• Azpilicueta
    • Bertrand
    • Luiz
    • Essien
    • Mikel
    • Mata
    • Torres
    • Ba

We'll be facing AC Milan next in the semi final of this competition on 4th August (Sunday) in New York.

Some small correction, sir.

"Blues who will now face AC Milan in New Jersey on Sunday." according to chelseafc.com

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We still lack depth - but it already improved from last season.

Barbara, don't forget we didn't have KDB, Lampard and Schurrle today. These three will add so much to the squad depth.

Personally I think our squad is near perfect. Like I've said before on plenty occasions, Rooney and De Rossi and we're pretty much done. The latter isn't needed as much I feel but Rooney is a must in my opinion simply because he offers exactly what all of the other three strikers lack: the link up play ability to control the ball closely and bring others in to play.

I said a few times after the Asia tour games, we need to use MvG and Ramires in the pivot, they compliment each other so well and they can both switch roles. For a 20 or 21 year old Marco has a presence in midfield. He reminds me of Michael Ballack so much as in hes an round midfielder, capable of defending and attacking.

Barbara, don't forget we didn't have KDB, Lampard and Schurrle today. These three will add so much to the squad depth.

Personally I think our squad is near perfect. Like I've said before on plenty occasions, Rooney and De Rossi and we're pretty much done. The latter isn't needed as much I feel but Rooney is a must in my opinion simply because he offers exactly what all of the other three strikers lack: the link up play ability to control the ball closely and bring others in to play.

I did mention them ;) except Lamps.

I meant play depth, not squad depth (in that bullet). I mean, we need to make up for the lack of very fast wings with the deep play from the first/second third to the last third. I'm not a Rooney fan, but even I can concede he's an improvement from our options now. Probably better than the three of them together as I really don't rate Lukaku, Ba and Torres at all. Lukaku has tons of potential, but there are so many things he needs to work on his game to be useful against tough opposition... he will be very important to us in the future, but in the present, I think he's far from being ready. That doesn't mean he won't score some important goals already. I think he's great to change the match throughout it, but he isn't yet regular starting XI material imo.

Marko van ginkel was very good as usual, moses was magnificent.

Great goal from oscar. His energy and MVG's energy were missed in the 2nd half.

Hazard doesnt like friendlies

Ba and Lukaku's link up play :cry:

MVG-Ramires pivot looked great, but Ramires on the wing is still = -1

I've read an expression quite often on both matches, please help the English dummy and explain to her what you guys mean by "to run the channels".

A lot of people said Lukaku did that, but I have no idea what that means :blush:

I've read an expression quite often on both matches, please help the English dummy and explain to her what you guys mean by "to run the channels".

A lot of people said Lukaku did that, but I have no idea what that means :blush:

Meaning he didn't always stay in the middle and rather moved wide on several occasions to receive the ball to allow others to make runs from deep through the middle. Basically use it to pull CBs with him and get them out of position.

Basically running into the wide areas of the pitch to open up spaces for the whole team. He did that very well today but was isolated in the middle so he was sort of forced to in order to create spaces for his team.

Generally, when one refers to running the channels, they are speaking of the vertical area between the fullback and center half. Lukaku was coming wide rather often and working in these areas.

Meaning he didn't always stay in the middle and rather moved wide on several occasions to receive the ball to allow others to make runs from deep through the middle. Basically use it to pull CBs with him and get them out of position.

Basically running into the wide areas of the pitch to open up spaces for the whole team. He did that very well today but was isolated in the middle so he was sort of forced to in order to create spaces for his team.

Generally, when one refers to running the channels, they are speaking of the vertical area between the fullback and center half. Lukaku was coming wide rather often and working in these areas.

oh you guys are always so nice to me! Thanks a lot!

My general English may be deep, but my football lingo is ridiculously small :P

Good thing there are always so nice guys like you to explain it to me in a way I can understand :)

:kiss:

Is Schurlle injured? I see no reason other than that why he couldn't have taken Ramires spot when he was moved to the wing.

Great display all around though.

He's ill. I think Jose said he'll be back for the next match.

that means he played like crap, but his fanboys are praising him because he didn't stand stil. Next week we'll here how he didn't get any service.