• Mata
    • Torres
    • Ba

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Metlife Stadium is in East Rutherford, NJ. Home of the NY Giants and NY Jets. Everyone just calls it NY because everyone in the world knows NY. It's a million times easier and better to market something in NY than NJ.

It says NYC but it's in East Rutherford, New Jersey at Met Life Stadium as @Lukakuto Stamford pointed out.

To be fair unless you're from the US or are big sports fan you wouldn't know that the New York Giants (NFL) and the New York Jets (NFL) play their football at the Meadowlands which is in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Just a strange irony.

oh got it, mates.

I haven't read @LukakutoStamford's post when I wrote mine...

Thanks ;)

edit: match's replay is on and I'm watching it again :P

now I'll pay attention to the tactics :)

There are few positive things I've seen today that make me really happy and relieved for our new season.

squad depth. We were good in the first half and you looked to our bench and there were great options. If you think Mata is the regular and Oscar is the sub, and then add Schurrle and Kevin to the mix and I'm a happy girl

the double pivot with Ramires and van Ginkel was an amazing (and welcoming) surprise. I think one of our problems resides there and they showed that we can have the work rate - they tackled everything and some more; intercepted many balls and Marco adds so much quality in our transition (passing, penetration, carrying the ball). I'm yet to see if Marco can add the long pass, but I'll cover the depth in a bit

Mata completely changed the match. It seems like the team relaxed and played their football once he got in. The team depends - and trusts - quite a lot on him

We must pray for the striker position. There's no other option left. Whether we pray for a new signing and for Saint Mou to be able to fix the guys we have, it doesn't matter. They have different deficiencies and stronger sides will make it even more noticeable. It's worth mentioning Lukaku had two guys on him all the time and it's unlikely to happen in EPL so it might help him. Ba tries hard, but he just can't. Torres seems to want to prove to Mourinho he can... the problem is everyone knows he can't.

That under probability not a certainty

Looking good, I might say. As they say, bring on the next opponent. Hopefully, the pitch will be in better condition or is it another artificial one ?

Yes i saw that ... The turf thing. Slow as fuck those horrible things.

Yes i saw that ... The turf thing. Slow as fuck those horrible things.

That's not turf, that was grass that was put over the turf in Lucas Oil Stadium. If you have never played on turf before, then you do not know turf is a LOT faster than grass.