Chico Flores

Mufassir08

He has been one of the top 5 CB's in BPL this season imo.With ivanovic in steady decline, terry no longer the player he was and cahill although being an excellent squad player is not good enough to be starter week in week out for a team challenging for top honours we need a good new CB.Chico's dominant style of play would also suit luiz and i could see them forming a solid partnership.

Although chico has signed a new contract for swansea and looks settled there he might be tempted to play in the UCL(hopefully we will qualify) and ofcourse a bigger paycheck will also be handy.He would also fit in well with our spaniards :) .

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been one of the top 5 CB's in BPL this season imo.With ivanovic in steady decline, terry no longer the player he was and cahill although being an excellent squad player is not good enough to be starter week in week out for a team challenging for top honours we need a good new CB.Chico's dominant style of play would also suit luiz and i could see them forming a solid partnership.

Although chico has signed a new contract for swansea and looks settled there he might be tempted to play in the UCL(hopefully we will qualify) and ofcourse a bigger paycheck will also be handy.He would also fit in well with our spaniards :) .

was thinking about that, too. Problem is, he is so damn slow, i do not know whether he and liuiz would work together so well, cos the latter is rather pacy and likes a high line, whereas chico is at his best when his team get all men behind the ball as in their games against the top teams this season.

Yesterday I was talking with CHOULO19 about him, decent player, always in position but is the first season that starts to shine. It might be a good player for mid-europaleague teams, but honestly I don't see him as being Chelsea player, he is already 26 so for us would be better to select a young players and let them play if is needed.

I rate him as high as I do Cahill. Could do the job as a squad player but no more than that and seeing as we already have Gary, we should be aiming higher if we're looking to add another CB to our ranks. Don't think a new centre-back should be bought this summer though, our current ones are good enough for another year and there are other priorities first.

Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading here. Took him a while to adjust to the league (I remember when he started like a bull in a china shop), but he's improved drastically since then and has been monstrous for Swansea.

His role is too similar to Luiz's though. Both are the more aggressive defender in each pairing, and look to win the ball high up the pitch while the other defender covers (Ivanovic, Williams).

Impressed me a lot yesterday. Probably the only player from them who actually looked bothered and he looked really strong and solid. I wouldn't mind him. Spanish, next to Azpi with lots of fellow Spanish peeps. Why not.

See, this is what makes me laugh. I get criticised for defending squad players like Moses, who in the eyes of so many Chelsea supporters, just isn't "good enough".

Chico is a good defender who has had a decent season. He is another of Laudrup's excellent signings, so kudos to the Dane for bringing him to the Premier League. However, if we are going to get critical over solid homegrown players like Gary Cahill and Victor Moses but then suggest to bring in players who probably aren't even of that calibre, then I really don't know what to say.

The bottom line is he is a solid player, but nothing more. Even a half-fit John Terry is a better option, in my view. I look at our four centre-backs and I wouldn't replace any of them with Chico.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You