Marco van Ginkel

Spike

He doesn't need a loan. He has played more than a 100 games in a good league. Ginkel is not some untested 18 year old from Chelsea's reserves, he's a promising talent that has featured for his national team. Oscar came at 20 from Brazil with no European experience and performed well.

I agree about his experience, but i dont see him getting too much gametime this season.

For a player of his age and progressing fast, it might be good for him to continue getting as much competitive football week in week out in the PL to make him a star.

If we keep him and are not able to give him much gametime, which does happen sometimes, then that will hamper his development. It will be the worst case scenario as he will move to a new league with higher standards and then only get gametime every once in a while, and without any momentum it can all go wrong.

I dont know really. Both sides of the coin exist. He looks quite good from what i have seen, so would like for him to be at Chelsea, but he needs to continue his momentum , which might not be available to him by us.

Catch 22.

I agree about his experience, but i dont see him getting too much gametime this season.

For a player of his age and progressing fast, it might be good for him to continue getting as much competitive football week in week out in the PL to make him a star.

If we keep him and are not able to give him much gametime, which does happen sometimes, then that will hamper his development. It will be the worst case scenario as he will move to a new league with higher standards and then only get gametime every once in a while, and without any momentum it can all go wrong.

I dont know really. Both sides of the coin exist. He looks quite good from what i have seen, so would like for him to be at Chelsea, but he needs to continue his momentum , which might not be available to him by us.

Catch 22.

I understand the point you're making but the transfer window didn't close yesterday. Players will be leaving and there's already talk of Mikel and Romeu which opens up space for somebody like MVG. I would probably agree with you if Mourinho hadn't already met the player, but he has and two days later the deal was done, that tells me MVG is confident he can get enough minutes.

In Holland it's reported quite widely that we've actually paid more like around £5m for him compared to this £9m-10m figure being reported by English media. Not a surprise. They do it with most our signings :clown:

Probably £5m+add ons, same as Lukaku was £13m+ but got reported as £18m

I think he could get more games then expected next season depending on how Essien and Lampard perform. I can see Mourinho using a midfield 3 with Mata or Oscar the most attacking of the three, then van Ginkel, Lampard and Ramires competing for a box to box role along with a holding player-possibly a new signing or one of Essien, Mikel(if he stays) and Romeu

He doesn't need a loan. He has played more than a 100 games in a good league. Ginkel is not some untested 18 year old from Chelsea's reserves, he's a promising talent that has featured for his national team. Oscar came at 20 from Brazil with no European experience and performed well.

What have you been smoking? One of the things that is good in the Netherlands?

What have you been smoking? One of the things that is good in the Netherlands?

Good, not great. The big 4 leagues are; England, Italy, Spain and Germany. The Dutch, French and Portuguese leagues are all good, and capable of producing talent like Ginkel.

Good, not great. The big 4 leagues are; England, Italy, Spain and Germany. The Dutch, French and Portuguese leagues are all good, and capable of producing talent like Ginkel.

Agreed. From the Dutch league came Van Nistelrooy, Luis (biteman) Suarez, Ronaldinho, Overmars.. Royston Drenthe too :D

Every league can produce talent, some can grow it. From the dutch league and avarage team as Vitesse to regular playing time at Chelsea for such a young and unfinished player is way too big a step. Give him a year to get acclimatised to the physicality and tempo of the league. Also the ligue 1 is still quite a bit better than the Dutch and clearly the better Portuguese sides are quite a bit better than any Dutch team. Also note that the Dutch league physically is one of the weakest leagues there are. I don't know why we wouldn't him give some time, one who believes he's actually going to immediately boost the squads quality is awfully mistaken. Chelsea doesn't win much by having him on the bench all season, nor does Van Ginkel himself really. People are rumouring and demanding/wishing for a player as De Rossi to join or an alternative. Our pivot will already be strenghtened and starting and bench places will already be harder to get already. Let him grow, ripe and make a name for himself before putting that kind of pressure on him. He'll also wants to be in the World cup squad next year, he currently is fighting for a place on the bench there and if Van Gaal has been saying and repeating one thing over it is players are selected on their current form and playing time. Why would you want to rish frustrating a players that does have a lot of potential in the future. Just be nice to him, give him that year, let him try to get into the World Cup squad for the Netherlans, then give him a fair chance next year when there's less pressure on both himself and Chelsea. Our squad is numerous enough, currently we just need some extra and immediate quality injection, big name signings that will directly have a serious impact, not a Van Ginkel. He's clearly a signing for the near future, not unlike KDB for example was. I doubt he really is a Mourinho signing, likely it was something that was already in the makes before José was here. He likely just greenlighted it as he was cheap (6 mil.) and would be a good addition for the future.

People haven't even seen him play before but apparently he isn't ready. I haven't seen much either but I find it ridiculous you could gauge someone's level of talent off of Youtube videos and fifa/fm ratings.

Indeed. I don't know much about him myself, but if he's confident and comfortable on the ball (which it sounds like he is) I can't see him being too far off the mark as being a decent squad player for us in his first year.

It might be better if people think of it this way, Moses, Marin and Yossi or Schurrle, KDB, Moses, Van Ginkel?

However, if he does really want a world cup spot, it'd be best if he went on loan to somewhere like Werder Bremen.