If we perfect that and you add KDB and Schurrle ..... we are a deadly team! I don't know Mourinho as a manager like some on here, but it really strikes me that you can somehow feel the work that is been done behind the scenes on training. Love that!

My MOTM is Moses. I doubted with Van Ginkel - but Moses was instrumental for the goals too much to neglect.

The football stadiums here are mostly, if not all turf now. The maintenance is a lot cheaper with turf. The only stadiums that have grass are the college, baseball, and MLS stadiums. The college stadiums are for the most part in terrible locations. The baseball stadiums have to cover up the dirt in the infield. The MLS stadiums aren't big enough for these big clubs to come play in. I don't think there's a MLS stadium that could match the 40,000 that came out tonight to watch this match.

About the artificial turf: you must be thinking about the old artificial turf from 10+ years ago. The American turf is now great.

BS, no artificial turf is good enough for football games. Perhaps, the yanks may play baseball on it or whatever, but European football was meant to be played on grass.

Unbelievable that people thing lukaku had a shit game. If you're a lone striker playing against 3cb's you will almost definitly never get a lot of space and you willl be dubble marked all the time so what do you do

you create space for wingers and am's.

tire out your defenders

you put effort defenisivly

you run into the channels

Lukaku did all that. Solid game from him, anyone who says otherwise needs to watch some Serie A and see how hard it is when playing against 3-5-1's for strikers.

Motm: Moses

Runner up: Van ginkel

Van Ginkel the obvious choice for man of the match, he was everywhere! Moses close second though.

I've reserved my judgement thus far regarding Essien because to be honest the opponents in the Asia tour were a joke but last night was his first match against a half decent opposition and he still looked amazing. He could still be a great asset to the team if he stays fit and based on his performances in pre-season I want him to stay and fight for his place in the team. Been going on about wanting to sell him but I promise I'll be the first to eat the humble pie if he stays and plays even half as good as he once used to! Not saying he's back to his best or anything because we have to be realistic and accept the fact it's not happening but even a bad Essien can still be a useful player and due to his versatility an important part of the squad.

i don't remember but Campagnaro did get bullied in the 2nd leg then.

Rooney and we're set i think.

MVG-Ramires seems like a very good pivot like i thought, when the first word comes to mind is DYNAMISM, they are everywhere! Essien also looked very well with MVG in the second half, with his experience and confidence on the ball, also made some key passes to start attacks, something we havent seen from MVG till now but i think we will.

But we realy need Rooney to get to another level. The link up play is missing, the striker who could dribble and create for himself and others. The game we showed yesterday made me think that Rooney was always the right target. His control on the ball, his engine, pace, its perfect for our counter attacks and our "tiki taka" stye in the final third.

* So glad for Oscar. Awesome goal! faded away a bit in the second half. Very nice actions in the first though!

maybe it has something to do with the fact that he wasnt on the pitch :D

I had a brilliant time at the game last night. So exciting to see the squad in person. Prior to the match I was able to find their hotel and watch them depart for the stadium. It was truly something standing just a couple feet from Jose and the entire squad.

As far as the match goes, there really wasn't much to complain about. The red card absolutely killed the game which was the worst part about the whole experience. Moses played some of the best football he ever has in a Chelsea shirt which is highly encouraging. Van Ginkel and Ramires were both immense in midfield. MVG is a much bigger body in midfield than I originally thought when we made the signing. I think that makes a partnership with Ramires incredibly viable. Oscar's strike was phenominal, and felt a little extra special as I was wearing my Oscar jersey. Overall, the back 4 looked very solid and we were always a threat on the counter.

I can't wait for the season to kick off now that I've seen the team in person. Up the Chels!