André Schürrle

BlueLion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, iseah100 said:

Dortmund making moves. Gotze and Schurrle. Noice.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Not a big fan of this transfer. First of all, how is player who struggled at Wolfsburg and was basically flop (failing at Chelsea before that) your most expensive player ever? Tuchel must've really pushed for the deal because Dortmund overpaid. Wolfsburg didn't lose money on a player who failed.

Then there's the fact that Schurrle's best position is occupied by Reus. If he doesn't produce the goods there, the club and the manager failed. Not the player. He's not effective on the right at all.

It's possible they signed him as Reus' deputy but do you break your record for such a role? Of course Reus is struggles to stay fit for a full season but still.

Schurrle is a very decent player, not Dortmund starting XI material imo. And they were well stacked in those positions with Reus, Gotze, Dembele, Kagawa, Pulisic and Mor. Kuba is still at the club as well. Don't understand the purchase. Maybe Dortmund don't have faith in Reus staying fit? I don't know. Maybe it will make sense when the season starts.

Not a big fan of this transfer. First of all, how is player who struggled at Wolfsburg and was basically flop (failing at Chelsea before that) your most expensive player ever? Tuchel must've really pushed for the deal because Dortmund overpaid. Wolfsburg didn't lose money on a player who failed.

Then there's the fact that Schurrle's best position is occupied by Reus. If he doesn't produce the goods there, the club and the manager failed. Not the player. He's not effective on the right at all.

It's possible they signed him as Reus' deputy but do you break your record for such a role? Of course Reus is struggles to stay fit for a full season but still.

Schurrle is a very decent player, not Dortmund starting XI material imo. And they were well stacked in those positions with Reus, Gotze, Dembele, Kagawa, Pulisic and Mor. Kuba is still at the club as well. Don't understand the purchase. Maybe Dortmund don't have faith in Reus staying fit? I don't know. Maybe it will make sense when the season starts.

There might be more to the move than we know. I personally expect Dortmund to lose one more big player, with Pierre being the likely candidate.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

There might be more to the move than we know. I personally expect Dortmund to lose one more big player, with Pierre being the likely candidate.

So they sign a winger to replace him? Doesn't make sense.

Don't think Aubame is leaving btw. Dortmund had to let Hummels, Gundo and Mkhi go because they only had a year left on their contracts. And Aubame said he only wants to leave for Spain, more specifically Real. Benz and Suarez are better and he's too expensive to be a back-up. So unless Atletico is planning a major coup... Think he would be better off at Dortmund though. Settled, loved and at least as likely to win trophies.

Spoiler

If he decides otherwise, Arsenal, Juve and possibly Chelsea are his only options. The first two are unlikely because of his price and I don't know if he's willing to leave Dortmund and CL football for Chelsea (if the club is even interested)

So they sign a winger to replace him? Doesn't make sense.

Don't think Aubame is leaving btw. Dortmund had to let Hummels, Gundo and Mkhi go because they only had a year left on their contracts. And Aubame said he only wants to leave for Spain, more specifically Real. Benz and Suarez are better and he's too expensive to be a back-up. So unless Atletico is planning a major coup... Think he would be better off at Dortmund though. Settled, loved and at least as likely to win trophies.

Spoiler If he decides otherwise, Arsenal, Juve and possibly Chelsea are his only options. The first two are unlikely because of his price and I don't know if he's willing to leave Dortmund and CL football for Chelsea (if the club is even interested)

He played as a CF at times during his spell at Leveruksen. The price is what's off about this deal.

I would personally have Pierre over Benz, but doubt that would even happen with Zidane in charge.

10 hours ago, DYC. said:

Tuchel is friends with Schurrle from what I've heard...

Tuchel was Schurrles coach when they both were at Mainz years ago. Under Tuchel Andre was one of the best players in Germany, starting games for the NT and getting young players award. So a reunion of them makes sense, as Schurrles career stalled since he moved to Chelsea and Tuchel seems to be the right man to get the best out of him.

On 7/23/2016 at 4:24 AM, Spike said:

I know about their relationship, yeah. Probably the reason why Dortmund coughed up that fee.

I don't think he'll be a succes but I hope I'm wrong.

• 3 months later...