Marco van Ginkel

Spike

If our recent signings are anything to go by then of course they know what they're doing. Don't forget that it was Jose who persuaded him to sign as well.

Seems like Jose and Emenalo have a decent relationship. Schurrle and Van Ginkel were long-term targets before Jose and have been confirmed since his arrival. If Jose wasn't on board I'm sure neither player would be here but they are. Things are looking to be working very well behind the scenes which is pleasing.

I'll admit my knowledge on him is limited...

Is he gonna be in and around the first team, or you reckon we will send him back on loan?

MVG met Mourinho on Tuesday and the deal was confirmed today. It would seem likely that Mourinho has told him that he will play enough to convince him to make the move.

So we aren't building a team for the next season like PSG, City or others top teams do, but for a decade. I like that vision and with Mourinho at the lead, that's what we all wanted, stability !

Indeed ... we are not building teams anymore but a fucking dynasty.

I'll admit my knowledge on him is limited...

Is he gonna be in and around the first team, or you reckon we will send him back on loan?

Another young signing though, another investment for long term which is great. And from what I can see he looks like quite a talent.

Seen a few U-21 games, he's a talent.

He joins in on the attack very well, he has good technical abillity, good awarness and attacking position, vision ...

Whether he fulfills this talent is still to be seen, but he's already pretty good.

IMO he won't go out on a loan.

My Ajax supporting contact doesn't rate him at all, any eredivisie connoisseurs here?

On youtube.. Kakuta is better than Zidane.

Its the same Ajax that wanted to sign him. From what I have read from different forums, he is a top talent as evidenced at the under 21´s world cup. He was the stand out player. People expected Strootman (PSV) to shine, but Van Ginkel had other ideas. just my 2 cents anyway

My Ajax supporting contact doesn't rate him at all, any eredivisie connoisseurs here?

That's funny because Ajax themselves were really interested in him:

Overmars (Ajax Technical director):"We were very interested [in Van Ginkel] but we can't compete with an English top club. Chelsea have more financial power"

Your Ajax friend either is clueless or bitter and perhaps even both. :)

Context is important. He blew off Ajax after Frank De Boer had been chasing him. He won best talent of the year award (jury Johan Cruijff, Frank de Boer, Jan Wouters, Fred Rutten, Ronald Koeman, Phillip Cocu and Erwin Koeman). I like his style very much ...

Furthermore, dutch media say he has been contacted by Mou - should not go on loan and has been told he would get playtime as a CM.

To be continued ...

Almost all pple who come from dutch league, spanish league and french league are successes in the EPL.

He won young player of the year this season. Even Ajax wanted him but we got him instead.

He is 20 and we have 10 proper years of quality from him for just £8mil.

Great signing in my opinion.

Your Ajax supporting contact is clueless, he was one of the best players in the Eredivisie last season. I don't watch the Eredivisie as much anymore but you can take that from me and all my friends and family who watch it avidly back home.

Ajax were even interested in him themselves. He was Nederlands Voetbal Talent van het Jaar (young player of the year) as well. No idea why your mate doesn't "rate him at all".