Marco van Ginkel

Spike

He'll surely go on loan, so another young signing. In my opinion we're going overboard with the young players. Van Ginkel will not solve a single thing.

Apparently Mou has had contact with him and said he is getting gametime. Your surely might be premature a bit. Also... He IS really good, even young. I am positive we will go for a dcm with experience as well.

Can't see him being loaned out tbh because we would probably have signed him and put him back to Vitesse as they are playing in the CL next year. His agent said he would only move if he was guaranteed first team football, which he must be by the time he agreed to the transfer, but thats just what I think.

Well if he gets playing time and he's good enough for it then fine by me.

In a 4-2-3-1 in the Pivots.

--------De Rossi------Van Ginkel------

-De Bruyne----Mata/Oscar------Hazard--

In a 4-3-3 which needs to be tried out

--------------------De Rossi-------------------

-----------Oscar---------------Van Ginkel----

Good signing but IMO this is why FFP won't ever really work. The loan system allows big spending clubs to buy up young talent, loan them off to sides who pay their wage bill and the players' values will almost inevitably rise. (Buy any 19 YO with talent and give them a good loan opportunity and their value will rise). Chelsea have spent something like 40-50M pounds in the last 3 years on players who haven't really played for Chelsea yet. The average Premier League team spends a fair bit less than that on all their players (and they have to sell players to make it happen.) The loan system allows not only bloated rosters, but allow top clubs to buy up an infinite amount of young talent. Happy about the signing but I don't think this sort of thing is good for football overall.

A lot of the big clubs in mainland Europe have been doing that for years,decades.we are just one of the few English clubs to be doing so.

financial fair play was not something that bothered Platini when he was a player,getting rich and being surrounded by bought in footballers when the Italian clubs were the rich ones. But he hates everything that is English and thought it was a way to bring us down...he failed.

There's a way he could bring down top English clubs at least for the next few years but he's not smart enough to see it.

Not that I'm totally against this transfer but we seem more busy right now in acquiring more young talents for the future than addressing the key areas with ready-made players.

I think Mourinho said he wanted to build something for a long time and take the challenge of younger players.

As in the past 3 teams he has been the man that buys the player and get an instant fix.

Here he is expecting to be working for a couple of years.

In short, this year another transition season. Even with the great Mourinho don't expect to win much this season.

I think Mourinho said he wanted to build something for a long time and take the challenge of younger players.

As in the past 3 teams he has been the man that buys the player and get an instant fix.

In short, this year another transition season. Even with the great Mourinho don't expect to win much this season.

FFS we have had five transition seasons ..any more and we will morph into Scumpool or Gooners

I wont complain because I believe he is a good player, but I wish we were focusing more on buying stablished and experienced player for key posistions (ST, DM, CB, etc)...

Transition is transition. Mourinho would still want to challenge strongly in the Premier League and Champions League, the 2 major competitions for us, and win it. Moreover, there needs to be a balance of experience and youth to the team. Right now, we have an influx of the latter and not enough of the former that will elevate us to the next level and fix the immediate problems in the team. We could find ourselves in battling to finish in the Top 4 again if we don't address the right areas in the team for next season.

So for DM position, this is our depth chart:

1. Mikel

2. Ramires

3. Lampard

4. Van Ginkel

5. Romeu

6. Essien

Mikel - Ramires would still be my first choice pivot for big games, Ramires is just a different animal in big games. But, Romeu-Van Ginkel would be my second choice, or Essien/Lamps - Van Ginkel if Romeu is leaving.

Think Van Ginkel is a Ramires/Lamps replacement really in the pivot since he's not a holding mid and a box-to-box player. That said, would still like to get a Mikel replacement, hopefully De Rossi.

Romeu will go out on loan, i guess! Essien won't be used extensively and if we are changing to 4-3-3, De Rossi could be our next buy!!

I don't think that we will change to 4-3-3. We have a squad to 4-2-3-1 (6 top quality amf/winger) . What would we do with them if only 2 could play at the same time? Two of them would be not even on the bench.

Not that I'm totally against this transfer but we seem more busy right now in acquiring more young talents for the future than addressing the key areas with ready-made players.

Normally I would agree with this and I've been very critical of the club's practice of stockpiling young potential talents under the much touted rationale of "buying for the future" despite there being gapping holes that need to be filled with players that can contribute immediately. And, if I'm being honest, there's just something that feels fundamentally contradictory & inherently flawed about a club centring their transfers around ideals of potential, development and the future but at the same time holding short term expectations and demanding immediate results. How exactly does that work, I wonder.

But the signing of Van Ginkel makes sense on several levels. Some might disagree, but I think if we're looking to improve our centre midfield then more funds should be invested in a holding midfielder and not on a deep lying playmaker or the position that Van Ginkel plays. A holding midfielder I think is what is urgently needed and from the players we've been linked with (i.e De rossi, Matic, Kondogbia) the club & Mourinho clearly see this area as the top priority that needs addressing in centre midfield. I think they see the positon of a central midfielder/deep lying playmaker as one we can "make do" until next season when Van Ginkel will perhaps be more ready to play a larger role.

Transition is transition. Mourinho would still want to challenge strongly in the Premier League and Champions League, the 2 major competitions for us, and win it. Moreover, there needs to be a balance of experience and youth to the team. Right now, we have an influx of the latter and not enough of the former that will elevate us to the next level and fix the immediate problems in the team. We could find ourselves in battling to finish in the Top 4 again if we don't address the right areas in the team for next season.

The reason why we battled for the top 4 last season was because we did not have enough width. We so desperately needed a striker and DM aswell + we had Rafa Benitez as our manager.